Studio albums with no tour??

Zanadoo2112

As we all know geddy has been struggling with his voice on recent tours. 2.gif is my favorite band and i thought it might be a good idea if 2.gif kept on producing studio albums with no tours. Idk if 2.gif would be down for this but i definetly would. this just means more of the best music ever.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif beathorse.gif

Edited by Zanadoo2112

been wanting this for years personally, these guys are artists who should be making new new art much more regularly rather than endlessly touring performing older stuff most of the time

one studio album every 5 years is just ridiculous to be honest, they should take it easier spend more time with their families and get together for a few weeks every now and then to make shorter albums even, i for one dont need 60min+ epics that obviously takes it toll on the band, gimme an album the quality and length of permanent waves anytime for me

dont get me wrong its more than obvious these guys love touring and meeting their fans, not to mention making a bit money in the process, but its just a personal opinion of mine, id rather have much more new rush regularly thrown out every couple years

Interesting idea, but there is no longer money to be made with studio albums. They make their money touring. I suppose they could still make albums for the love of music (such as Geddy's and Alex's solo albums) but I don't see it happening.

I haven't really been exicted about new Rush albums in a couple of decades, but CA does really have me wanting more.

Yes, but then one of them would have to fall for, and marry, an avant garde artist. That action would then cause strife within the band, which would then break up a few years later, and then there would be 40 years of blame from fan base. wink.gif

While I'd rather have both albums and tours, if I had to choose, I'd want new tours over new albums. Benefits of a deep catalog, imo.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 8 2012, 08:09 AM)
Interesting idea, but there is no longer money to be made with studio albums. They make their money touring. I suppose they could still make albums for the love of music (such as Geddy's and Alex's solo albums) but I don't see it happening.

I haven't really been exicted about new Rush albums in a couple of decades, but CA does really have me wanting more.

thats what im saying! its such a a great album! their vapor trails, snakes and arrow, and CA are all amazing they need to contnue

I've been saying this for years. A concert to me is fleeting, whereas an album is forever, and what I've always wanted from them is more new music over everything else. Of course this will never happen, but we can dream. Alas, I fear this will be their last gasp after the 2nd leg regardless. Geddy's voice won't go another tour after 2013, and they'll never do an album without touring for the sheer love of creating new music, no matter how wonderful that sounds.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 8 2012, 08:38 AM)
I've been saying this for years. A concert to me is fleeting, whereas an album is forever, and what I've always wanted from them is more new music over everything else. Of course this will never happen, but we can dream. Alas, I fear this will be their last gasp after the 2nd leg regardless. Geddy's voice won't go another tour after 2013, and they'll never do an album without touring for the sheer love of creating new music, no matter how wonderful that sounds.

I think that if they do the setlist like it is now and play all of their instrumentals, then they can last a little longer

QUOTE (av450 @ Oct 8 2012, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 8 2012, 08:38 AM)
I've been saying this for years.  A concert to me is fleeting, whereas an album is forever, and what I've always wanted from them is more new music over everything else.  Of course this will never happen, but we can dream.  Alas, I fear this will be their last gasp after the 2nd leg regardless.  Geddy's voice won't go another tour after 2013, and they'll never do an album without touring for the sheer love of creating new music, no matter how wonderful that sounds.

I think that if they do the setlist like it is now and play all of their instrumentals, then they can last a little longer

If they brought back an opening act, it could go a long way to preserving Ged's voice.

I think that they should do what they enjoy. I enjoy the new albums and the tours. I don't know if I would like it if they quit touring altogether though.

Easy choice for me, I'd rather hear new music than see tours. But I know albums don't make money any more, yadda yadda yadda...

Also, on the 60+ minute epic album note mentioned above, I agree. I'm with Steve Howe of Yes when he said 45 minutes or so is the perfect album length (exceptions for "double albums" aside...). Long enough to engage you, but not so long that it starts to drag on and try your patience. Though part of it might be because I initially grew up listening to vinyl LPs and LPs can't hold much more than 25 minutes per side before the sound quality suffers, and thus I'm kinda attuned to that length for albums.

Edited by Bangster of Goats

QUOTE (GoldRush @ Oct 9 2012, 02:24 PM)
Studio albums with no tour??

No.

A tour without a studio album to promote...

I agree, I would prefer tour without a studio album than an album without a tour. Last thing I need is to fall in love with an album and know I will never hear it live.

no.gif

My thoughts have been (from the time of Neil's personal tragedies) that if they ever decided to stop touring, that they would pull some stuff from the archives out to keep putting out recorded music. They have gone on record in the past saying that things like "box sets" are for bands that have ended, et al. I envision the box set coming out with (they lied to us) outtakes and alternate mixes, not to mention the elusive LIVE version of the Down the Tubes tour, and live versions of everything that hasn't been released live, yet. (i.e. Hemispheres)

As far as new studio albums, and no tour? I sort of doubt that. I think these guys like doing things for audiences no matter how much they complain.

Edited by Jaminbenb