NIGHTMARE IN BRIDGEPORT!!!

Tick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shail @ Oct 11 2012, 06:11 AM)
getting into philly aint that bad from jersey. i'm gonna get there at 5 and tail gate for a bit. i figure we can't be stuck in traffic for 2 hours trying to get over the bridge into the stadium complex area. it's not like it's an eagles game. runs pretty smooth in and out of that area in all directions. if anything leaving the area with everyone at once is not that much fun.

gonna hear middletown dreams instead of body electric cause they played that the last show.

Nice fuckn spoiler bro

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 11 2012, 07:03 PM)
getting into philly aint that bad from jersey. i'm gonna get there at 5 and tail gate for a bit. i figure we can't be stuck in traffic for 2 hours trying to get over the bridge into the stadium complex area. it's not like it's an eagles game. runs pretty smooth in and out of that area in all directions. if anything leaving the area with everyone at once is not that much fun.

gonna hear middletown dreams instead of body electric cause they played that the last show.

Nice fuckn spoiler bro

I hear ya, but I kind of assume there's going to be a lot of spoiler information floating around here, especially at this point in the tour, and especially in a forum section specifically for the tour. When I was wanting to keep my head firmly in the sand before I saw my show, I would simply avoid here. It's too hard to keep spoilers at bay around here, and easier to avoid it altogether....

Hope you still get pleasantly surprised at your show, though! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Oct 11 2012, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 11 2012, 07:03 PM)

Nice fuckn spoiler bro

I hear ya, but I kind of assume there's going to be a lot of spoiler information floating around here, especially at this point in the tour, and especially in a forum section specifically for the tour. When I was wanting to keep my head firmly in the sand before I saw my show, I would simply avoid here. It's too hard to keep spoilers at bay around here, and easier to avoid it altogether....

Hope you still get pleasantly surprised at your show, though! smile.gif

There's even a warning on the home page: "This is a SPOILER FORUM - Enter at your own risk!" There were no spoilers in the title so I don't think shail posted anything wrong.

We had a miserable experience with traffic/parking too. The Webster Arena said to look for police officers to direct you to parking but all the cops were doing were blocking side streets that led to the parking garage next to the arena.

We circled around for half an hour trying to find parking and finally decided to take a chance and park in the private Aquarion water company parking lot. That turned out to be a great place as it was a 5 minute walk to the arena and we were back on the highway within 5 minutes.

Note to Rush: Never play Bridgeport again!! Go back to Mohegan or better yet the Hartford Civic Center.

wow, i'm sorry you got stuck and missed the beginning. i'm from milford, which is only about 15 minutes from the arena. my buddy and i left around 5:30. we were going to stop in milford to eat but he wasn't too hungry so we decided to just head straight there and get something nearby. we must have just missed the wicked traffic. we walked to a nearby chinese food place and on the way back i do remember seeing lots of cars still coming in. it was an awesome show. i gotta say when the string section stood up and started jamming with them i thought how cool that must be for them to jam with the band. they were really getting into it.

QUOTE (Mika @ Oct 11 2012, 03:50 PM)
I'm sorry to hear your experience; I would have been pretty devastated to miss out on any of the concert! sad.gif

I've always managed to walk to my shows, mostly because I have to go to another town to see Rush, and end up staying at a place within walking distance. I can't imagine sitting in a traffic jam, watching the clock tick away and becoming increasingly anxious as I realize I'm actually going to miss some of the show! sad.gif It's like a nightmare!

It was stressful because I was powerless to change the situation. The only thing I can say is it was my 38th Rush show so missing the first song wasn't as devastating as it could have been if it was my first or 2nd show.

95 thru CT is the only road I ever sat in traffic without moving for 2 hours between 3AM and 5AM on a Sunday morning (after playing a show in Stamford). My brother was stuck in exactly the same spot 10 years later for nearly 8 hours overnight while on tour--they literally fell asleep for 4 hours and woke up, and traffic hadn't moved one inch. The entire drive back to NJ is usually only an hour or may two in "normal traffic." There is nothing normal about the traffic or the drivers in CT, especially on 95. In fact when driving in NJ and I see someone with out of state plates driving slowly in the left lane or making a crazy random lane change to block me from passing them when no one is in front of them in their lane, it is usually someone from PA, CT or Mass. Sorry if anyone from those states are offended, and certainly NJ has its share of terrible drivers and traffic jams too, but usually only during commuter traffic or NY drivers headed to and from the beaches in the summer on weekends.

I have only missed the start of a Rush show twice--once at Nassau Colliseum on RTB tour--LIE is another parking lot I avoid like the plague, so I usually pass on anything at Jones Beach or Nassau--we only missed almost all of Primus (who we wanted to see almost as much as Rush). The other was at MSG same night we met the band in '94, but that was because the friends I was with (who were getting us into the after-show party) waited til the last second to leave and try to take a cab thru the busiest part of NYC, and of course we got caught in gridlock. We missed TSOR and maybe part of the next song. Talking to Geddy and Alex later w/free alcohol and food more than made up for it.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

A few have said, that's why they get to a show early. I really thought being at the venue exit an hour before the show is early enough to get off the exit and park. An hour and 20 minutes to move about a half mile is really a travesty.

