How legit is the RRHOF?

Lost In Xanadu

How legit is the RRHOF?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How legit is the RRHOF?

• 10 - Totally legit
    • 5 - Bit of a joke, still kinda cool
    • 0 - Not legit at all

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2012, 06:27 PM)
they're only legit in that everyone seems to accept that they are legit. Kind of like how everyone agrees gold is valuable even though it is just a rock we dig up from the ground.

gold is made of rock?? unsure.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Oct 10 2012, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2012, 06:27 PM)
they're only legit in that everyone seems to accept that they are legit.  Kind of like how everyone agrees gold is valuable even though it is just a rock we dig up from the ground.

gold is made of rock?? unsure.gif

It's a mineral, but we get the gist of the post. It's not a mineralogy paper.

comp26.gif

Grandmaster Flash, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and Madonna. Really? I hope Rush is not included. Not to take away from the aforementioned and their influence and talent, but if you include them in the Rock and Roll hall of fame, then Mahler, Wagner, and Beethoven should be in there too.

treeduck's diet has been carefully structured to contain only metal. Iron, copper, zinc, molybdenum or chromium would also be acceptable. Keep the lead of away from him though. Its sweet (so he likes it) but then he'll start hallucinating. He'll tell you stories and show you pictures.

bekloppt.gif treeduck bekloppt.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Abba and Madonna more influential than Kiss?

Come on, do people not realize how many young guys picked up a guitar and formed a rock band after hearing a Kiss song.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 9 2012, 04:26 PM)
How does a pop artist end up in the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame?

The same way R&B, Blues, Soul, Metal, Punk acts do. They ae voted in by industry types.

I ranked the Hall a 5. A joke in many ways, but kind of a cool honor. Not many refuse the accolade.

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 11 2012, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 9 2012, 04:26 PM)
How does a pop artist end up in the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame?

The same way R&B, Blues, Soul, Metal, Punk acts do. They ae voted in by industry types.

I ranked the Hall a 5. A joke in many ways, but kind of a cool honor. Not many refuse the accolade.

goodpost.gif

Ritchie Blackmore doesn't care at all

I knew I could count on Ritchie not to give a damn about such a meaningless "honor". cool.gif

I don't think that it really holds any prestige or legitimacy at all. I've always felt from the very beginning that the whole idea of a hall of fame for rock & roll is totally absurd and contrary. Music is not a sport or a competition and should never be reduced to that. There is absolutely no objective criteria to determine who should be included or not especially when you take into account who's got the power and influence behind it all - the snobbish critical elite of Rolling Stone and the like who like to try and assert their own dubious authority on the history of rock music. The music itself is its own legacy and some hollow ceremony (or lack thereof) is never going to change that.