TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Now that I think we have the speed issue fixed, we can try and solve other issues, like the posting of links/images/smileys. But standing in our way is the fact that both me and the server tech both live in NY, and who knows how much time we have left before the power goes out. It's flickering as I type this. Once it's out, we won't have internet. So, some of those annoying posting problems might be around for a while until we can access the board again. That could be a few days at least.

PM me your password, I'll take care of it!

Oh - and most importantly - be safe! Good luck, hope everyone gets thru this ok!!

Now that I think we have the speed issue fixed, we can try and solve other issues, like the posting of links/images/smileys. But standing in our way is the fact that both me and the server tech both live in NY, and who knows how much time we have left before the power goes out. It's flickering as I type this. Once it's out, we won't have internet. So, some of those annoying posting problems might be around for a while until we can access the board again. That could be a few days at least.

PM me your password, I'll take care of it!

Oh - and most importantly - be safe! Good luck, hope everyone gets thru this ok!!

Yes, literally - be safe everyone! *great big hug*

Thanks so much, appreciated and take care out there!

Nice job Amigo!

Please be safe.

Well..... I can't post a picture to save my life. Tried linking, uploading and direct using the IMG tags. No luck.

Stay safe over there, 73!

Go into the ACP, and use the "Live Search" feature, top right. Put in a search for Links. You might find those 2 setting set to no. Switch them to yes, and you might solve most of the problems.

As for the quotes being jacked, it's not 73's fault. It was an issue with one of the upgrades.

The reason this probably took so long, and this is just a guess, is because when anyone using Invision Power Board upgrades the board, you just don't jump from one version that you're using to the one you want to go to. You have to go through each and every instance of an IPB Board. So my guess is that 73 had to download every version of IPB, or the upgrade contacted IPB's servers, and forced him to go to each release to upgrade. That takes a long time considering that TRF was on Version 1.x, and IPB is up to version 3.3.x.

Getting back to the quotes, the same thing happened to CP. One of the upgrades totally went haywire, as the quote engine was not correct in the board code. They tried to fix this, but to no avail (if my memory serves me correctly.) From IPB 3.x on, the quotes were fine. When you quote a post made before today, you'll probably see the messed up quotes. If you quote a post from today, the quotes will work fine. Again, not 73's fault. It's with the board software itself.

I wasn't blaming anyone. They asked us to let them know about bugs so I did...

Wow...big difference today.

Not getting email notifications of topic replies though. :\

• The topic was unpinned