Toronto Day 1

Running Rebel

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Oct 15 2012, 06:40 AM)
As expected the CA, The Anarchist and Carnies trifecta was amazing. Halo Effect was probably the most improved track of the bunch, it was brilliant. As for The Garden...off the charts!

Loved the show and the setlist.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 15 2012, 06:20 AM)
IMO, the setlist kept this from being a great concert... Just too many tunes that aren't among my favorites.

beathorse.gif

So no filming took place then?

A rumor is just a rumor

It made sense to me when I originally read it - 2 nights, hometown show, day off in between, the band is playing exceptionally well and most importantly Geddy is sounding great.

I hate that they film towards the end with Geddy's voice is blown

Oh well

I'm glad that you enjoyed the show. Saw in Chicago - it was great. Not my ideal setlist, but was just happy to NOT see the same old songs again

I had a blast! I just wish I hadn't been surrounded by middle-age casual fans... I was the only one in my little sector who stood for the whole thing. My spaz meter was on eleven!

What a show!!! 2.gif

I loved it, the setlist was fantastic, my buddy and I were surprised at how well it flowed in a concert setting. A lot of the older 80's gems surprised me at how good they sounded live. I was not expecting Territories to be that HEAVY, and the solo from Analog Kid blew me away. Alex lit the crowd up with that one!!

Neil was Neil, solid and on form the whole night. I enjoyed the nice touch of his kit rotating MID-SONG during Clockwork Angels, which I felt came across really well live, as did most of the new album material. The crowd was fairly into it, particularly Headlong Flight and the end of Carnies.

Geddy sounded fantastic this time around, much better than the last time I saw the band in 2011 in Hamilton. There were times I felt the mix buried his bass a bit, but for the most part it was LOUD and clear and you could hear everything. Also, not much I can say about the orchestra other than, they ROCKED!! They really added a lot to the songs they played on.

Great show. Can't wait to see them again for Rush show number 6 in the future!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Oct 15 2012, 07:45 AM)
A rumor is just a rumor
It made sense to me when I originally read it - 2 nights, hometown show, day off in between, the band is playing exceptionally well and most importantly Geddy is sounding great.

Geddy sounds so good this time around because he discovered that his diet was causing problems with his voice. They/he tweaked things a lot before the tour and IMO, he sounds better than he has in the last 3 tours.

I was pleasantly surprised at the nice response just after the introduction of "The Garden" (i.e. Geddy introducing it). New songs usually don't get that sort of reaction prior to even being played. The new "The Pass", "Bravado" etc. has arrived.

Great show last night! All 3 of the guys were on top form. Geddy's vocals in particular were very strong. Met the lovely MCM who was sat beside L3ander and myself ( how many times did I have to raise my fingers to my mouth MCM? )

On way for a few days out with Godeater2112 before hitting Montreal for the show. See you all at Ziggys before that one!

2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Oct 15 2012, 10:51 AM)
A rumor is just a rumor

Geddy sounds so good this time around because he discovered that his diet was causing problems with his voice. They/he tweaked things a lot before the tour and IMO, he sounds better than he has in the last 3 tours.

So are you hearing anything about filming anything on this leg or is this something that will be done down the line?

I was hoping for Toronto - 2 night stand - full set list

A rumor is just a rumor

I was there last night and yes, agree Geddy sounded spot on for most of the night. What did they change in his diet by the way?

A rumor is just a rumor

Interesting. Can you elaborate? Less dairy?

QUOTE (elvtnedge @ Oct 15 2012, 09:23 AM)
If I must be picky I gotta say that there were more mistakes made last night then I've ever heard before.

Didn't notice any mistakes (i.e., human error) really worth mentioning. However on a technical note, Alex's guitar did cut out for a few noticeable seconds during Tom Sawyer, and he shot his roadie(s) a "WTF??!!" kinda look before it cut back in.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Oct 15 2012, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 15 2012, 06:20 AM)
IMO, the setlist kept this from being a great concert... Just too many tunes that aren't among my favorites.

Agreed. The first half had a few duds. Not my ideal setlist, but a great show none the less!

Didn't see this show, saw one a couple weeks back.

While I was excited to see such a radical departure for the setlist, especially the crazy deep dive into the synth era... there were certainly a couple tracks in there that weren't my favorite and kind of made me go "RILLY?".

Big Money we've heard soooo many times and frankly it doesn't translate that well live. Far Cry was well... awkwardly out of place and "Where's my Thing?" well the sheer hilarity of it all didn't really come across at the Winnipeg show... and to be honest, that is maybe the worst song in their catalog when translated to a live show. Even back on Roll the Bones tour it was pretty bad and personally I was very happy when "Leave the Thing Alone" rolled off the next album, because that instrumental is AMAZING live.

So yeah that would be my nit-picks. We kind ovf expected so much new material and I was surprised exactly how well it is live... everything else was amazing, at least to the non-casual-would-like-to-hear-Rush's-greatest-hits sort of fans. I expect that is the PLAN for next tour though!