Unless setlist.fm is wrong...

zappafrank

Well I thought they would have done one of the "one off" songs for special occasions that Neil mentioned in his latest entry on his site.

I figured what better place than your hometown on a 2 night stand to break out something special. If it didn't happen there, I don't see that happening anywhere

QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Oct 17 2012, 10:20 AM)
Well I thought they would have done one of the "one off" songs for special occasions that Neil mentioned in his latest entry on his site.
I figured what better place than your hometown on a 2 night stand to break out something special. If it didn't happen there, I don't see that happening anywhere

Unfortunately, they rarely make exceptions/variations of their setlists (outside of the alternating A/B standard). Theyre extremely static/stubborn that way.

I remember thinking theyd pull out something special for the R30 radio city shows. No dice. Frustrating they dont do that sort of thing.

Am I the only person glad I will get set B if the current rotation continues? Middletown is one of my favorite songs off of PW and it has been ignored ever since then, I will love to hear it and think it's miles better than The Body Electric.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Oct 17 2012, 10:44 AM)

Unfortunately, they rarely make exceptions/variations of their setlists (outside of the alternating A/B standard). Theyre extremely static/stubborn that way.

I remember thinking theyd pull out something special for the R30 radio city shows. No dice. Frustrating they dont do that sort of thing.

They're such perfectionists live though. They're not gonna play one off songs here and there unless they know they can pull them off flawlessly. I prefer the way Rush does their setlists. I like that every crowd gets the same show pretty much with the exception of the set A/B rotation, which really isn't that great of a difference at all.

Personally, I couldn't care less if they busted out some random song at this or that show if i'm not there. If it doesn't happen at my show why should I care at all? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Apollo @ Oct 17 2012, 11:17 AM)
Am I the only person glad I will get set B if the current rotation continues? Middletown is one of my favorite songs off of PW and it has been ignored ever since then, I will love to hear it and think it's miles better than The Body Electric.

No, you are not alone....

I absolutely adore The Body Electric and everything off of P/G.... But, I've stated a gazillion times how much Middletown Dreams is my favorite Rush song ever and I really would LOVE to witness it in person.

Last I checked (at the beginning of the tour), I'm scheduled to get a Night A show in Charlotte... Driving 5 hours from South Carolina to Atlanta in the middle of the week is an absolute no go for me.... So, it is what it is...

I can't possibly be mad at seeing ANY song that has not been played since the mid-80s since I missed that era the first time around.

I'm just slightly annoyed that they are rotating rarities... play both every night!

QUOTE (Gemari77 @ Oct 17 2012, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (Apollo @ Oct 17 2012, 11:17 AM)
Am I the only person glad I will get set B if the current rotation continues?  Middletown is one of my favorite songs off of PW and it has been ignored ever since then, I will love to hear it and think it's miles better than The Body Electric.

No, you are not alone....

I absolutely adore The Body Electric and everything off of P/G.... But, I've stated a gazillion times how much Middletown Dreams is my favorite Rush song ever and I really would LOVE to witness it in person.

Last I checked (at the beginning of the tour), I'm scheduled to get a Night A show in Charlotte... Driving 5 hours from South Carolina to Atlanta in the middle of the week is an absolute no go for me.... So, it is what it is...

I can't possibly be mad at seeing ANY song that has not been played since the mid-80s since I missed that era the first time around.

I'm just slightly annoyed that they are rotating rarities... play both every night!

I love Middletown dreams too. They played that along with The Pass and still played Territories which was incredible.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 17 2012, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Oct 17 2012, 10:44 AM)

They're such perfectionists live though. They're not gonna play one off songs here and there unless they know they can pull them off flawlessly. I prefer the way Rush does their setlists. I like that every crowd gets the same show pretty much with the exception of the set A/B rotation, which really isn't that great of a difference at all.

Personally, I couldn't care less if they busted out some random song at this or that show if i'm not there. If it doesn't happen at my show why should I care at all? confused13.gif

their perfectionism is the likely reason, yes

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Oct 17 2012, 06:44 AM)
Really?? Can we get confirmation this was the case? Hope so, cause that prob means I'll get A when I see them this Saturday and get to see Body Electric!

OMG!!! The anarchy!!!