Clockwork Angels Tour Fails to Connect with fans

How will they emerge from this debacle?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How will they emerge from this debacle?

• Homeless and destitute?
    • Laying back counting the money?

QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 2 2012, 01:43 PM)

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 01:41 PM)

QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 2 2012, 01:30 PM)

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 11:25 AM) According to the official TRF Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist Poll, Rush is in serious trouble. Here's how the dissenting votes played out.

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 24 ]�� [5.27%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 25 ]�� [5.49%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 12 ]�� [2.64%]

Out of a Total of 455 votes.

13% don't like it? Isn't that a very low number?

You're a swift one you laugh.gif Just because people say they like it, doesn't mean they ACTUALLY like it. trink38.gif

I think I'm missing something. Is this whole post ironical?

No this is a serious, scientific poll. Rush has obviously failed to reach the 13%--shame on them. Haven't you heard that NO ONE is attending these awful concerts where Geddy can barely sing ANY song from the band's catalog?

What will the band do to right the ship? Change course? Bow to the whims of parasites?

fists crying.gif

GET A LIFE and ENJOY :wtf: the show..........

• Like 1

QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 2 2012, 01:43 PM)

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 01:41 PM)

QUOTE (LedRush @ Oct 2 2012, 01:30 PM)

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 11:25 AM) According to the official TRF Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist Poll, Rush is in serious trouble. Here's how the dissenting votes played out.

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 24 ]�� [5.27%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 25 ]�� [5.49%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 12 ]�� [2.64%]

Out of a Total of 455 votes.

13% don't like it? Isn't that a very low number?

You're a swift one you laugh.gif Just because people say they like it, doesn't mean they ACTUALLY like it. trink38.gif

I think I'm missing something. Is this whole post ironical?

No this is a serious, scientific poll. Rush has obviously failed to reach the 13%--shame on them. Haven't you heard that NO ONE is attending these awful concerts where Geddy can barely sing ANY song from the band's catalog?

What will the band do to right the ship? Change course? Bow to the whims of parasites?

fists%20crying.gif

GET A LIFE and ENJOY :wtf: the show..........

Yeah WTF are you people complaining about?

I heard that because of the low attendance, Anthem is having a hard time cutting the checks for the crew and orchestra. There's been an internet rumor that some from the orchestra are getting food stamps during this break. Supposedly the band was seen handing out cheese and peanut butter to the crew to help feed their families. How could this be???

What can we do to help if this is true? sad.gif

I hope at least it is Tillamook Cheese and Jiff Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy). If not, they are in dire straits indeed. :(

Please don't tell me that they have traded in drinking bottled water for tap in paper cups. It would be more than I can bear.

I heard that because of the low attendance, Anthem is having a hard time cutting the checks for the crew and orchestra. There's been an internet rumor that some from the orchestra are getting food stamps during this break. Supposedly the band was seen handing out cheese and peanut butter to the crew to help feed their families. How could this be???

What can we do to help if this is true? sad.gif

I hope at least it is Tillamook Cheese and Jiff Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy). If not, they are in dire straits indeed. :(

Please don't tell me that they have traded in drinking bottled water for tap in paper cups. It would be more than I can bear.

They're not even handing out real peanut butter—it's soy butter! Nut allergies are of prime concern to the band. In terms of the types of cheese they're handing out, I think it's Wensleydale :D-13:

the power windows material dident work imo and neils chopped up solo was a bad idea, drop 2112 and give us la villa........otherwise great show

The PoW songs are the highlight for me. The only 'meh' moments for me are Far Cry, Tom Sawyer, and 1 or 2 of the CA songs. Drop those 4 and put in Show, Don't Tell, Test For Echo, Beneath Between & Behind (tuned down a step), and Cut To The Chase........I'd be following them like The Dead.
  • Like 1

We have just seen Rush at LG Arena in Birmingham in the UK and we thought the lads were superb.

The setlist was great and Clockwork Angels worked really well with the live strings.

Perhaps they need to go back to "soup".

• Like 1

I've been to two CA shows, and both were packed so I'm not sure what you mean by the low attendance.

As far as the audiences go: Boston crowd sucked - all they wanted to hear was Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Freewill, etc. They wouldn't shut up about how much they hated the string section. The show was amazing! CT crowd was a lot more responsive.

I was standing next to people who paid $200 each for their tickets - and they couldn't even recognize the 80's choices.

Honestly, I don't think it was the setlist that couldn't connect to the audience, I think it was the audience who couldn't connect to the setlist.

I was eating up their 80's choices - really great to hear those songs live. I do agree with other posters about pulling some choices to mix in the 90's or late 70's a bit more. But I guess that's what R40 is for, right?

For most of their choices, I sensed a bit of a connection with the CA story...... But maybe that was just me. :popcorn:

• Like 1