Current Setlist refers to an important decision

losingit2k

Does the current Setlist infer that RUSH has rejected the idea of being a 70's Nostalgic Band  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Does the current Setlist infer that RUSH has rejected the idea of being a 70's Nostalgic Band

• Yes - Its a Clear statement by the band
    • No - This is only Temporary for 80's fans
    • Maybe - We still have to see how the next tour plays out

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Oct 6 2012, 12:18 AM)
I'm going to be so pissed if they don't embrace their 70s decade for R40...

I don't think they'll "embrace " it. I think you'll here a few songs from the era but nothing like they have "embraced" the 80's era on this tour.

yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k

What makes you think they'll do an R40 Tour? confused13.gif confused13.gif

They've given zero indication that they have any plans to do an R40 Tour, and yet, fans are already bitching about the (hypothetical) setlist? wacko.gif wacko.gif

What makes you think they'll do an R40 Tour?

They've given zero indication that they have any plans to do an R40 Tour, and yet, fans are already bitching about the (hypothetical) setlist?

We are nearing the end folks......that's all

I've never thought of Rush as a nostalgia band. They've always toured with at least some new material - R30 had Feedback and TMT had Caravan and BU2B.

IMO, they've never been complacent. Perhaps a little misguided at times, but they've always been a forward looking band.

I'd never expect them to be touring with REO/Styx/Pat Benetar or opening for Kiss again...not that there's anything wrong with that... wink.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 6 2012, 10:03 AM)
I'd never expect them to be touring with REO/Styx/Pat Benetar or opening for Kiss again...not that there's anything wrong with that... wink.gif

Let's be blunt. There is plenty wrong with that..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Oct 8 2012, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 5 2012, 12:48 PM)
I think the explanation is simple - Geddy can't sing the 70s stuff anymore and he likes the 80s stuff more.

I am looking through my CD pile and can't tell - which 80's albums are 2112 and Working Man on again?

Nobody said "he can absolutely not sing a single song that was recorded before 1980."

Also 2112 is tuned down (and he can still barely sing it) and Working Man got dropped from the set, so pokey.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Oct 8 2012, 01:14 PM)
I think the explanation is simple - Geddy can't sing the 70s stuff anymore and he likes the 80s stuff more.

I am looking through my CD pile and can't tell - which 80's albums are 2112 and Working Man on again?

Nobody said "he can absolutely not sing a single song that was recorded before 1980."

Also 2112 is tuned down (and he can still barely sing it) and Working Man got dropped from the set, so pokey.gif

You user name reminds me of Jon Bon Jovi, which is really disturbing....

tongue.gif wacko.gif ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Oct 8 2012, 01:14 PM)

I was going to say both songs have been altered as well. Neither is being sung the way it was recorded.

wink.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Oct 8 2012, 05:30 PM)
I'm not sure that it comes into their thinking when they select their set list.

This too. No band is planning the setlist on their current tour based on what they're going to play on their next tour that may not even happen.

I am entirely certain that someone in the band or their designated representative is logging onto The Rush Forum as we speak to make note of your opinion.

I agree...about everyone over-thinking this... and NO it's not because Geddy can't sing the songs anymore. Why do I say that, you ask? Because if they want to play a song they can simply tune down like they currently do (and have for a while) w/ 2112 (the red bass), and like they did w/ Circumstances on the S&A tour.

I agree that it's simply because they want to play these 80's songs... songs they haven't played live in a long time, if ever.

I happen to be a bigger fan of their late 70's early 80's material (AFTK-GUP)... and I wish the tour had more of it... but I think hearing all (or most) of CA is a good compromise.

Clockwork Angels is easily the best offering since MP, and if you don't dig that mess... you got the wring damn address...Deep inside you all know that there WILL be another tour, and they WILL play a bunch of different tracks. This is just a phase.

As long as they stay far away from a Presto/RTB/CP/T4E ensemble, I will be ecstatic no matter what they play.

If they do go in that direction (God forbid), they better damn well have another EPIC awesome album to showcase like CA!

QUOTE (Torgo Satyr @ Oct 9 2012, 10:55 AM)
I agree...about everyone over-thinking this... and NO it's not because Geddy can't sing the songs anymore. Why do I say that, you ask? Because if they want to play a song they can simply tune down like they currently do (and have for a while) w/ 2112 (the red bass), and like they did w/ Circumstances on the S&A tour.

I agree that it's simply because they want to play these 80's songs... songs they haven't played live in a long time, if ever.

I happen to be a bigger fan of their late 70's early 80's material (AFTK-GUP)... and I wish the tour had more of it... but I think hearing all (or most) of CA is a good compromise.

Clockwork Angels is easily the best offering since MP, and if you don't dig that mess... you got the wring damn address...Deep inside you all know that there WILL be another tour, and they WILL play a bunch of different tracks. This is just a phase.

As long as they stay far away from a Presto/RTB/CP/T4E ensemble, I will be ecstatic no matter what they play.

If they do go in that direction (God forbid), they better damn well have another EPIC awesome album to showcase like CA!

I don't know, I think with CA you can come up with the good setlist showcasing any era even that one: Want to hear it? Here it Goes!

Set 1:

Dreamline

Caravan

BU2B

The Pass

Vapor Trails

Cut to the Chase

Where's My Thing?

Show Don't Tell

The Anarchist

Carnies

Clockwork Angels