Lasers

losingit2k

Are you missing the lasers on this tour?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you missing the lasers on this tour?

• Yes
    • No

I know the pyro are awesome, but there are three songs on this tour that were always associated with lasers in the 80's? Dreamline, Red Sector A, and to a lesser extent YYZ. Are you missing the lasers on this tour. I think it would have been a nice addition to this tour since they are kinda celebrating their 80's stuff?

Any thoughts on this.

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 14 2012, 01:23 PM)
Considering Montreal allows for just over 0 pyro, I'm missing the lasers that I have never seen.

Oh dude, that's sad. Go see them in the States if you can! No Pyro, No Lasers that blows! Sorry to hear!

rage.gif

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Oct 14 2012, 01:30 PM)
nah...they were over used in the 80's and 90's so not really....

I think light and visual shows have come a LONG way since then.

oh I agree That lights and Pyro have come a long way. I meant in more as a nostalgic factor.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 14 2012, 02:34 PM)
Considering Montreal allows for just over 0 pyro, I'm missing the lasers that I have never seen.

Oh dude, that's sad. Go see them in the States if you can! No Pyro, No Lasers that blows! Sorry to hear!

rage.gif

I got to see them in Toronto in 2010 and it was awesome to see the flamethrowers during Caravan when Geddy sang "a long trail of flares". I was so disappointed when there was only a firecracker during Presto when they came to Montreal the following year.

As for travelling, for the most part circumstances don't allow it. I got lucky in 2010 where everything seemed to line up.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 14 2012, 01:38 PM)

rage.gif

I got to see them in Toronto in 2010 and it was awesome to see the flamethrowers during Caravan when Geddy sang "a long trail of flares". I was so disappointed when there was only a firecracker during Presto when they came to Montreal the following year.

As for travelling, for the most part circumstances don't allow it. I got lucky in 2010 where everything seemed to line up.

Sorry to hear man. Just like Floyd, visuals are such a big part of their show, since they are so busy on stage, that any reduction of it surely diminishes the appreciation of the production as a whole. I hope things line up once again for you during this tour. If not there's always R40....I hope!

hug2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (default236 @ Oct 14 2012, 04:50 PM)
Nothing SCREAMS Dreamline like lasers.

I agree, as does Red Sector A back in the day! The newer fans haven't been able to witness that, but then, They have been treated to the pyro on Far Cry, 2112 and now Carnies which we didn't.

All is for the best!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 14 2012, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 14 2012, 01:38 PM)

rage.gif

Sorry to hear man. Just like Floyd, visuals are such a big part of their show, since they are so busy on stage, that any reduction of it surely diminishes the appreciation of the production as a whole. I hope things line up once again for you during this tour. If not there's always R40....I hope!

hug2.gif

Pyro didn't make the experience much different for me during the TM tour considering they only use it on a handful of songs. The shows are still amazing, but hopefully I'll be able to plan another mini vacation around a show some time in the future.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Oct 14 2012, 01:30 PM)
nah...they were over used in the 80's and 90's so not really....

I think light and visual shows have come a LONG way since then.

Funny that yall are talking about this... I was watching a Rush boot from the Grace Under Pressure tour just a couple of days ago...

They played The Body Electric and the lasers would start up during the chorus... The crowd would go NUTS each time the lasers showed up! I can imagine how new and excited it must have been for them during that era...

I will say, when I saw Rush from the front row of the R30 tour, I thought the lasers were absolutley stunning... being that close, I almost felt like I could reach up and touch them. No video footage could give it justice.

I do, in fact, miss them. The show was great, and the light show spectacular. But some part of me loved those lights - I actually "see" the lasers every time I hear the opening of Dreamline or the synth part of YYZ.

Having said that. my friend went to a show with me in 2007 and when the lasers came out for YYZ, he said something like "it's the 80s again". Maybe for that reason the lasers should have been used, seeing hoe much of the 80s' stuff was played. But Rush likes to shake things up, and the light show was so fantastic that I can't really fault them.

QUOTE (Middletown Dreamer @ Oct 15 2012, 08:50 AM)
I thought the lights simulating driving rain during "The Wreckers" were very cool.

IMO, it was one of the best moments of the Show..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Pyro is definitely allowed at the Bell Centre in Montreal. I'm pretty sure I saw pyro when I saw the Time Machine show there in 2011, as well as Iron Maiden this past July, and Judas Priest last November.

I just went to the Toronto show on Sunday. I missed all of Caravan because I was having a smoke, had to pee, and then was waiting in a bit of a line for beer, so I missed that pyro. But I remember it when I saw it in Montreal in 2011 for that song. The only other songs I definitely remember pyro was on Carnies and a song in the 1st set, but I don't remember what song.

I will be at the Montreal show on Thursday!! can't wait!!

Edited by BloodofTheZodiac

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 16 2012, 09:45 AM)
I thought the lights simulating driving rain during "The Wreckers" were very cool.

yeah! I've seen a video of that it was pretty damn cool!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 16 2012, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 16 2012, 09:45 AM)

yeah! I've seen a video of that it was pretty damn cool!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

From the fourth row and from the fourth-to-last row, it was friggin' amazing. Loved it. 1022.gif 1022.gif

I could care less about lasers, explosions, pyrotechnics...

I dream of a day when Rush does a small hall tour. A special treat for the fans. Stripped down and intimate.

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 16 2012, 01:00 PM)
I could care less about lasers, explosions, pyrotechnics...

I dream of a day when Rush does a small hall tour. A special treat for the fans. Stripped down and intimate.

I suggest you watch the "Limelight" scene in "I Love You, Man". That's as close as you are going to get to a small hall with RUSH.

wink.gif