Short review of Philly.

Jaminbenb

The Lerxt man wen to da Philly show and thought it was magnifico. Everything thats had to be said has been said. It was a fantatsic show, these guys do it right. And alllll those little hands in the air during Spirit of Radio... warms Lerxt's heart. smile.gif

VIVA RUSH!

I was worried the sound in the arena would be shitty but I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could hear pretty much everything clearly. The new songs were awesome live and I love when they put a drum solo in the middle of a song and then come back and finish the song after the solo (i.e., as they did in Where's My Thing?). Another great show. Can't wait for the next tour.

Only part I didn't like was in Analog Kid when Geddy changed "baseball cap" to "Phillies Cap." As a Mets fan that made my skin crawl for second. wink.gif

Edited by heartofcygnus

The show was stellar last night! Even where I was sitting last night was incredible(Section 213)! I just don't know whether its the bad acoustics up there or just me, but Ged's voice seemed higher when I didn't have my earplugs in, but when they were in, it sounded perfect. I was also wondering about how people were saying the strings weren't prevalent in the mix and how that would factor into last night. They were mixed in quite well! I would really like to go to the Prudential center show, or maybe if they come back in 2013 to the Tri State area I'll go then. I think this was the best concert I have seen this year. Yes... In my opinion, it was better then the Wall (Musically at least, but visually, they're both tied).

Show in Philiy was great. Sound was good overall. Couldn't hear Neil's hi hat or ride cymbal the entire night. Bass got way boomy at times. The strings were great. Blended so well with the band. Great idea to bring out a string section. Loved all the power windows songs. The Pass was a high light for me. The new material was stellar live. Headlong Flight just killed. The Anarchist was the best. Killer visuals. Lighting was outstanding. I think I had 7 strokes that night. It was such a great night. Looking forward to their next endeavor.

Grand Designs, Territories, and The Pass made my year...

and Headlong Flight was all I was hoping live and more

Thanks for the reviews, folks. Glad you made it shail. Good job!

It sounds like a fantastic show!

smile.gif

QUOTE (heartofcygnus @ Oct 13 2012, 11:07 AM)
I was worried the sound in the arena would be shitty but I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could hear pretty much everything clearly. The new songs were awesome live and I love when they put a drum solo in the middle of a song and then come back and finish the song after the solo (i.e., as they did in Where's My Thing?). Another great show. Can't wait for the next tour.

Only part I didn't like was in Analog Kid when Geddy changed "baseball cap" to "Phillies Cap." As a Mets fan that made my skin crawl for second. wink.gif

Your lucky we let you in the arena smile.gif

only had to hit the crapper once. good thing the bathroom was close or i would have had to dip into the extra undies. took imodium soon as i got to the venue and all was good.

the little drum break in headlong flight was very cool. he triggered the guitar and bass riffs from the song and played along to it. it was driving and powerful they way Neil played the solo. He kept the energy going for like 16 bars then bam Alex and Geddy came back in. Loved that part.

Absolutely outstanding show. The PW material was my favorite part, as well as the CA set. I can't believe how long they played and how comprehensive their set was.

Literally, NO other band who's been around as long as them have put out the best album of their career 38 years in, and NO other band as old as them in history has played their entire new album in concert. Most bands their age do one or two songs and then rely on their hits to sell the show. I really admire Rush for doing what they did this tour.

My only gripe is that we got the B setlist, as I would've preferred Manhattan Project, Seven Cities, and The Body Electric, but I still loved the songs they did instead.

Edited by GrandDesigner

QUOTE (heartofcygnus @ Oct 13 2012, 10:07 AM)

To the contrary, that was one of the most invigorating impromptu lines ever. This, from a Phillies Fan.

Well, that's what I get for typing so early. I was typing my short review, and almost done, when my stupid fingers hit the keyboard and bloop, all gone. So I'll try again.

