TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Blue & Grey skin is online. You'll notice the Blue & White (which was formerly and erroneously called Blue & Grey) is still there, but it probably won't be for long.

Blue & White hurt me eyes! :doh:

Blue & Grey is A-OKay :ebert:

Excellent job with all the skins, 73. This one's definitely very cool and relaxing to the face.

Blue & Grey skin is online. You'll notice the Blue & White (which was formerly and erroneously called Blue & Grey) is still there, but it probably won't be for long.

Excellent job with all the skins, 73. This one's definitely very cool and relaxing to the face.

Although, one thing I just picked up on, is that a few peoples' signatures, including my own, contain text that is the same color as the grey background. I'm going to check to make sure I have that text set to automatic black type.

BRBZ

UNBRBZ

Okay it's still just a slightly darker grey than the grey background. :(

Man, I gotta ditch Bob Ross for my classic Tarkus icon.

Edited by Tarkus406

Although, one thing I just picked up on, is that a few peoples' signatures, including my own, contain text that is the same color as the grey background. I'm going to check to make sure I have that text set to automatic black type.

BRBZ

UNBRBZ

Okay it's still just a slightly darker grey than the grey background. :(

Man, I gotta ditch Bob Ross for my classic Tarkus icon.

Go into your sig and change the color of your text. Even the dark grey will show up on the grey skin, as will any dark color.

EDIT: Just changed it for you. You can choose another color, of course.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Ok so, sort of laughing here but sort of wondering about the mad workings of this new site. In one thread, I was writing about keeping the house clean and every time I tried to type... "spanish person and span" as in the cleaning term or as in the chemical cleaner, TRF kept changing the term to... spanish person.

Has anyone else had TRF change words on them?? Honestly, I never would have caught it if I hadn't had someone poke fun at me.

ETA: IT DID IT AGAIN! I am trying my damnest to type S-P-I-C AND S-P-A-N!!!!! I mean, I see what's going on, jeez. This is just, wow.

Edited by Janie

Here's a weird one for you: since this morning, after I log in, the board soon reacts as if I haven't logged in, and instead of seeing the notification icons, username and Sign Out, I see no notification icons, just the Log In. I have to refresh the page about 5 times before it gives up.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwordspasswordseconomictions are fine.

Ok so, sort of laughing here but sort of wondering about the mad workings of this new site. In one thread, I was writing about keeping the house clean and every time I tried to type... "spanish person and span" as in the cleaning term or as in the chemical cleaner, TRF kept changing the term to... spanish person.

Has anyone else had TRF change words on them?? Honestly, I never would have caught it if I hadn't had someone poke fun at me.

ETA: IT DID IT AGAIN! I am trying my damnest to type S-P-I-C AND S-P-A-N!!!!! I mean, I see what's going on, jeez. This is just, wow.

That has nothing to do with the new site. That word filter has been in place for 8+ years. But I just removed it because you're the first person to type that word and you weren't trying to insult a Spanish person. :D

"Spic and span." There we go, all clean!

Here's a weird one for you: since this morning, after I log in, the board soon reacts as if I haven't logged in, and instead of seeing the notification icons, username and Sign Out, I see no notification icons, just the Log In. I have to refresh the page about 5 times before it gives up.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwordspasswordseconomictions are fine.

Does it seem like the same login problem people were having a couple weeks ago? No one else has complained about that today, so I have to assume it's a cookie thing with your device. (Do those mobile devices even use cookies?)

Blue & Grey skin is online.

Me likey! :D

:goodone:

And :pizza: , just because.

Does it seem like the same login problem people were having a couple weeks ago? No one else has complained about that today, so I have to assume it's a cookie thing with your device. (Do those mobile devices even use cookies?)

I think mobiles do use cookies, but I'm not sure what they do. It's not like the previous log in problem as I can log in.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwords are fine.

I think mobiles do use cookies, but I'm not sure what they do. It's not like the previous log in problem as I can log in.

I just came out of here and cleared the cookie browser, though still accepting cookies, but I don't think it did much good. Still acting I'm not logged in. It will have no notification icons, instead Log In and Create Account. It did it again just now, and I had to log in again.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwords are fine.

I just came out of here and cleared the cookie browser, though still accepting cookies, but I don't think it did much good. Still acting I'm not logged in. It will have no notification icons, instead Log In and Create Account. It did it again just now, and I had to log in again.

If there's a browser cache on your device, try clearing that, too. The cache stores all the images and colors once you've visited a webpage so that it doesn't have to load them all the next time you visit that page, and it needs to be cleared out periodically.

I like the blue and grey a lot. Only thing about this one is the bottom of the main page really hurts my eyes trying to read who is online.

Now that the upgrade is done and we're a couple of weeks into it, how is everybody liking the new site? Are you all adjusting to all the new features? Is it starting to feel like home again?

Yes! It just took a little bit of getting used to and figuring out the new stuff. Besides, we're all the same. It's always been the awesome people that kept me here. :)

• Like 3

Now that the upgrade is done and we're a couple of weeks into it, how is everybody liking the new site? Are you all adjusting to all the new features? Is it starting to feel like home again?

Yes! It just took a little bit of getting used to and figuring out the new stuff. Besides, we're all the same. It's always been the awesome people that kept me here. :)

:yay: !

That's how I like to think of it, too. It's not about fancy graphics or cool buttons, it's this group of people.

• Like 4

That's how I like to think of it, too. It's not about fancy graphics or cool buttons, it's this group of people.

:yay: ^This! :yay:

I like the blue and grey a lot. Only thing about this one is the bottom of the main page really hurts my eyes trying to read who is online.

Yeah, that's a problem on some monitors. I have two LCDs here, and the names are a little blurry on one and easy to read on the other. Might have to lighten that grey a bit.

EDIT: Okay, lightened it. Any better? (Might have to refresh once or twice to see the color change.)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/facebook_like_button_big.jpg

Yeah, that's a problem on some monitors. I have two LCDs here, and the names are a little blurry on one and easy to read on the other. Might have to lighten that grey a bit.

EDIT: Okay, lightened it. Any better? (Might have to refresh once or twice to see the color change.)

I just noticed the difference before seeing this post. Yes, it is much better. The red and green on the grey was very hard to read, the blue just made me feel all funny.... you know. Much better now

Also - I have a flat LCD here at work, I tweaked the settings a little, raised the contrast, lowered the brightness and it looks much better. I have my settings fairly low to ease eye strain.

EDIT - The green text is still very hard to read, even with the tweaks.... red and blue are good

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

• The topic was unpinned