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Oct 12 2012, 09:14 AM)
95 thru CT is the only road I ever sat in traffic without moving for 2 hours between 3AM and 5AM on a Sunday morning (after playing a show in Stamford). My brother was stuck in exactly the same spot 10 years later for nearly 8 hours overnight while on tour--they literally fell asleep for 4 hours and woke up, and traffic hadn't moved one inch. The entire drive back to NJ is usually only an hour or may two in "normal traffic." There is nothing normal about the traffic or the drivers in CT, especially on 95. In fact when driving in NJ and I see someone with out of state plates driving slowly in the left lane or making a crazy random lane change to block me from passing them when no one is in front of them in their lane, it is usually someone from PA, CT or Mass. Sorry if anyone from those states are offended, and certainly NJ has its share of terrible drivers and traffic jams too, but usually only during commuter traffic or NY drivers headed to and from the beaches in the summer on weekends.

I have only missed the start of a Rush show twice--once at Nassau Colliseum on RTB tour--LIE is another parking lot I avoid like the plague, so I usually pass on anything at Jones Beach or Nassau--we only missed almost all of Primus (who we wanted to see almost as much as Rush). The other was at MSG same night we met the band in '94, but that was because the friends I was with (who were getting us into the after-show party) waited til the last second to leave and try to take a cab thru the busiest part of NYC, and of course we got caught in gridlock. We missed TSOR and maybe part of the next song. Talking to Geddy and Alex later w/free alcohol and food more than made up for it.

Funny, because when someone drives like that around here, they are typically from NJ or MA (85% of the time they are from Mass.) But they are also from CT at times. We all kind of suck in the northeast laugh.gif

I live in Kentucky now, and I had to get used to a whole new breed of dumb drivers. Ones that never stop at stop signs, or yield properly. They don't know how to leave gaps on the highway (and a lot of times, purposefully run you off the road). One thing I have to say about KY drivers is this...they actually obey the speed limits. I guess because the speed limits are rarely under 45 laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 12 2012, 10:06 AM)
A few have said, that's why they get to a show early. I really thought being at the venue exit an hour before the show is early enough to get off the exit and park. An hour and 20 minutes to move about a half mile is really a travesty.

Hey man, sorry I didn't get you see you while up here. Maybe next time. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 12 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 12 2012, 10:06 AM)

Hey man, sorry I didn't get you see you while up here. Maybe next time. trink39.gif

I hope so! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 11 2012, 05:28 AM)
NIGHTMARE IN BRIDGEPORT!!!

Trying to get into last nights Rush show was one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered. I live 10 minutes from the venue so I hoped in my car at 6:25 to head over. Show start time was 7:30.
We made it to the exit ramp by 6:35. Plenty of time to get in right?

HELL NO! NOT EVEN CLOSE! The traffic is a standstill and you would literally go minutes without moving a cars length. It is about a half mile from the ramp into a parking garage but it mind as well have been 60 miles. I could have made the hour long ride to Mohegan Sun and been there in less time! The time ticks away. 6:35 turned into 6:50. 6:50 turned into 7:00.

We were barely getting anywhere. By probably 7:10 a reality was setting in would would not even be in our seats by the 7:30 showtime. I was losing my mind. Cars from all directions trying to make it on to the main strip with the garages. The frustration mounted as hundreds of cars started laying on the horns and shouting out there car windows.

People were getting out of there vehicles and peeing in bushes along the side of the highway. The time continued to tick away. 7:10 quickly turned to 7:30 and still we sat in hopeless gridlock. We inched our way forward as the honking of car horns remained a symphony in the background. Finally at approximated 7:50 we found ourselves parked in a garage and we hurried towards the venue.

When we got in the building we heard Rush playing and we still had to hit the rest room before going to our seats. In the rest room we were informed this was the first song of the night. That was good news. Perhaps the band caught wind of the chaos that was taking place outside and delayed as long as they could. In the end Rush put on there typical great show but the night was marred by the nightmare outside. Never am I ever going back to this venue. Its amazing they don't have a handle on how to efficiently get people into the venue. A nightmare to remember!

This is why I would not want to live in the megaopolis. And I'm glad that I know every alternate route in the metropolex. (DFW)

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 11 2012, 05:30 AM)
At least you guys got the good set list:

1. Subdivisions
2. The Big Money
3. Force Ten
4. Grand Designs
5. The Body Electric
6. Territories
7. The Analog Kid
8. Bravado
9. Where's My Thing?
10. Far Cry

Set Two
11.Caravan
12. Clockwork Angels
13. The Anarchist
14. Carnies
15. The Wreckers
16. Headlong Flight
17. Halo Effect
18. Seven Cities of Gold
19. The Garden
20. Manhattan Project
21. Drum Solo
22. Red Sector A
23. YYZ
24. The Spirit of Radio

Encore:
25. Tom Sawyer
26. 2112 Part I: Overture
27. 2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
28. 2112 Part VII: Grand Finale

I hope I get this setlist in Tampa with Middletown Dreams in place of Bravado.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

The Big Money,

And The Body Electric need to be replaced with LTTA and LA VILLA!! 1022.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif

I have to back Tick up on this. Worst concert traffic I have ever been in, worst highway exit design I have seen in years. I ended up parking in a random lot about a mile away and took my chances. There were many other fans doing the same thing so we walked in packs. Traffic can not stop us from getting to the show before curtain drop! 5th row Lerxst's side made it alllll worth it. Great show, prob in my top 4. Leaving was a whole other story...