Wow (is how I started).. it was my 23rd Rush show, dating back to the Signals tour. It was my wife's first biggrin.gif I was so happy to bring her, and have her share with my what I have been loving and enjoying practically my whole adult life. And she came willingly wub.gif

When Subdivisons hit, it packed an emotional punch. It was so good to see our boys up there on stage.. seeing our old "friends", one more time. Rush shows have always had an emotional moment or 3 these last few tours, and this was no different. I loved how they opened with Subdivisions.. and not too long into it, I felt a tear seemingly come out of nowhere run down my left cheek. Of course it came from my eye- ha- but I never felt it forming. It was just the sheer joy and bliss that I was feeling seeing them nail Subdivisions to open the show.

It was definitely an 80s first half, and I was enjoying the hell out of it. Never once did I feel, heeeyy where's the 70's? Grand Designs... Middletown Dreams? Right on! My wonderful surprise moment of the first half was Where's My Thing? Loved that they played that, with one of Neil's friggin awesome solos. Did he really do 3 solos? laugh.gif Hell Yeah! 1022.gif

Absolutely loved the CA part of the show, with the amazing string ensemble. Those lovely folks were rockin and playing the hell out of those strings. My CA highlight was The Anarchist. Noted with pleasure how Alex played the piano break in The Garden.

I told my wife they were going to play her favorite song, and sure enough they opened the encore with TS. She enjoyed the show, but with her medical issues she got overloaded more than anticipated with the lightshow, and had to sit a lot. Everyone stood the entire show, but she did get to watch the screens between heads for most of that time though, and I sat with her for a few songs.

The screens.. the light show.. the fire! Alex's new 3 cool ass magical orbs replacing his H&K cabinets... Geddy's popcorn maker- laugh.gif Friggin top notch presentation. The band was supurb and tight. Geddy's vocals were spot on and perfect. Alex had a breakdown during YYZ, but it wasn't too long and got fixed just in time for his solo cool.gif The films were funny. Weird and funny, man. Good stuff.

I see now that by getting the B setlist, we missed Bravado. I love you, man! I'm glad we got WTW, but would have loved SSOG.

Overall, Philly was treated to an A+ show. I know it's almost cliche at this point, but they just seem to keep getting better and better with every passing tour. The band seemed to be having fun. Everyone was in a good mood, and polite. My wife noted how many children were in attendance. We saw so many dads and their young sons walking through the parking lot as we tailgated. Wives and girlfriends. In many ways, it was a real family affair, this show. smile.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Oct 13 2012, 01:01 PM)

I hear you. Those songs were highlights for me along with the songs off of Clockwork.

Can't wait to see them in Newark!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (byoungjr @ Oct 14 2012, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Oct 13 2012, 01:01 PM)

I hear you. Those songs were highlights for me along with the songs off of Clockwork.

Can't wait to see them in Newark!!!

2.gif

me too, cant wait

The More I think about it, the more I realize that this tour is a gift, this setlist is a gift and Clockwork Angels is a gift. Regardless on why they decided to play their 80's stuff on this tour, you need to realize that it never had to happen. I don't think its because Geddy can't sing the older stuff. I feel they just wanted to change things up. But lets just entertain that the voice was the reason. If Geddy couldn't sings the older 70's stuff they could have just annouced it and retired. Someone had to step forward and stated that they had all these other great songs they could still do and that they should move forward in the best way they could and believe me, Clockwork Angels is a great way to move forward. Its a given that they can't do this forever. Sooner or later it will all come to an end. I for one am very glad that it didn't happen after the Time Machine Tour. I truly hope that the reception they have received for Clockwork Angels will encourage them to break even more ground and provide us with another Masterful gift like Clockwork Angels.

Bravo 2.gif for having the courage and balls to always do the unexpected, regardless of the outcome. You guys have always been true to yourselves and in turn to your fans.

I for one, am looking forward towards your next endeavour, what ever that may be.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 14 2012, 02:06 PM)
The More I think about it, the more I realize that this tour is a gift, this setlist is a gift and Clockwork Angels is a gift. Regardless on why they decided to play their 80's stuff on this tour, you need to realize that it never had to happen. I don't think its because Geddy can't sing the older stuff. I feel they just wanted to change things up. But lets just entertain that the voice was the reason. If Geddy couldn't sings the older 70's stuff they could have just annouced it and retired. Someone had to step forward and stated that they had all these other great songs they could still do and that they should move forward in the best way they could and believe me, Clockwork Angels is a great way to move forward. Its a given that they can't do this forever. Sooner or later it will all come to an end. I for one am very glad that it didn't happen after the Time Machine Tour. I truly hope that the reception they have received for Clockwork Angels will encourage them to break even more ground and provide us with another Masterful gift like Clockwork Angels.

