Clockwork Angels Tour Fails to Connect with fans

How will they emerge from this debacle?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How will they emerge from this debacle?

• Homeless and destitute?
    • Laying back counting the money?

Good poll, TM. I've been concerned about this for a while now.

Homeless and destitute, of course! The setlist made the ice cream in my freezer all melty. It insulted my grandmother and it left the toilet seat up. Someone must pay!

I plan my vengeance on my own - usually with some paper and a crayon. How do you plan yours?

1287.gif

I've been a fan since about 1981, and LOVE 70's Rush; was even VERY disappointed with the releases of both p/g and PoW at the time...That being said, the last few tours really turned me on to songs like Mission, [edit add]Between The Wheels, Ghost of a Chance, and Marathon(AWESOME).

I've seen these songs performed likely many times before, seeing every tour since HYF...but back then I was too much longing for classics to give a crap about the "synth~stuff". But, I have to admit that those songs really moved me..err, pun intended as The Analog Kid ROCKS! I'll welcome this opening set in Bridgeport, Newark, Brooklyn, and Tampa.

All that aside, I am TOTALLY stoked to see Clockwork Angels LIVE! I really am beside myself in observing Rush releasing and touring a CLASSIC Rush album in 2012...unbelievable.

ohmy.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

GOAC is on RTB...

Edited by RushIslander

QUOTE (rocketom @ Oct 2 2012, 01:28 PM)
If you dont like this set list then you're not a Rush fan. Youre a Dumbass who listens to classic rock stations who only want to hear Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta.

That's right! Its insight like this that is in short supply around here. Absolute GOLD.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Oct 2 2012, 06:53 PM)
If you dont like this set list then you're not a Rush fan. Youre a Dumbass who listens to classic rock stations who only want to hear Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta.

That's right! Its insight like this that is in short supply around here. Absolute GOLD.

Solid gold...in fact, that post deserves a place in Ft. Knox.

The real question is, would you rather have an opening band for about an hour? Then listen too 2 hours of Rush? Then an hour of that being CA, along with a break, a couple songs and an encore?

They sound great, their playing the new album, and seem to be up for further projects!

What's the problem! Just enjoy it!

I want to hear nothing but the entire first album played over and over for three hours. That way Tony Geranios will have an easier each night. So, will Lorne...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 08:01 PM)

You guys are being sarcastic right? wink.gif

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Oct 2 2012, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 08:01 PM)

You guys are being sarcastic right? wink.gif

I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Oct 2 2012, 10:49 AM)
I'm not sure I would call it a downward trajectory, I would just call it a "misstep." The band had a couple of great tours, R30 and TMT with S&A sandwiched between and they were just tough acts to follow. I think they made a choice to go a certain way thinking it rewarded the "hardcore" fans. It turned out it split the fan base, that's all. I say this is much ado about nothing and their next tour will make things up to all who are upset this time out.

Dude, this thread is a parody.

The tour has been selling well and has been almost universaly praised by fans and critics.

How is that a "misstep"???

I personally LOVE the setlist. I would be tire dof going to see every rush tour just to see Limelight and Tom Sawyer getting played to death. Don't get me wrong, great songs. But when i saw this tour's setlist, I got more and more excited as I went down the list. I may have even drooled a little bit. That whole first set? UNBELIEVABLE!

However, I may be one of the few here but i do NOT like the new album that much, nor do I particular enjoy the fact that 90% of the second set are songs from that album. Oh well though.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (Leslie145 @ Oct 2 2012, 11:21 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/JimGarten/rushparody.jpg

Is that what Rush fans look like?

Sorry, don't we all look like that? sad.gif

I heard that because of the low attendance, Anthem is having a hard time cutting the checks for the crew and orchestra. There's been an internet rumor that some from the orchestra are getting food stamps during this break. Supposedly the band was seen handing out cheese and peanut butter to the crew to help feed their families. How could this be???

What can we do to help if this is true? sad.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 3 2012, 09:06 AM)
I heard that because of the low attendance, Anthem is having a hard time cutting the checks for the crew and orchestra. There's been an internet rumor that some from the orchestra are getting food stamps during this break. Supposedly the band was seen handing out cheese and peanut butter to the crew to help feed their families. How could this be???

What can we do to help if this is true? sad.gif

Heard the crew also got free cell phones too...

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 2 2012, 06:25 PM)
Good poll, TM. I've been concerned about this for a while now.

Homeless and destitute, of course! The setlist made the ice cream in my freezer all melty. It insulted my grandmother and it left the toilet seat up. Someone must pay!

I plan my vengeance on my own - usually with some paper and a crayon. How do you plan yours?

1287.gif

I was thinking about donating some cheese to the orchestra, as they are now on food stamps during this break between gigs doh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Oct 2 2012, 11:14 AM)
102 views and 11 poll responses....

Can I add a poll to this poll?

Is this the dumbest poll of all time? 1) yes, 2) yes

This may qualify for the dumbest poll ever

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=76572 trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 3 2012, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 2 2012, 06:25 PM)
Good poll, TM.  I've been concerned about this for a while now.

Homeless and destitute, of course!  The setlist made the ice cream in my freezer all melty.  It insulted my grandmother and it left the toilet seat up.  Someone must pay!

I plan my vengeance on my own  - usually with some paper and a crayon.  How do you plan yours?

1287.gif

I was thinking about donating some cheese to the orchestra, as they are now on food stamps during this break between gigs doh.gif

Good strategy. Lots of cheese! Bind them up inside! Hopefully, they're not lactose intolerant. unsure.gif

That would be a whole new smell at a Rush show.

Not only that, I heard that Ungerleider has taken up deer hunting so he can supplement the peanut butter and cheese that the boys are handing out. Tough times means tough measures...
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Thunder Bay Rush @ Oct 3 2012, 03:58 PM)
Not only that, I heard that Ungerleider has taken up deer hunting so he can supplement the peanut butter and cheese that the boys are handing out. Tough times means tough measures...

Howard was spotted visiting bridges and overpasses in downtown Toronto distributing that meat to the orchestra members...they've had to find new housing accomadations due to the financial collapse of the tour