If Rush does get into the RRHOF

LeaveMyThingAlone

Honey Boo Boo.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Oct 5 2012, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 5 2012, 10:23 AM)
Honey Boo Boo.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/766263/thumbs/s-HONEY-BOO-BOO-large.jpg

Is this Honey Boo Boo related to Lady Ga Ga?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 5 2012, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Oct 5 2012, 02:37 AM)
Best suggestions so far are Page and Gene Simmons. Page for his status and Simmons for entertainment value. Gene would surely bring up the Kiss snub but that would also be entertaining.. Does it need to be a past inductee to qualify?

Also what's the possibility that Rush would perform at the ceremonies? If so they should do The Garden!

Isn't it 100% they will perform?

Going back to my OP, does Rush pick who inducts them?

If that's the case, I think they'd go low profile...like that Donna whatshername that played their record. Their style is always very low key

I agree it would be someone low key. Wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Kim Mitchell from Max Webster (but that may be too low key for the U.S.) or Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon (Peart's in love with that guy).

I think it should be something really over the top just to show how ridiculous it is that they finally got in. I'm thinking they get Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Jack Black to sing Raining Blood while dressed in Godzilla costumes.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 5 2012, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 5 2012, 09:54 AM)
Best suggestions so far are Page and Gene Simmons. Page for his status and Simmons for entertainment value. Gene would surely bring up the Kiss snub but that would also be entertaining.. Does it need to be a past inductee to qualify?

Also what's the possibility that Rush would perform at the ceremonies? If so they should do The Garden!

If that's the case, I think they'd go low profile...like that Donna whatshername that played their record. Their style is always very low key

Bubbles.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/04/24/bubbles256.jpg

In character. Tell me that wouldnt be awesome.

laugh.gif totally! it would be a good way to express what a joke the hall is in a subtle way

they could even have Ricky up there too swearing and bitching that Helix isn't in laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Oct 5 2012, 07:23 PM)

Bubbles.

laugh.gif totally! it would be a good way to express what a joke the hall is in a subtle way

they could even have Ricky up there too swearing and bitching that Helix isn't in laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, Bubbles please! laugh.gif

i suspect that cheech and chong will do the honors while throwing out pre-lit, hog- leg sized big bambu hooters to the unsuspecting corporate douche bags in the audience with rush blazing out a half hour passage to bangkok. cool10.gif Edited by tangy

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 5 2012, 06:09 PM)
I think it should be something really over the top just to show how ridiculous it is that they finally got in. I'm thinking they get Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Jack Black to sing Raining Blood while dressed in Godzilla costumes.

I went to high school with Katy Perry's drummer, Adam Marcello. He was a huge Rush fan and used to play Rush drum parts during lulls in band practice. I specifically remember him nailing the intro to Lakeside Park.

He also threw in the Cygnus riff at the end of one of Katy's songs in her live show. So, as unlikely as it seems, there is a small Katy Perry > Rush connection. wink.gif

QUOTE (devoidzer0 @ Oct 5 2012, 10:55 PM)
He also threw in the Cygnus riff at the end of one of Katy's songs in her live show. So, as unlikely as it seems, there is a small Katy Perry > Rush connection. wink.gif

There was a video of that posted here a while back but a lot of people claimed that it was fake. Nice to hear that its most likely real!

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Oct 5 2012, 01:11 AM)
Eddie trunk, of course)

Eddie Truck, and Jack Black for some levity! Perfect! 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Oct 5 2012, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Oct 5 2012, 07:23 PM)

Bubbles.

Yes, Bubbles please! laugh.gif

Bubbles would be awesome! laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

What about Alice Cooper? He loves Rush! Oh, wait... I think I made a mistake. No he doesn't... sorry.

Let's go with Bubbles... and I agree, Ricky should be up there too, swearing, smoking and drinking whiskey from the bottle, protesting that Helix should be in instead of Rush!

QUOTE (devoidzer0 @ Oct 5 2012, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 5 2012, 06:09 PM)

I went to high school with Katy Perry's drummer, Adam Marcello. He was a huge Rush fan and used to play Rush drum parts during lulls in band practice. I specifically remember him nailing the intro to Lakeside Park.

As much as I would like to think so most pop stars know their bands are interchangeable. If he so much as crosses the line by one iota she'll probably have him replaced by the end of the day. I hope your friend keeps his job though but judging from the interviews I have to sit through whenever I go to a movie she seems like a real snob. Also it's sort of cool to know that video might have been real. I hope you'll excuse me if I don't take one person's word that it actually happened as the video itself looks like it was spliced together.

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 4 2012, 02:14 PM)

Shouldn't a Canadian do it? Paul Shaffer?

Not him, he's not a Rush fan no.gif

And Shaffer has a vote on rock hall selection, There's a yes vote for Donna Summer. sarcasm.gif