Bravo 2.gif for having the courage and balls to always do the unexpected, regardless of the outcome. You guys have always been true to yourselves and in turn to your fans.

I for one, am looking forward towards your next endeavour, what ever that may be.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

It's all a gift and it keeps on giving.

Attended the Philly show with my dad and brother. It was our first time seeing a show at the Wells Fargo Center so we were pretty amped up. We are all Philly sports fans and die hard Rush fans so it was like the best of both worlds.

Upon getting into the venue, my dad and brother purchased shirts and gear, I found the closest bar. A three hour drive through horrible traffic doesn't do my stress levels any good. We then headed for our seats, which were in Club Box 114. When we first bought these tickets we were a bit apprehensive about how far away the stage would look. To say the least, we were wrong. It was a fabulous view of the entire stage, and everything that went on. Hell, I could watch Peart's feet working the hi-hat and the bass. Not only that, the accommodations in that section are second to none. Bathroom, bar, food: 10 steps away. My brother and I had food and drinks delivered to our seats! It was f***ing awesome. Most of our section stood throughout the entire show, including us. There were some people behind us who sat but never asked us to sit or complained that we were standing.

Rush was fantastic as always and I personally loved the setlist. I was relieved to see Alex get sound back during YYZ just before the start of his guitar solo. That was almost catastrophic. Hearing The Pass, Middletown Dreams and Red Sector A were oldie highlights for me. My brother almost went nuclear when they broke into Force 10. That's been a favorite of his since he was about eight. Clockwork Angels is a masterpiece and my dad called "Headlong Flight" the best song of the show. That statement carries a lot of weight with me since my dad saw Rush for the first time at the forum in Harrisburg during the Fly By Night tour. He's a day 1 fan that has seen and heard it all. To say the least, we all had a blast. Afterwards, we hit Pat's for a cheese steak and then home.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Oct 15 2012, 12:45 AM)
Attended the Philly show with my dad and brother. It was our first time seeing a show at the Wells Fargo Center so we were pretty amped up. We are all Philly sports fans and die hard Rush fans so it was like the best of both worlds.

Upon getting into the venue, my dad and brother purchased shirts and gear, I found the closest bar. A three hour drive through horrible traffic doesn't do my stress levels any good. We then headed for our seats, which were in Club Box 114. When we first bought these tickets we were a bit apprehensive about how far away the stage would look. To say the least, we were wrong. It was a fabulous view of the entire stage, and everything that went on. Hell, I could watch Peart's feet working the hi-hat and the bass. Not only that, the accommodations in that section are second to none. Bathroom, bar, food: 10 steps away. My brother and I had food and drinks delivered to our seats! It was f***ing awesome. Most of our section stood throughout the entire show, including us. There were some people behind us who sat but never asked us to sit or complained that we were standing.

Rush was fantastic as always and I personally loved the setlist. I was relieved to see Alex get sound back during YYZ just before the start of his guitar solo. That was almost catastrophic. Hearing The Pass, Middletown Dreams and Red Sector A were oldie highlights for me. My brother almost went nuclear when they broke into Force 10. That's been a favorite of his since he was about eight. Clockwork Angels is a masterpiece and my dad called "Headlong Flight" the best song of the show. That statement carries a lot of weight with me since my dad saw Rush for the first time at the forum in Harrisburg during the Fly By Night tour. He's a day 1 fan that has seen and heard it all. To say the least, we all had a blast. Afterwards, we hit Pat's for a cheese steak and then home.

HAH! We were in the same box! That was some great stuff! Nothing like sitting in my seat, watching Rush with a string section, drinking a glass of wine! Just one of those things that will sit in my mind for a long time, as: "This is the freaking LIFE!" rofl3.gif 653.gif 1022.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif icon_alienjig.gif