TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

All right, so I go on hiatus for months and then I come back and find...

...this. I'm horribly confused but it seems to be new, so at least I'm not alone!

Aah, quick question about the avatars. Those of you who know me know that a lot of mine were gifs with transparent backgrounds. When I tried to upload the avatar on the right (yes, an old one) it gave me an ugly white background and not the beautiful transparency I was so used to. D: Is this fixable or is there a different file format I can use or am I just out of luck?

Welcome back!

Can you post one of your old transparent avatars in here? Just want to see if I can figure out why it isn't working.

Thanks 73. :D

Aaand here's an old avatar.

The board puts a thin white border around the avatar. It might be interfering with the transparency of your GIF image.

I've noticed this board seems to like PNG files better than GIFs, so try this one. It will still put the white border around it, which would probably make the transparency kind of pointless, but give it a shot. It's not animated yet, but I just want to see if the transparency works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/photo-10790.png

More familiar things added back in: http://www.therushfo...s/#entry2792485

I think we're starting to feel like the old familiar TRF, only with a bunch of new toys. Which was the goal all along.

Good job x'49'! Yes, it is starting to feel like home again. Thanks for all of your work. I hope it didn't take too much of a toll on your personal life.

:cheers:

Yup, this place is coming back together. I like it. A lot! Can't wait to use the Twitter and Reddit shares. :dweez:

And the embedded YouTube window is another sweet feature.

Love the Blue & Grey, SO civil war.

Agreed. B&G is awesome.

Love the Blue & Grey, SO civil war.

Agreed. B&G is awesome.

+1

I know a lot of hard work has gone into the upgrade but I missed the explanation as to "why" it was necessary? It certainly couldn't have been because the old look was "old" because this new look is ...ahem... really stinky.

Despite what you say in your sig, you ARE friendlyfloridian, who was a pain in the ass. Ergo, your opinion of the new board is moot. And speaking of stinky, don't you have some spore juice to grow or something? :D

:beathorse:

I know a lot of hard work has gone into the upgrade but I missed the explanation as to "why" it was necessary? It certainly couldn't have been because the old look was "old" because this new look is ...ahem... really stinky.

Despite what you say in your sig, you ARE friendlyfloridian, who was a pain in the ass. Ergo, your opinion of the new board is moot. And speaking of stinky, don't you have some spore juice to grow or something? :D

Ha. You got served a hot dish of pwn3d.

:ph34r:

Actually, no. I joined this board a while ago and I keep getting told I am this other person that I am not, so I think it is hilarious that you guys keep thinking this way. I am going along with it all in good jest.

Actually, no. I joined this board a while ago and I keep getting told I am this other person that I am not, so I think it is hilarious that you guys keep thinking this way. I am going along with it all in good jest.

If it's not true, you're getting pwn3d twofold for taking the blame

I would suspect the admin would know. Admin have ways of knowing where you exist. :)

I would suspect the admin would know. Admin have ways of knowing where you exist. :)

Yep.

The board puts a thin white border around the avatar. It might be interfering with the transparency of your GIF image.

I've noticed this board seems to like PNG files better than GIFs, so try this one. It will still put the white border around it, which would probably make the transparency kind of pointless, but give it a shot. It's not animated yet, but I just want to see if the transparency works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/photo-10790.png

Okay, well, I just changed it back to this little thing for now. Thanks for the tip though. I think until I find out a way to make a non-GIF animation (which I don't think is really possible; not with my software anyways, and I don't suppose the forum supports .swf) I'll just tack on a background. I appreciate your help! I'm sure this is as much of a headache for you guys as it is for us. ^^;

Yep.

I think the Admins have no clue how to interpret IP addresses. It is obvious that when I registered here at work, which is a large company with thousands of employees, there is also other people here that also browse this board. So, of course it would appear I am some other user because we all come from the same IP within the corporate firewall.

Yep.

I think the Admins have no clue how to interpret IP addresses. It is obvious that when I registered here at work, which is a large company with thousands of employees, there is also other people here that also browse this board. So, of course it would appear I am some other user because we all come from the same IP within the corporate firewall.

So work is the only place you access the board?

Yep.

So work is the only place you access the board?

Pretty much.

• The topic was unpinned