If Rush does get into the RRHOF

LeaveMyThingAlone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be one of the banner artists already inducted that exemplify Rock and Roll like Madonna, Run DMC, or Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 4 2012, 01:56 PM)
I think it should be one of the banner artists already inducted that exemplify Rock and Roll like Madonna, Run DMC, or Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 4 2012, 01:48 PM)
Side Note: If they do get in, who do you think inducts them? Anyone but Billy Corgan please. His Rush allegiance has been overdone by now.

I say Metallica and James Hetfield would be very cool....or Dave Grohl and The Foo Fighters.

Who decides that anyway? Does Rush pick who makes the speech?

Shouldn't a Canadian do it? Neil Young? Paul Shaffer? Robbie Robertson?

How about Jimmy Page? He once said Rush were the best currently-active band in Metal (this was around the time of GUP, which never struck me as "Metal"), and a public stamp of endorsement from such an esteemed Rock God would lend credence to Rush's "worthiness."

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 4 2012, 02:27 PM)
I know they want a big name person, but Les Claypool would be the obvious and most sensible choice.

I'm a pretty big Primus fan, so I would like this.

I think it would be awesome if Page did it, but I doubt it.

But most importantly, I'd rather them not be in alongside those other rediculous inductees.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 4 2012, 03:23 PM)
How about Jimmy Page? He once said Rush were the best currently-active band in Metal (this was around the time of GUP, which never struck me as "Metal"), and a public stamp of endorsement from such an esteemed Rock God would lend credence to Rush's "worthiness."

goodpost.gif

Best suggestions so far are Page and Gene Simmons. Page for his status and Simmons for entertainment value. Gene would surely bring up the Kiss snub but that would also be entertaining.. Does it need to be a past inductee to qualify?

Also what's the possibility that Rush would perform at the ceremonies? If so they should do The Garden!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Oct 5 2012, 02:37 AM)
Best suggestions so far are Page and Gene Simmons. Page for his status and Simmons for entertainment value. Gene would surely bring up the Kiss snub but that would also be entertaining.. Does it need to be a past inductee to qualify?

Also what's the possibility that Rush would perform at the ceremonies? If so they should do The Garden!

Isn't it 100% they will perform?

Going back to my OP, does Rush pick who inducts them?

If that's the case, I think they'd go low profile...like that Donna whatshername that played their record. Their style is always very low key

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 5 2012, 09:54 AM)

If that's the case, I think they'd go low profile...like that Donna whatshername that played their record. Their style is always very low key

Bubbles.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/04/24/bubbles256.jpg

In character. Tell me that wouldnt be awesome.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 5 2012, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 5 2012, 09:54 AM)

Bubbles.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/04/24/bubbles256.jpg

In character. Tell me that wouldnt be awesome.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif