Stubhub Tickets

Coltonz

So I impulsively decided to look for some tickets to the Montreal show, and I was wondering if Stubhub is a reliable website? They seem legit but the sellers themselves are a different story.. Theres a guy on there selling 3rd row tickets apparently, and while I am afraid of being ripped off I just want to go so badly!!

Anyone have any experience with stubhub? unsure.gif

I think StubHub is fairly reliable. I know a lot of people who get tickets in my area (NYC) for sporting events and the like. I think you have to treat it like ebay - for the most part it's legit but I guess there can always be bad seeds. If you think about it, it is to StubHub's advantage to accredit their sellers otherwise their site because irrelevant. Edited by dtpoet

Only used them a couple of times. As a matter of fact, the last time was a few hours before the last TO show.

They guarantee you get what you pay for. If you don't, they will try their best to get you same or better tickets, or you get your money back - it's that simple.

So yeah - worse case scenario is someone sells you bogus tickets and you end up not getting to go, but at least you still have your money. The 10% they take in fees goes to that "insurance".

But I haven't heard any horror stories. Despite the fact that I find the whole brokerage system distasteful, the reality is it exists; and sometimes it's that or nothing. When that happens it's nice to know you won't end up getting ripped off.

Normally I would never use any kind of unofficial method for getting tickets but.. I went for it. It was just too good an offer to pass up.

I actually already saw the first Toronto show the other night, which was AMAZING but I was surrounded by a bunch of casuals who sat for most of it.. I wanna be right in the zone with all the real fans with my spaz meter cranked up to 11!!! So hopefully this works out. If it doesn't I could probably go for some unsold cheap seats and be fine with it...

All I know is that sometimes, you have to be wary...

Stubhub is great and you can "shop with confidence" as they say. I will be using them again in the next couple of days for for the Brooklyn show, If wait until the last minute you may even pick up a bargain.

I got great seats for Roger Waters Wall show a couple of years ago for nearly $30 BELOW face value!

Yeah, good point Darth. Our seats, while not spectacular, were in the first loge section top row and we ended up paying face. Considering it was a last-minute decision to go, and already my 3rd show I have absolutely no complaints (well, besides the terrible sound, lackluster crowd... ;]).

Band was great though, and we could see everything (especially Ged and the strings) really well.

Agree with the "thumbs up" to Stubhub. Have used them twice for sporting events and everything was fine. I know others that use them and their stories are all okay also.

Stay away from Craigslist, that's for sure. Two pretty intelligent people I know got taken(in one case, it was Disneyland tix, another was for a play). These thieves did a terrific job with their stories to the point they even faxed over a photo of what looked like a real ticket for Disneyland and the play tickets came with a story by the guy that his wife was recently diagnosed with cancer. Tears and a medical name were included to the point it certainly sounded convincing. Some of these guys have their act down to Oscar worthy.

Yeah, I'll just chime in, too. I have used StubHub a number of times for buying and use them a lot for selling. I have had one problem in all the times, and StubHub made good on their guarantee.

If you're buying tickets to a sporting event or concert, and the tickets are not available via instant download (i.e. they holder of the tickets must send you the hard copy tickets), then StubHub has no idea if the tickets are legit or correct until you get them. The seller sends them via FedEx directly to you. If this is the way they're sent, StubHub requires enough time ahead of the event, so you can verify them. The time I had the problem, the seller was an idiot, and sent me four tickets that were not together. StubHub paid for me to send them back, found me four tickets that were comparable, then sent them to me immediately - all, at no additional cost to me, of course.

eBay owns StubHub (and PayPal and 25% of Craigslist) if you didn't know. Because many of the issues they have to work around are last-minute things, and because they take a healthy fee, their customer service is outstanding.

Well my tickets are downloadable apparently, but it says they won't be available for download till tomorrow..

*edit* sorry double post Edited by Coltonz

I've only had great experiences with Stubhub, and I've only heard good things from others.

However, because the shows aren't sold out, you can find seats below cost if you wait to scalp at the venue.

It works....but it's a pathetic set up to tell you the truth... I was selling some Rose Bowl tickets a few years back, and the person that bought them apparently sold them to another person before I sold them to him, He sent me the Fed Ex paperwork to ship the tickets to this person. As I found out, I sold them to the "broker" for face value plus my expenses (postage, handling, etc.) I ended up making $5.00 on them...this person made about $20 per ticket. (I did a little meddling around on the site)

I don't agree with the ability to sell tickets at more than face value, in any capacity, and sites like Stub Hub facilitates this practice!

Edited by Jaminbenb

QUOTE (Coltonz @ Oct 16 2012, 01:54 PM)
Well my tickets are downloadable apparently, but it says they won't be available for download till tomorrow..

I too have used StubHub and haven't had an issue.

Although for the tickets I picked up last week for the Philly show, I had the same issue as you are having now. They were not available to download until a day after I completed the transaction.

When the day came to download the tickets, they still were not available. I promptly called StubHub and within a few minutes I was sent an email with the tickets.

It worked out well and their customer service was very helpful.

Enjoy the show!!!

2.gif

Okay! I printed my ticket. I really hope this is legit. Maybe I'm just paranoid

You'll be fine. I got a pair of tix for Toronto when I found out I could go. Paid a few bucks more than VIP and I knew where I was sitting. I had a few questions and called their Customer Service line - I'm pleased to report that was excellent. I'm a stickler for good customer service so if I say it's good, you better believe it is.

I will definitely go through them again.