Short review of Philly.

Jaminbenb

I went to the Philly show as well- my 10th Rush show, and I thought it was fantastic. The Boys never cease to deliver an amazing show. They were tight, Geddy sounded great, and the strings were a very cool addition (I was somewhat skeptical...). They especially sounded awesome on "Red Sector A". I've always thought that the guitar part on that song really kicks ass live, with the distortion as opposed to all clean like the recording.

The only other thing to say is that I don't get all of the bitching about the setlist. They played some cool songs that we haven't heard in a while, and there was some old stuff towards the end- what more do you want? Quit bitching and just enjoy it. There may not be too many more chances to see them.

QUOTE (Middletown Dreamer @ Oct 15 2012, 08:42 AM)
I went to the Philly show as well- my 10th Rush show, and I thought it was fantastic. The Boys never cease to deliver an amazing show. They were tight, Geddy sounded great, and the strings were a very cool addition (I was somewhat skeptical...). They especially sounded awesome on "Red Sector A". I've always thought that the guitar part on that song really kicks ass live, with the distortion as opposed to all clean like the recording.

The only other thing to say is that I don't get all of the bitching about the setlist. They played some cool songs that we haven't heard in a while, and there was some old stuff towards the end- what more do you want? Quit bitching and just enjoy it. There may not be too many more chances to see them.

goodpost.gif

My thoughts exactly!

I agree with most of the sentiments here, but have two things to say:

1. The sound in Philly was a lot better than Bridgeport.

2. The night B setlist had Dreamline. While many here don't want it, the reaction from the fans was 10 times better to dreamline than to Manhattan Project. Of course, I love Man Proj much better, but the audience sure didn't.

I was in Club Box 3. Great seats, great acoustics. Loved every minute of it. My last show was in Camden at Susquehanna Bank Ctr for the Time Machine tour. I have some older albums to buy! I'm not as long a dedicated fan as most people there, so I couldn't sing along, only appreciate - until it got to the Clockwork Angels set which I knew them all.

Can't wait for the next one!