Most fans want to hear Jacobs Ladder

losingit2k

What the chance we'll ever hear Jacobs Ladder Again ever?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What the chance we'll ever hear Jacobs Ladder Again ever?

• 0% (There's no Chance) - They will never play it again
    • 25% (A Ghost of a Chance) - They will play it again, but only as an edited instrumental on their Farewell Tour
    • 50% - (It is what it is) - They will play it again but edited as a medley incunjunction with another song
    • 75% - (That's Hope enough for me) They will play it again as part of Permanent Waves in its Entirety
    • 100% - (I Cant Stop thinking Big) They will play it several times in up coming tours

Well I think they'll give it the same treatment as The Camera Eye in which it will be played as part of a whole. TTMT Part Deux: Permanent Waves in its Entirety Tour for 2014. I can see the set list now:

Cue dream sequence:

schla03.gif ..... AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Set 1:

Archives Instrumedley:

(Finding my Way, What You're doing, Working Man, Anthem, Beneath Between and Behind, By-tor and the Snow Dog, The Necromancer, No One at the Brdige, Bastile Day)

Limelight

Caravan

Cut to the Chase

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

Driven (With Bass Solo) Connecting to:

Mal-Nar(Short Drum solo#1)

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended)

Natural Science

New World Man

Distant Early Warnings

YYZ

Skin Trade (Neil's Longer Drum Solo #2)

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Oct 7 2012, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (WavesandWindows @ Oct 7 2012, 01:12 AM)
Pretty sure Jacob's Ladder on the Moving Pictures tour. Both Warm-Up and actual tour

Nope - just PermWav

I too thought it was on the MP tour because JL is on Exit...Stage Left. Had to look up and just now learned that Bangkok-JL is from the Scotland PeW tour as opposed to the Montreal Forum MP show.

Anyways, JL is near the very top of my list of songs I want to see live. I realize that I have no chance of seeing The Necromancer, Lamneth, Hemispheres (entire), so JL might top my list of songs that could possibly be played. I was disapointed last tour when it wasn't played (and not knowing the setlist) after Lerxst was quoted in an interview stating that it would be in the setlist.

This poll makes no sense. How is the percentage of the chance they'll play Jacobs Ladder dependent on what version they play of it, hence instrumental, PeW entirety, etc.? At any rate, I think there is an 85% they'll play it on the next tour because everybody wants them to, the next tour may be their last, and most importantly, they still can play this song without tuning down or altering it. This song would be huge live. They have just been saving it. I wish I could say the same for some of their 70's gems like Anthem, Hemispheres, AFTK, but it won't happen with them. Edited by GeddyLeeRoth

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Oct 8 2012, 10:14 PM)
This poll makes no sense. How is the percentage of the chance they'll play Jacobs Ladder dependent on what version they play of it, hence instrumental, PeW entirety, etc.? At any rate, I think there is an 85% they'll play it on the next tour because everybody wants them to, the next tour may be their last, and most importantly, they still can play this song without tuning down or altering it. This song would be huge live. They have just been saving it. I wish I could say the same for some of their 70's gems like Anthem, Hemispheres, AFTK, but it won't happen with them.

You completely right. The idiot that created this stupid-@ss thread must have taken the percentages out of his @ss!

bitchslap.gif admin.gif wtf.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 7 2012, 08:28 AM)
Well I think they'll give it the same treatment as The Camera Eye in which it will be played as part of a whole. TTMT Part Deux: Permanent Waves in its Entirety Tour for 2014. I can see the set list now:

Cue dream sequence:

schla03.gif ..... AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Set 1:

Archives Instrumedley:
(Finding my Way, What You're doing, Working Man, Anthem, Beneath Between and Behind, By-tor and the Snow Dog, The Necromancer, No One at the Brdige, Bastile Day)
Limelight
Caravan
Cut to the Chase
Test For Echo
Vapor Trails
Driven (With Bass Solo) Connecting to:
Mal-Nar(Short Drum solo#1)
Show Don't Tell
Clockwork Angels
2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio
Freewill
Jacob's Ladder
Entre Nous
Different Strings (Extended)
Natural Science
New World Man
Distant Early Warnings
YYZ
Skin Trade (Neil's Longer Drum Solo #2)
Alex's Solo/ The Garden
Hemispheres (Prelude)
Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer
Headlong Flight

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You can't extend Driven into MalNar. They're different tunings. But great setlist, extended Different Strings would be nice. yes.gif

If The Camera Eye can be played after such a long absence, I can't think of any reason Jacob's Ladder couldn't. It should be as it's one of their greatest, most majestic tracks and one of the major reasons Permanent Waves is so highly regarded as one of, if not the best, Rush album. It would be absolutely killer and monumental live.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Oct 12 2012, 03:25 AM)
If The Camera Eye can be played after such a long absence, I can't think of any reason Jacob's Ladder couldn't. It should be as it's one of their greatest, most majestic tracks and one of the major reasons Permanent Waves is so highly regarded as one of, if not the best, Rush album. It would be absolutely killer and monumental live.

