Sucks being a 90s kid

AddictedRushian

My first 4 concerts were all KISS - 1st was 1978. I was 9 and out of my mind then. Not my scene anymore.

Ive seen at least 40 other shows since. I was draged to see U2 in 1983 at the Tower theater in Philly. I didnt want to go. I walked out of there a beleiver! Its now folklore but what a great show!

My older brother saw RUSH open for Robin Trower and ran out to buy their newest album "A farewell to Kings".

My first RUSH show was Signals tour and spent alot of the night wishing...Geddy would scream again, They had long hair again, they would play Cygnus X-1.... But now my son (13) is blown away that I saw Countdown and The weapon Live.

He saw this years tour and the time machine tour too, and loves that he saw C.A. played live.

"Going on means Going Far.

Going far means returning."

QUOTE (PocketfullofSilver @ Oct 14 2012, 07:55 AM)
Could be worse, my first concert ever in 1984 was Men At Work. Ive gotten better taste in music since then.

Men at Work were actually a very talented group of musicians and Colin Hay is a brilliant songwriter.

That first concert of yours is nothing to be ashamed of.

They didn't get to be that famous by accident.

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 05:06 PM)
So Sunday will be my first concert ever! I have never been so pumped for anything in my whole life! Still being in high school, this may possibly be one of few really good concerts I'll ever go to as we all know there is no band like Rush, and assuming Rush tours maybe 1 or 2 more times. Everyones talking about seeing them for the 20th time, 50th time, or even 100th time, and let me tell you guys, you are very lucky to have been there since the beginning or even a little later. Cherish it and look back on it. Some of us may never get to see them on tour again. Us teens have it really bad but I'm still really grateful to see them on Sunday. I just hope those who have seen them numerous times are grateful and thankful for being born in a time where seeing them since earlier albums was possible.

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Yeah, when I was a kid we had to get up and turn the knob on the tv to change the channels and we only had three stations. wink.gif

Also, no internet, no cell phones, no computers but we got to see Rush so it was worth it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Oct 18 2012, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (PocketfullofSilver @ Oct 14 2012, 07:55 AM)
Could be worse, my first concert ever in 1984 was Men At Work.  Ive gotten better taste in music since then.

Men at Work were actually a very talented group of musicians and Colin Hay is a brilliant songwriter.

That first concert of yours is nothing to be ashamed of.

They didn't get to be that famous by accident.

My first concert was Loverboy. It was actually a pretty good show.

No regrets!!!

At least you still have the chance to see them! You're going to love it. I'd have to count ticket stubs to tell you how many times I've seen them, but still missed the early shows. Started with MP. Missed some 80's show's too.

Just enjoy the blessing that is seeing the best live band ever, and one of the best studio bands too.

Just remember, you're envied by us old timers who will never see them for the first time again.

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 05:06 PM)
So Sunday will be my first concert ever! I have never been so pumped for anything in my whole life! Still being in high school, this may possibly be one of few really good concerts I'll ever go to as we all know there is no band like Rush, and assuming Rush tours maybe 1 or 2 more times. Everyones talking about seeing them for the 20th time, 50th time, or even 100th time, and let me tell you guys, you are very lucky to have been there since the beginning or even a little later. Cherish it and look back on it. Some of us may never get to see them on tour again. Us teens have it really bad but I'm still really grateful to see them on Sunday. I just hope those who have seen them numerous times are grateful and thankful for being born in a time where seeing them since earlier albums was possible.

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Oh common! Look at the cup half full! I'm a 90's kid to! There are so many great bands still here and even fresh and new. Radiohead, the flaming lips, Wilco, Pearl jam just to name a few! These bands all still put on great concerts. And ok, ok I'll be the first to admit it... I've seen just 2 rush concerts, and neither of them were even close to the best concert I've seen. It's so... Far away... It's like they just play each city the same way! I saw Eddie vedder in a theater about a year back and it was so intimate. It was like there was no difference between him and they crowd. You could feel the raw emotions coming from him. Now that was just him and a ukulele and a guitar sometimes, but it was easily the best concert ive ever been to! You have to just listen. Rush is great but there's so many other bands to check out. Now to quote a Wilco song; You have to open up your mind! trink39.gif