TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Wow, I can't get links to work. Links or images hosted elsewhere. Baffling!

And with the storm coming in, with the threat of power loss, it's entirely possible things that need to be fixed could go unfixed for a while. Like, days or even a week. Please be patient.

I was coming in here to ask about some threads in clockwork angels having quoted posts that were impossible to figure out and see the quoted posts in here actually looking correct. default/confused13.gif

Quoting is jacked up in some areas. Go to the "is your brain your mind" thread and look at post right before the photo of grapes. You can;t tell what in the hell is happening there.

And with the storm coming in, with the threat of power loss, it's entirely possible things that need to be fixed could go unfixed for a while. Like, days or even a week. Please be patient.

73, please allow me to chime in wherever I can... I have like, experience with the new board format and stuff. default/smile.png

Links work totally different than before. You don't type in the links in a pop-up box anymore. You just type the link.

Also, for youtube, you just post the link of the video file.

You do have to enable this, but that's how it works over at CP. Pretty seemless. If this feature is not enabled, I would maybe if I could, suggest this. It makes life much easier all around.

Edited by KMH

Ok. I see that the links aren't appearing. It's just an admin setting I'm very sure. Just take your time to look through all the different settings, and the new layout for you in the Admin Control Panel. You'll get the hang of it, and we can wait until you get all the bugs worked out. Give me a ring if you need any help.

As for the quotes being jacked, it's not 73's fault. It was an issue with one of the upgrades.

The reason this probably took so long, and this is just a guess, is because when anyone using Invision Power Board upgrades the board, you just don't jump from one version that you're using to the one you want to go to. You have to go through each and every instance of an IPB Board. So my guess is that 73 had to download every version of IPB, or the upgrade contacted IPB's servers, and forced him to go to each release to upgrade. That takes a long time considering that TRF was on Version 1.x, and IPB is up to version 3.3.x.

Getting back to the quotes, the same thing happened to CP. One of the upgrades totally went haywire, as the quote engine was not correct in the board code. They tried to fix this, but to no avail (if my memory serves me correctly.) From IPB 3.x on, the quotes were fine. When you quote a post made before today, you'll probably see the messed up quotes. If you quote a post from today, the quotes will work fine. Again, not 73's fault. It's with the board software itself.

73, please allow me to chime in wherever I can... I have like, experience with the new board format and stuff. default/smile.png

Links work totally different than before. You don't type in the links in a pop-up box anymore. You just type the link.

You do have to enable this, but that's how it works over at CP. Pretty seemless. If this feature is not enabled, I would maybe if I could, suggest this. It makes life much easier all around.

Absolutely, please chime in anytime you see something you think you know the answer to. Thank you!

I don't want to be the resident complainer, because overall I really do like the new style, but it is running pretty slow for me, and I have some fast internet hooked up to my computer.

Absolutely, please chime in anytime you see something you think you know the answer to. Thank you!

Probably the easiest thing to fix as of this precise moment, is the smiley's. Double check the path of your "uploads" folder. ACP/System Settings/General Configuration.

I don't want to be the resident complainer, because overall I really do like the new style, but it is running pretty slow for me, and I have some fast internet hooked up to my computer.

One thing to remember, is that TRF is a huge database. Lots of processes/protocols to go through as far as the database is concerned.

The only real thing I can think of, is 73, if you didn't run the "recount and rebuild" function, I would suggest that also. Do this for all posts, pictures, etc. I did see that my sig pic is overflowing into the board border. Running the function to rebuild the pictures will auto resize the pictures so everything fits. It will also remove orphaned photos, etc. The end point to all this is, cleaning up the board so it runs faster, albeit a bit faster.

You will have to shut the board down to do this, and with the size of TRF, it will take about 24 to 36 hours (my guess). It's an intensive board process.

If you did do this, then nevermind. (hee hee hee)

Edited by KMH

Here's something I've noticed: when I mouseover someone's username, it loads some square before telling me I have no access.

I see a business card. Mod powers have access.

Doesn't really make sense considering it probably shows info you could get from going to the user's profile.

EDIT: now it works and I see the card. It's actually a really cool feature.

Edited by USB Connector

• The topic was unpinned