I agree 100%, Specially the "light streaks down in bright unbroken beams" part of the song AKA the break.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (WavesandWindows @ Oct 7 2012, 12:12 AM)
Pretty sure Jacob's Ladder on the Moving Pictures tour. Both Warm-Up and actual tour

It was played early on in the tour, but not at Dallas, which is why I would dearly love to see it live. I am a big ESL fan, and feel that they could still pull this off.

It grows increasingly less likely with every tour however. sad.gif

When did Jacobs Ladder become such a big deal??

I'm not being flippant, just honest.

The Camera Eye (the forever "must have" song that JL has now replaced wink.gif has far more energy.

I can understand why the band wouldn't enjoy playing it - and if they don't want to play it, then I don't want to hear it.

QUOTE (eshine @ Oct 13 2012, 05:02 AM)
When did Jacobs Ladder become such a big deal??

I'm not being flippant, just honest.

The Camera Eye (the forever "must have" song that JL has now replaced wink.gif has far more energy.

I can understand why the band wouldn't enjoy playing it - and if they don't want to play it, then I don't want to hear it.

I would like to state, That RUSh felt the same way about JL until they actually played it. Its the response from the crowd that will make them enjoy it. I'm sure it will sound just great and we'll respond very favorably.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 22 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Oct 7 2012, 07:39 AM)
And we're never gonna hear it live too. It's just not going to happen.

Oh it will happen! Somehow, Somewhere, Sometime!

yes.gif 1022.gif yes.gif

They'll probably throw it into a setlist and play it as a one off song. One of the guys said that they were looking at doing one-offs in an interview.

'JL' popped up on my ipod yesterday, and while I thoroughly enjoy it, I agree with an interviewed Geddy saying it kind of sounds a bit dated, with its synths. I love a version done by - I think - The Rush String Quartet, and I listen to this version even more than the original. ph34r.gif

I just had a thought that this song could have been phenomenal performed with the string orchestra this tour - it really could have brought the song up to a whole new level of sonic pleasure! Ah, well... 'Losing It' would have been good, too! wink.gif

From 1:35 to approx 2:22 is some of the most epic guitar work I have ever heard. It's power did not come across in ESL and I think that is due to the low volume of the guitar on the live album. Put the PW version on your car stereo and crank it up and you have guitar work that you can actually feel. If they ever play it live again, they really need to make sure that Alex's guitar is turned up high for that song......

QUOTE (Mika @ Oct 22 2012, 04:28 PM)
'JL' popped up on my ipod yesterday, and while I thoroughly enjoy it, I agree with an interviewed Geddy saying it kind of sounds a bit dated, with its synths. I love a version done by - I think - The Rush String Quartet, and I listen to this version even more than the original. ph34r.gif

I just had a thought that this song could have been phenomenal performed with the string orchestra this tour - it really could have brought the song up to a whole new level of sonic pleasure! Ah, well... 'Losing It' would have been good, too! wink.gif

I know, I know, I know!

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Oct 6 2012, 02:16 AM)
QUOTE (WavesandWindows @ Oct 5 2012, 10:25 PM)
It's a Ghost of a chance for me... I don't think it's going to happen.... Too boring...

They just did it on the snakes and arrows tour and it was great. Don't think we will see it ever again though.

Put down the pipe...they haven't played this one in YEARS!!!

It definitely wasn't on any tours in the past 10-15 years!

I'd like to hear it, but I'm sure the band isn't so into it. I'd much rather them pull out some never-played Presto material that they could really have fun with. Perhaps Available Light smile.gif

A return for Scars would be bitchin' too.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 24 2012, 04:08 PM)
I'd like to hear it, but I'm sure the band isn't so into it. I'd much rather them pull out some never-played Presto material that they could really have fun with. Perhaps Available Light smile.gif

A return for Scars would be bitchin' too.

I would love to hear Available Light. Actually, I expect to hear Chain Lightning one of these days too. Very underated song. I'm surprised they never played it live. You know, everything they've brought back from Presto has sounded really well Live. They should continue the trend!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif