Classic Kiss Throwdown

Steevo

Rock and Roll Over vs Love Gun  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rock and Roll Over vs Love Gun

• Rock and Roll Over
    • Love Gun

Rock and Roll Over by a mile!

Shit, it's the only album of theirs aside from Alive 2 I ever bothered to buy laugh.gif

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Kiss is like Rush - too many strong moments on too many albums. But the following (in no particular order) seem to be the strongest:

Destroyer

RARO

Kiss (debut)

Hotter Than Hell (The best of the original 3)

Dynasty

Creatures Of The Night

Carnival of Souls

Paul's '78 Solo

Ace's '78 Solo

For this poll - RARO by a long shot. Love Gun has some killer songs on it but doesn't seem to have the strength from beginning to end that RARO does.

Edited by Pags

On another, related note- you guys need to read Peter's new book, the stories are amazing. Much more insightful on Gene/Paul than Ace's book. I literally couldnt put it down.

I have it on order. I read that Chapter 9 excerpt that Treeduck posted, and I was hooked on every word. I can't wait to get it.

On another, related note- you guys need to read Peter's new book, the stories are amazing. Much more insightful on Gene/Paul than Ace's book. I literally couldnt put it down.

I have it on order. I read that Chapter 9 excerpt that Treeduck posted, and I was hooked on every word. I can't wait to get it.

Holy crap! Just after I posted this I got my notification that the book is ready for pick up! (borrowed it from my local library). :haz:

Hey guys. Understandably, I dislike rock and roll all night. I don't favor it. So I never really gave Kiss a chance beyond that song

I'm changing that today thouhgh.. And I'm listening to Destroyer, which is supposedly their best album.

I'm impressed so far, and just two tracks in :P

My favourite is their debut.

Strutter, Cold Gin, Deuce and Black Diamond 1022.gif

This is a great album. I keep forgetting how good this was. I have it as part of The Originals collection and need to give it a spin.

Hey guys. Understandably, I dislike rock and roll all night. I don't favor it. So I never really gave Kiss a chance beyond that song

I'm changing that today thouhgh.. And I'm listening to Destroyer, which is supposedly their best album.

I'm impressed so far, and just two tracks in :P

Good deal. I very much recommend listening to Alive, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over, and Love Gun. Alive is the better capsule of the poorly recorded first three albums and represent those songs in their truest form. Alive II covers the other albums I mention above, but I can't say that's the case there. I actually prefer the studio albums in that grouping because they're better produced than the first three.

If those four records don't work for you, turn around and walk away because nothing is likely to. (Unless you dig their heavier side: Creatures Of The Night, Carnival Of Souls, etc. Very, very different for Kiss)

Edited by Presto-digitation