NEW ALBUM ROCKS!

Zanadoo2112

I think its crazy how alot of the people hate that 2.gif is playing so much of the new album. Clockwork Angels is a MASTERPEICE!!!!!! Its right up there with moving pics, farewell to kings, even 2112!. This album needs some recignition! its incredible! PLUS its one of 2.gif 's best concept albums!!!! its sounds great live.. And the garden may be the most beautiful song 2.gif has ever written! im sick of people blowing it off so bad. and next to todays music theres not even a comparison! If this is 2.gif 's last album ( knock on wood it isnt) then what a hell of a record to end such a legendary career on!!

ROCK ON 2.gif !!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

yeah, its great. probably the greatest late career comeback ever.

i don't know anyone who is complaining about the second set here though. pretty sure most if not all complaints are about the first set.

in the real world though neither set is good for the casual fan.

1. Best album since Signals..their last great album from start to finish...

2. People have issue's with first set with rare 80's songs...not CA

3. Garden~beautiful, not exact to Rush standards, not at the top of my favorites on CA, but should be great Live...

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 6 2012, 12:59 PM)
yeah, its great. probably the greatest late career comeback ever.

i don't know anyone who is complaining about the second set here though. pretty sure most if not all complaints are about the first set.

in the real world though neither set is good for the casual fan.

alot of people on youtube are complaining.. people here are mostly hardcore fans so they can appreaciate the album

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Oct 6 2012, 01:04 PM)
1. Best album since Signals..their last great album from start to finish...

2. People have issue's with first set with rare 80's songs...not CA

3. Garden~beautiful, not exact to Rush standards, not at the top of my favorites on CA, but should be great Live...

alex's solo in that song is amazing tho.. my fav of the album

QUOTE (Zanadoo2112 @ Oct 6 2012, 12:44 PM)
I think its crazy how alot of the people hate that 2.gif is playing so much of the new album. Clockwork Angels is a MASTERPEICE!!!!!! Its right up there with moving pics, farewell to kings, even 2112!. This album needs some recignition! its incredible! PLUS its one of 2.gif 's best concept albums!!!! its sounds great live.. And the garden may be the most beautiful song 2.gif has ever written! im sick of people blowing it off so bad. and next to todays music theres not even a comparison! If this is 2.gif 's last album ( knock on wood it isnt) then what a hell of a record to end such a legendary career on!!

ROCK ON 2.gif !!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

Completely agree, Its their best album since Moving Pictures. Its increible how they accomplished every they set out to do. A complete concept album, and every song can stand on its own or as part of the whole. I think most complaints with the set list doesn't concern Clockwork Angels. Most of the issues are with the lack of Staples like Limelight and Freewill taken up by the overabundance of 80's songs. If there's a complaint about the Ca stuff its that they wanted to hear 7CoG or something.

This album is a masterpiece, possibly one of the only any band has ever accomplished towards their latter years. They are the best rock band ever!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

some class stuff on CA but if you ask me to compare with, say, 2112 as a concept piece, id have to say it rates very poorly... from start to finish 2112 is just a better story for a start, perfectly balanced both musically and dramatically, whereas CA a collection of loosely connected songs to be honest... even the rare quieter moments in CA seem as if they stiched in at the last moment, no the album cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as 2112 conceptually

listening to 2112 it really is almost like watching a movie you can see events merging into eachother and actually happening, there's nothing like this in CA it can hardly even be described as a concept album

dont matter though, i'll take the 4 or 5 quality tunes from CA at this stage of this great band's career, i just cant compare it to 2112 or hemispheres for that matter

and dont get me started on whether it comes anywhere near the fountain of lamneth...

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (Don'tMeetInBars @ Oct 7 2012, 08:16 AM)
I love Clockwork Angels. 1st Rush album I've listened to repeatedly, almost daily since back in the glory days. Just an outstanding record.

I can't get enough of those big bass pedal moments! When the Anarchist riff comes on, the sub-sonics just vibrate the crap out my car! Awesome!

whipgirl.gif

Most of the bass you FEEL on the album is actually Geddy's bass. His Fender has a huge bottom end which provides that heavy bass sound you hear on The Anarchist's riff and at the beginning of Clockwork Angels, when the guitar kicks in (Also, in the beginning of the first verse). On top of that bass sound it you can hear Geddy's crunchy treble sound which comes with a strong bass vibe. That bass vibe belongs to the bass guitar.

However, there are definitely other places where Geddy uses the bass pedals to provide some bottom end.

QUOTE (Sticklight @ Oct 7 2012, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (Don'tMeetInBars @ Oct 7 2012, 08:16 AM)
I love Clockwork Angels. 1st Rush album I've listened to repeatedly, almost daily since back in the glory days. Just an outstanding record.

I can't get enough of those big bass pedal moments! When the Anarchist riff comes on, the sub-sonics just vibrate the crap out my car! Awesome!

whipgirl.gif

Most of the bass you FEEL on the album is actually Geddy's bass. His Fender has a huge bottom end which provides that heavy bass sound you hear on The Anarchist's riff and at the beginning of Clockwork Angels, when the guitar kicks in (Also, in the beginning of the first verse). On top of that bass sound it you can hear Geddy's crunchy treble sound which comes with a strong bass vibe. That bass vibe belongs to the bass guitar.

However, there are definitely other places where Geddy uses the bass pedals to provide some bottom end.

Check out the riff (approx 0:57), the bass is moving (with the guitar part) and the bass pedals are taking the whole notes underneath. Yes Ged's bass is beefy, it's great. I was referring to the actual bass pedal sounds, which are different. Usually long sustaining notes, and working with the bass instead of replacing it.

Kudos to the mix engineer for keeping it distinct. trink39.gif

Edited by Don'tMeetInBars