Most fans want to hear Jacobs Ladder

losingit2k

What the chance we'll ever hear Jacobs Ladder Again ever?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What the chance we'll ever hear Jacobs Ladder Again ever?

• 0% (There's no Chance) - They will never play it again
    • 25% (A Ghost of a Chance) - They will play it again, but only as an edited instrumental on their Farewell Tour
    • 50% - (It is what it is) - They will play it again but edited as a medley incunjunction with another song
    • 75% - (That's Hope enough for me) They will play it again as part of Permanent Waves in its Entirety
    • 100% - (I Cant Stop thinking Big) They will play it several times in up coming tours

I have given up all hope for that one.

I'd like to hear it but I also have a lot of other songs I'd like to hear. Like The Fountains of Lamneth, Natural Science, Permanent Waves, Something for Nothing..etc.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 5 2012, 03:31 PM)
I don't want to hear it.  It's kinda boring.  I have about 30 rarely played songs higher on my list.

I wouldn't say boring, but it is plodding and wouldn't be high on my list of songs to see live

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

It's one I've always wanted to see live, but in all honesty, I prefer the more upbeat stuff in concert. The down-tempo vault tunes suck the life out of an arena.

I voted "0%" because i'm pretty sure i've read people mention that Neil was asked about it in an interview and he said that they rehearsed it but weren't "feeling it" at all. If that's true then there's no way the band will play a song that they are not in to all the way.

It's a good song but it's never been high on my list of songs I want to hear them do live. JL is pretty far down on that list actually.

I voted 75% as part of Permanent Waves in it's entirety....

Yeah, pretty much wishful thinking at best...

I've seen JL live a few times and there are other songs higher up on my want to see list...

Natural Science is way up high on my want to see live list...

With Natural Science, JL and Losing It....Permanent Waves in it's entirety would be a dream come true.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Oct 5 2012, 08:36 PM)
Not "everybody" wants to hear JL live.
I've seen it live... don't need to see it again.

There are better songs to put in that time slot.

Fine, I changed it to Most fans since the word "Everybody" must have struck a nerve or something.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Oct 5 2012, 06:16 PM)
The one song I really want to see live...that and Losing It.

I'm with you 100%. I thought this was going to be the tour. I guess not!

sad.gif

Jacob's Ladder would've been a great addition to this tour's VERY CRAPPY setlist, but no, they flipped off 60% of their fans and played what THEY themselves wanted to play. Why doesn't Rush pay more attention to their fans' wants? Play some rare ones that are actually GOOD, like Cinderella Man, Chemistry, Fly by Night, New World Man, Entre Nous, etc.

This is my 1st Rush concert ever, and I had to chose the WORST Rush concert setlist EVER...

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Oct 6 2012, 06:13 AM)
"They just did it on the snakes and arrows tour and it was great. Don't think we will see it ever again though."

From everything I read, they have not played Jacobs Ladder since the PwrmWaves Tour....

I think he meant Ghost of a Chance!

laugh.gif

There is something stopping them from doing this one. It is either that it does not sound good to them or that one of them really doesn't like it. I went with 0% although I would welcome it in any form.

Jacob's Ladder is just an okay song for me. I think they have better and more exciting songs in their catalog. I'd enjoy it if I heard it, but really have no desire to hear it live. I voted 0% because I don't think the band has any desire to play this song again. I guess I'm not "most fans". wink.gif