Neil gave my wife his used drumsticks

No1RushFan

2.gif

If any of you have read any of my other posts, I often mentioned that I bought VIP tickets, so I did not know where we'd be sitting for tonite's show.

I am convinced I was the first person to complete my transaction when they went on sale.

Section 2, Row 1, Seats 11-14. Front and center - literally.

Amazing. True 2.gif fans know that words can't describe the experience, so I won't.

Most amazing, besides constant eye contact with Alex and Geddy and amazing front row pics that I'll post tomorrow was what happened before the encore.

Feeling totally spent and totally satisfied, with non-stop jumping and singing and yelling, a roadie walked over to my [hot Filipina] wife and said "Neil asked me to give these to you". The sticks he used all night!

When I ran my hand over them and saw how beat up they were, I friggin' almost passed out ... and my wife was - and still is - speechless.

Will post pics of his beautifully used drumsticks tomorrow.

OMFG!

Montreal in 6 nights! with wife and 10 yo daughter.

QUOTE (No1RushFan @ Oct 12 2012, 10:53 PM)
2.gif

If any of you have read any of my other posts, I often mentioned that I bought VIP tickets, so I did not know where we'd be sitting for tonite's show.

I am convinced I was the first person to complete my transaction when they went on sale.

Amazing. True 2.gif fans know that words can't describe the experience, so I won't.

Most amazing, besides constant eye contact with Alex and Geddy and amazing front row pics that I'll post tomorrow was what happened before the encore.

Feeling totally spent and totally satisfied, with non-stop jumping and singing and yelling, a roadie walked over to my [hot Filipina] wife and said "Neil asked me to give these to you". The sticks he used all night!

When I ran my hand over them and saw how beat up they were, I friggin' almost passed out ... and my wife was - and still is - speechless.

OMFG!

Woah, great story!! You wife is really lucky, looking forward to those pics you promised!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Oct 13 2012, 01:47 AM)
What are you going to do with them? Put them in a frame?

I would build the biggest, hugest, most bodacious shrine, right in my living room, and have those sticks on top, bathed in spotlights ...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whoa, that is sweet. I was at the show as well, and I've gotta say this was the best I have seen Neil play...his drum rolls and fills were just so clean and perfectly executed. This is not just standard post-show talk either...

AWESOME!!!!!

Glad you had a front and center experience!

And the sticks are pretty cool to boot!

2.gif

Thank you all.

Am uploading the pics to my Laptop now.

What differentiates Neil's actual drumsticks from those you can buy, are the appearance of his initials on the band.

I just checked my sticks from the Time Machine tour, which I purchased online, and they do not display Neil's initials.

What will I do with them - Shadowbox them with our tix and laminated passes, and tho' most of my signed 2.gif memorabilia is in the family room, these might just have to be enshrined in the living room, as suggested 653.gif .

This forum is the only online community where I truly feel at home.

2.gif

Edited by No1RushFan

Great story, thanks for sharing!

I was front row for a show on The Time Machine Tour so I know excatly what you mean.

Right as the first half of the show was ending, Alex walked up right in front of me and tossed me his pick.

Then, during the first song after the intermission, Neils's assistant tapped me on the shoulder and handed me his sticks.

Yep, they were quite beat up to say the least.

I had the opporunity to attend the meet and greet before the show.

This was a truly amazing day...the "Magic Show" to say the least.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee378/ReGorLaTroy/100_2706.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee378/ReGorLaTroy/DSC0013.jpg

QUOTE (No1RushFan @ Oct 13 2012, 01:53 PM)
2.gif

OMFG!

Cool man. Let's see your front row pics and some of your hot Filipina wife. Masarap! tongue.gif