New Neil Peart Update

hermy

I made out with my soon to be wife on that bridge in WV. If Neil thinks Pickens is the end of the road, he has never been to Mingo County.

I soon fell asleep while reading the rest. Didn't get very far. Did he mention the band at all?

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Oct 11 2012, 06:13 PM)
I made out with my soon to be wife on that bridge in WV. If Neil thinks Pickens is the end of the road, he has never been to Mingo County.

I soon fell asleep while reading the rest. Didn't get very far. Did he mention the band at all?

Why yes, yes he does mention the band, as well as the guest musicians and several spoilers that you might want to check out.

so there tongue.gif

Edited by nettiesaur

Good read! Thanks! I love Neil's reporting on life off the main road, and especially his quoting of church signs, and the way he dryly lets them speak for themselves.

The last photo, with the comments about burning in hell, is pretty funny!

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Oct 11 2012, 07:13 PM)

My mother's family from there, Williamson.

It is isolated and detached, many looong car rides as a kid going through the mountain valley to get there..... Hatfield & McCoy's country yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 12 2012, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Oct 11 2012, 07:13 PM)

My mother's family from there, Williamson.

It is isolated and detached, many looong car rides as a kid going through the mountain valley to get there..... Hatfield & McCoy's country yes.gif

yes.gif

reading those things always makes me think Neil desperately trying to make his life and travels seem more interesting than they actually are, just like the rest of us i suppose. Edited by lifeson90

I like reading Neil's travel stories. I always enjoy when he mentions places I have visited or lived.

Great link, hermy, thanks for the link.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 12 2012, 04:10 PM)
I like reading Neil's travel stories.  I always enjoy when he mentions places I have visited or lived.

Great link, hermy, thanks for the link.

trink39.gif

Agreed......I was at Fallingwater just 2 weeks before him.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/IMG_1310.jpg

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 12 2012, 04:36 PM)
I've seen a few Wright homes, but that is the one I MUST visit some day.

You're welcome to crash at our pad if you wanna see some of the ones in WI...

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Every time I read something that Neil has written and I can't stop thinking of just HOW good a writer he is. Simple prose writing, but the most entertaining stuff around. Funny too. Love (again) the church signs...

I like reading his travel writing. He has a great ability to describe places I may have never known about and he is really good at brief history lessons as well.

There is a bit of the old beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif , but I have learned to live with it.

I love when Neil updates his travels. Looks like he came through SW Ohio too, which is cool. He seems like such a likable guy with a wicked sense of humor. tongue.gif