TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I like that we can like our own posts boosting our own karma. :P

That's an interesting thought. Should I start liking my own posts?

But... If I did that and went through all my posts over the last 2 years, wouldn't I fill up that green box in my profile..? :unsure:

In the thread for Blue Oyster Cult, I noticed that the O has a black diamond with a '?' inside it, and some posts have this curious little icon in them. Out of curiousity, how was that done?

In the thread for Blue Oyster Cult, I noticed that the O has a black diamond with a '?' inside it, and some posts have this curious little icon in them. Out of curiousity, how was that done?

That question mark symbol means there's a letter or punctuation mark from the old board that isn't compatible with the font that is used here. In this case, the "O" in the band's name is one of those special O's with the two dots above it -- Blue Öyster Cult. That special Ö didn't translate from the old board properly. I just re-typed it into the topic title and it looks correct now.

That question mark symbol means there's a letter or punctuation mark from the old board that isn't compatible with the font that is used here. In this case, the "O" in the band's name is one of those special O's with the two dots above it -- Blue Öyster Cult. That special Ö didn't translate from the old board properly. I just re-typed it into the topic title and it looks correct now.

:) :D

Why does View New Content not show all of the new content since my last visit? :huh:

I can't answer that, but I just realized something else - before the upgrade, I used to have about 800+ pages. Now I only have less than 10. I think it's part of the upgrade, so I guess that's fair enough.

In the Anniversaries list, what does [collapse] mean? If that were pressed, would it disappear?

Yes, it just hides it. it then gives you an option to [Expand] to bring it back again, as if by magic.

• Like 1

In the Anniversaries list, what does [collapse] mean? If that were pressed, would it disappear?

Yes, it just hides it. it then gives you an option to [Expand] to bring it back again, as if by magic.

Oh that's okay..! *phew!* I wouldn't want to press any buttons and screw up the board..! :)

I still don't really have a clue what I'm doing on this board yet. :codger:

as in navigating it....

Edited by Tick

I still don't really have a clue what I'm doing on this board yet. :codger:

as in navigating it....

This board has a lot more features than the old one, but as far as basic navigating and posting, it's not much different. The forums are all in the same place (and the subforums are accessible from the main page!), the PM link is at the top, and the beer is in the fridge.The new toys can be learned at your leisure. And, we have donkeys now!

There's a lot of good info about the new stuff in this thread. If you have a question, ask away!

Why does View New Content not show all of the new content since my last visit? :huh:

You mean that tab in the upper right? I just clicked on it and while there are only eight topics on that page, there are 19 pages. And the lefthand pane is showing all kinds of options for sorting them out. I can look at "new" content from the past year if I wanted to.

You mean that tab in the upper right? I just clicked on it and while there are only eight topics on that page, there are 19 pages. And the lefthand pane is showing all kinds of options for sorting them out. I can look at "new" content from the past year if I wanted to.

Found it! :yay:

Flipping back and forth between the almost-completed blue/grey skin and the default red one, the red one was looking too saturated and cartoony and pink, so I toned down the colors a bit. Hope it's a little easier on the eyes now.

BTW, if you were using the default skin before I made the color changes, it might take a couple of refreshes on each page to clear the old colors from your browser's cache.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned