TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Still can't find the smilies! Where are they?

Above the box where you type your post, you'll see two rows of buttons (bold, italic, font, link, etc.). In the top row, you'll see a single smiling smiley. :) Click that and a whole row of smilies will appear at the bottom. Click Show All beneath that and a sidebar will appear with ALL the smilies listed.

I still don't have those 2 rows. All I see is a row of icons - twitter, google+, digg, delicious, reddit, stumle, email, print, download, facebook 'like' and a small white square with a '0' inside it.

You're not seeing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/new_board_post_box.jpg

Totally not seeing that.

When I'm on a PC - I see it just like that. When i am using the mobile version, it is not there. When I am using the browser on my smart phone, I also do not see it. Looks like this may be the case with you.... anyone else have this same issue when using their phone?

Yup. There's my problem. Cellphone related. No PC, laptop, desk top...

Above the box where you type your post, you'll see two rows of buttons (bold, italic, font, link, etc.). In the top row, you'll see a single smiling smiley. :) Click that and a whole row of smilies will appear at the bottom. Click Show All beneath that and a sidebar will appear with ALL the smilies listed.

I still don't have those 2 rows. All I see is a row of icons - twitter, google+, digg, delicious, reddit, stumle, email, print, download, facebook 'like' and a small white square with a '0' inside it.

You're not seeing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/new_board_post_box.jpg

Totally not seeing that.

When I'm on a PC - I see it just like that. When i am using the mobile version, it is not there. When I am using the browser on my smart phone, I also do not see it. Looks like this may be the case with you.... anyone else have this same issue when using their phone?

I was at my parents' house last night and I checked out the board on their iPad using the normal skin. I didn't see all those options either. I find it hard to believe you can't use smileys on a mobile device when NOT using the mobile skin, but maybe that's the way it is.

On a completely unrelated note, now that the main problem has been solved, I seem to be having a problem with the Anthems and Feedback subforums.

I can access the last thread posted in via link on the main page, but if you open up the subforums themselves, there's nothing there. :huh:

You're not seeing this?

Totally not seeing that.

I was at my parents' house last night and I checked out the board on their iPad using the normal skin. I didn't see all those options either. I find it hard to believe you can't use smileys on a mobile device when NOT using the mobile skin, but maybe that's the way it is.

Before the update, the smiley panel was evident when posting comments. Now, the only way I can post a smiley is typing it in manually, the same with bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, color. Links are typed in manually too. Time consuming, but I don't really mind. :)

On a completely unrelated note, now that the main problem has been solved, I seem to be having a problem with the Anthems and Feedback subforums.

I can access the last thread posted in via link on the main page, but if you open up the subforums themselves, there's nothing there. :huh:

Fixed.

Fixed.

Wow! that was fast!

Cheers, works fine now :cheers:

I know a lot of hard work has gone into the upgrade but I missed the explanation as to "why" it was necessary? It certainly couldn't have been because the old look was "old" because this new look is ...ahem... really stinky.

Link test: http://www.rush.com/

Smiley test: :D-13: :bacon: :gumby:

Photobucket image test:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/tufted_titmouse.jpg

FIXED! :cheers:

The problem was, of all things, a problem with the bad word filters. There were some misplaced brackets there and it affected links and images.

Go ahead and fix your sigs, start posting smileys and pics, and links to stuff.

:notworthy: Thank you 73!

A tech from Invision figured out the problem. I was just an observer. ;)

There's your answer I believe. I do know that the old board was no longer supported by Invision, and the upgrade (again, just a guess), was necessary to have Invision support incase somethine catastrophic would have happened.

I know a lot of hard work has gone into the upgrade but I missed the explanation as to "why" it was necessary? It certainly couldn't have been because the old look was "old" because this new look is ...ahem... really stinky.

Photobucket image test:

The problem was, of all things, a problem with the bad word filters. There were some misplaced brackets there and it affected links and images.

There's your answer I believe. I do know that the old board was no longer supported by Invision, and the upgrade (again, just a guess), was necessary to have Invision support incase somethine catastrophic would have happened.

Did this board ever run on Invision before or am I imaging things?

Despite what you say in your sig, you ARE friendlyfloridian, who was a pain in the ass. Ergo, your opinion of the new board is moot. And speaking of stinky, don't you have some spore juice to grow or something? :D

Photobucket image test:

Did this board ever run on Invision before or am I imaging things?

The old board was an Invision board, yes. A really old version of it. KMH is right -- having Invision support is one of the reasons we decided to upgrade. Functionality and security were the others.

Hey 73 can you increase the amount of smileys you can post? I was just demonstrating the smileys in a PM, I think I sent maybe 10 or 12 and it wouldn't send it, then when I reduced the amount I got a "no permission to edit" error message and it wiped out what I'd typed along with the smileys! :o :unsure:

It was set to 10. Upped it to 30.

Cool! :sundog:

All right, so I go on hiatus for months and then I come back and find...

...this. I'm horribly confused but it seems to be new, so at least I'm not alone!

Aah, quick question about the avatars. Those of you who know me know that a lot of mine were gifs with transparent backgrounds. When I tried to upload the avatar on the right (yes, an old one) it gave me an ugly white background and not the beautiful transparency I was so used to. D: Is this fixable or is there a different file format I can use or am I just out of luck?

...this. I'm horribly confused but it seems to be new, so at least I'm not alone!

Aah, quick question about the avatars. Those of you who know me know that a lot of mine were gifs with transparent backgrounds. When I tried to upload the avatar on the right (yes, an old one) it gave me an ugly white background and not the beautiful transparency I was so used to. D: Is this fixable or is there a different file format I can use or am I just out of luck?

Welcome back!

Can you post one of your old transparent avatars in here? Just want to see if I can figure out why it isn't working.

Welcome back!

Can you post one of your old transparent avatars in here? Just want to see if I can figure out why it isn't working.

Thanks 73. :D

Aaand here's an old avatar.

Where is the option for the blue skin? I clicked on Change Theme on the bottom of the page but the only other option is the mobile skin.

Hooray, I thought I was the only one who used the blue skin :)

I can see the option for the Blue & Grey skin in that bottom menu, but maybe all the different member groups can't see it? Lemme see what the deal is there.

And again, it isn't a finished skin -- no grey in it yet. It's just blue and white, but only temporarily.

EDIT: Okay, it should be visible to all now.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• The topic was unpinned