Clockwork Angels Tour Commmercials Decieving?

snowdogged

They started playing commercials on the radio a couple of days ago for the show in Montreal. The ad says that Rush will be "playing songs from every sector of their career". I just find it a bit deceiving. I would be pretty pissed if I bought tickets just based on the commercials after the first set was finished.

They are playing songs from 11 of their 19 studio albums going back to 2112.

"Every sector"...maybe not but that's not that bad of a spread.

Plus in this day and age there is no reason not to do a little research to see if the setlist is up to ones standards and then deciding whether or not to pick up tickets.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Oct 12 2012, 07:43 AM)
It says "Every sector" not "Every album"
They have 3 box sets titled "Sectors" and each is represented on this tour.

How is that not accurate?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Oct 12 2012, 08:45 AM)

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

Clockwork Angels Tour Album Representation.

Based on current setlists

Album represented at every show

Album represented by only one song at every show

Album not represented at every show

Album not represented

Rush (1974)

Fly by Night (1975)

Caress of Steel (1975)

2112 (1976)

A Farewell to Kings (1977)

Hemispheres (1978)

Permanent Waves (1980)

Moving Pictures (1981)

Signals (1982)

Grace Under Pressure (1984)

Power Windows (1985)

Hold Your Fire (1987)

Presto (1989)

Roll the Bones (1991)

Counterparts (1993)

Test for Echo (1996)

Vapor Trails (2002)

Snakes & Arrows (2007)

Clockwork Angels (2012)

Now, I actually like the setlist. Sure it could be better, but it's still pretty good. That being said, the commercials are very misleading. Large expanses of the catalog are either completely ignored or very underrepresented.

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Oct 12 2012, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Oct 12 2012, 08:45 AM)

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

goodpost.gif This seems to be another setlist bashing thread disguised in a Montreal wrapper.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Oct 12 2012, 11:54 AM)
Save your money snowdogged........not only is it a weak set list.....the show in general is far below average.     

None of these guys will tell you the truth out of fear of making the band mad.

That's why I'm here for you

Since you insist on posting the same tired dreck about how much you hate the setlist, I'm just gonna keep posting the same exact response to all of your bitching.

You have 15 posts, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has been either a complaint about the setlist, or a complaint about other people's reactions to your complaints about the setlist. We get it, you didn't like the show. I'm sorry to hear that it was an unpleasant experience for you, but don't take it out on us.

If you're mad at the band, then just stop going to see them. If your mad enough, you can write them a stern letter and ask for your money back. If you're really pissed, you can burn all of your Rush T-shirts and smash your LPs.

Why do you insist on making post after post about how disappointed you were with the show? It's not our fault. We didn't make this setlist, the band did. Don't bug us with your complaints.

Stop being a troll please.

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Oct 12 2012, 10:50 AM)
Clockwork Angels Tour Album Representation.
Based on current setlists

Album represented at every show
Album represented by only one song at every show
Album not represented at every show
Album not represented

Rush (1974)
Fly by Night (1975)
Caress of Steel (1975)
2112 (1976)
A Farewell to Kings (1977)
Hemispheres (1978)
Permanent Waves (1980)
Moving Pictures (1981)
Signals (1982)
Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Power Windows (1985)
Hold Your Fire (1987)
Presto (1989)
Roll the Bones (1991)
Counterparts (1993)
Test for Echo (1996)
Vapor Trails (2002)
Snakes & Arrows (2007)
Clockwork Angels (2012)

Now, I actually like the setlist. Sure it could be better, but it's still pretty good. That being said, the commercials are very misleading. Large expanses of the catalog are either completely ignored or very underrepresented.

I've been looking for something like this, Thanks!! trink39.gif

I honestly think the complainers have never picked up an instrument in their lives or have but cant play for shit! No music appreciation whatsoever. I just dont get how can you go to this show and walk away disappointed knowing that there's only 3 guys in the entire world that can do what they do and... you just watched em!

Yeah, name me another 3 piece band where the singer, plays keys, plays extremely busy bass guitar, sings high, triggers samples, is 59 years old yet still hops around the stage on one foot while still delivering the notes perfectly, yeah im waiting. I mean how can you watch Neil perform and still walk away disappointed?!

I never seen the arrogance of a guy like this ray dude who just because the band is playing music from records he doesn't own they must be crap. So the only music worthwhile in the world is the music that your familiar with? I dont own Power Windows, I dont own Clockwork Angels therefore is crap?! Give me music from the 3 records i own. I dont care if you, Rush, are not happy with the music I want to hear cuz is all about me I dont care about the bands artistic integrity, i dont care about ur art, i dont care about what you are triying to say I just want my hits, Fly by Night, and my Jacobs Ladder .

Cant you f***ing see how f^& selfish u are?! Have you ever paid attention to Rush's lyrics? Seen Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage, read one of the bio books? Never noticed how their artistic integrity is very important to them?

Rush's music is their art, not your art, they are the artist. The artist does with their art whatever the *&^ they want unless your a sellout then you cater to the record company and what produces the most $$$ but if you have a clue u know they don't sellout, they do what they want and their records and shows have always shown that honest and sincere quality about them. Any artist worth it's salt operates in a similar fashion. Go listen to Anthem and get a clue...

damn, i just wasted 5 mins of my time, people like this will never actually get a clue.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Oct 12 2012, 12:54 PM)
Save your money snowdogged........not only is it a weak set list.....the show in general is far below average.

None of these guys will tell you the truth out of fear of making the band mad.

That's why I'm here for you

talk about weak and below average

my dog could troll better then this

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 12 2012, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 12 2012, 05:33 AM)
Isn't this just another way of saying, "I don't like the setlist".....??  confused13.gif

Not really!

OK, so are you saying that you liked the setlist?

This is the way I feel. I am glad that I know the set list before I see the show. If went to the show without knowing it beforehand I would probably be disappointed with all the keyboard era stuff in the first half.But, now that I know the set list I am fine with it and know that I will enjoy the show.

100% Correct:

Sector 1: Working Man, 2112

Sector 2: The Spirit Of Radio, Tom Saywer, YYZ

Sector 3: Everything Else

Plus songs from:

Presto, Roll the Bones, Snake and Arrows & Clockwork Angels

This is a great set! Just enjoy it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Wow, so many people here get so uptight about anyone saying anything critical about Rush. As far as I am concerned everything in my post is true.

Can anyone seriously tell me that every sector of Rush's career is even close to being represented in this tour? Out of all of their tours to date this one by far accentuates on only one sector of their career.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 13 2012, 12:19 PM)
Wow, so many people here get so uptight about anyone saying anything critical about Rush. As far as I am concerned everything in my post is true.
Can anyone seriously tell me that every sector of Rush's career is even close to being represented in this tour? Out of all of their tours to date this one by far accentuates on only one sector of their career.

Nobody got uptight. Many people just pointed out that the commercial didn't lie. They didn't say the sectors were WELL represented or what a sector of their career was. Yes, synth dominates the set but there is some of everything in there.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 13 2012, 11:19 AM)

Yeah, there is nothing uptight about nitpicking a TV commercial

cool.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Oct 13 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 13 2012, 11:19 AM)

Yeah, there is nothing uptight about nitpicking a TV commercial

cool.gif

When multiple people are saying that it is set list bashing, yeah, that is uptight. wink.gif