Sucks being a 90s kid

AddictedRushian

So Sunday will be my first concert ever! I have never been so pumped for anything in my whole life! Still being in high school, this may possibly be one of few really good concerts I'll ever go to as we all know there is no band like Rush, and assuming Rush tours maybe 1 or 2 more times. Everyones talking about seeing them for the 20th time, 50th time, or even 100th time, and let me tell you guys, you are very lucky to have been there since the beginning or even a little later. Cherish it and look back on it. Some of us may never get to see them on tour again. Us teens have it really bad but I'm still really grateful to see them on Sunday. I just hope those who have seen them numerous times are grateful and thankful for being born in a time where seeing them since earlier albums was possible.

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Oct 12 2012, 05:13 PM)
Rock on buddy! My first Rush show was the August after I graduated high school (07, I'm still a baby too!)- talk about a present! Hope they stick around for a while so you can rock more. 2.gif

Same here. Graduated in 2007 and my first show was the July afterward. trink39.gif

I know how you feel.... I was born in '93 and Sunday's show will be my 2nd Rush concert.

But I still consider myself lucky that I'll have seen them at least twice in my life. Imagine if we were born even later! Now that would REALLY suck!

First concert hey? Same here. No doubt you are going to have the time of your life.

At least you are only a 90's kid going to his first Rush concert.

I'm a 70's kid and going to my first Rush concert in november lol.

Consider yourself lucky, I've been a fan since 1977 and this will only be my ninth Rush show!!

Congrats! My first show was Moving Pictures and I still wish I would have been able to see them in the 70's. I'm gratefull for what I've gotten though and I really like the 80's stuff too so this setlist was great to hear. Only wish we would've had smart phones in 1981. 2.gif

Have Fun!! 653.gif

Same here! Still in high school. I've seen Rush once before this tour and it is still number one in the concerts I've been to. Have fun!

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 05:06 PM)
So Sunday will be my first concert ever! I have never been so pumped for anything in my whole life! Still being in high school, this may possibly be one of few really good concerts I'll ever go to as we all know there is no band like Rush, and assuming Rush tours maybe 1 or 2 more times. Everyones talking about seeing them for the 20th time, 50th time, or even 100th time, and let me tell you guys, you are very lucky to have been there since the beginning or even a little later. Cherish it and look back on it. Some of us may never get to see them on tour again. Us teens have it really bad but I'm still really grateful to see them on Sunday. I just hope those who have seen them numerous times are grateful and thankful for being born in a time where seeing them since earlier albums was possible.

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

You are 100% CORRECT sir! It has truly been a blessing to have RUSH in my life since my teens and I'm 46 now. RUSH has been the soundtrack to my life. Every major event, every girlfriend, the birth of my children, their first RUSH concert, you name it has had some RUSH album or song attached to it. It truly magnificent and Yes I'm very, VERY grateful for this band. I hope you have the best experience of your life and don't worry R40 is right around the corner.

You just have to believe!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Still being in high school, this may possibly be one of few really good concerts I'll ever go to as we all know there is no band like Rush, and assuming Rush tours maybe 1 or 2 more times.

dude, your whole musical life is before you and it seems you are writing it off without giving it a chance.

yeah, rush is great and i guess i fit into the lucky category here but there is so much great music being made now that you can take advantage of with a little effort.

IMO youth should not overly fixate on what could be considered their parents music and instead find new music that freaks your parents out.

drop down in MOTS and check out some new groups.

oh yeah, and have a great time at the show! 2.gif

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 11:06 PM)

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Enjoy it! Great to read about Rush fans your age.

And be lucky to live where you do. If you had grown up in the 80s and 90s in Europe, you would have had the chance to see Rush twice between 1984 and 1996 ...

I was born in the 70s and CA tour will be my 6th show. Hope there will be more ....

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 06:06 PM)

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I feel your pain!!! Last night was my first RUSH concert ever! I was born in 96' so I fall into the ball park. It was absolutely incredible! They played all of my favorites that I never expected to be played on the tour, and it was fantastic. I'm hoping they either do another leg of the tour in N.A. and/or have another tour so I can see them at least one more time. I had one guy who was sitting next to me who had been to 33 concerts and then another behind me who had been to 20. I missed the prime year to be born a rush fan by about 20-30 years. Oh well, at least their live catalog has been pretty well archived so people like us can go back and "experience" what it was like back then! 1022.gif

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 12 2012, 06:06 PM)

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Look at it this way. You are fortunate to be seeing them. They could be long gone by now. 5 years or so from now some kid will discover Rush and all its majesty and will lament the fact he or she will never get a chance to see the band live.

Have an awesome time and love every minute of it! 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (AddictedRushian @ Oct 13 2012, 11:06 AM)
Some of us may never get to see them on tour again.  Us teens have it really bad but I'm still really grateful to see them on Sunday.  I just hope those who have seen them numerous times are grateful and thankful for being born in a time where seeing them since earlier albums was possible.

Be thankful and grateful you exist in the part of the world where they have the support to tour is more to the point. Don't ever forget us poor souls down here. Enjoy the experience.

Believe it or not, I remember my first show.

I was 14 and a freshman in high school.

I turned 50 this year.

2.gif was the opening band of 3. Followed by Montrose and headlined by Robin Trower.

Just saw them last nite for the 28th time.

You're right.

Am grateful to have been born when I was.

Please stay in this forum and view my front row RUSH pics from last nite's (12-Oct-2012) Philly 2.gif show.

Rock on!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Great post - I have seen them probably close to 50 times now (first show was the Power Windows tour when I was 15, although considering I raided my parent liquer cabinet, passed out during the opening song and woke up during the encore, that probably shouldn't count lol)

I cherish every single show -and this particular tour has me feeling that same level of excitement I had back in the day. It's so damned good - they sound absolutley fantastic and the new material is exceptional live - easily the best presentation of new material I have ever seen from them in all the years I've been going!!

So consider yourself lucky - you are seeing them on a very special tour on top of their game with a great new album smile.gif

Have a blast, and make sure to post a review!!

(and don't pass out)

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 14 2012, 01:59 AM)
There are plenty of fans born in the 60s, 70s, and 80s that have never seen the band at all. Example: All those South American fans that FINALLY got a chance on the VT tour.

Yeah, but their response was "meh"

laugh.gif