Clockwork Angels Tour Fails to Connect with fans

How will they emerge from this debacle?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How will they emerge from this debacle?

• Homeless and destitute?
    • Laying back counting the money?

I'm not sure I would call it a downward trajectory, I would just call it a "misstep." The band had a couple of great tours, R30 and TMT with S&A sandwiched between and they were just tough acts to follow. I think they made a choice to go a certain way thinking it rewarded the "hardcore" fans. It turned out it split the fan base, that's all. I say this is much ado about nothing and their next tour will make things up to all who are upset this time out.

According to the official TRF Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist Poll, Rush is in serious trouble. Here's how the dissenting votes played out.

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 24 ] [5.27%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 25 ] [5.49%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 12 ] [2.64%]

Out of a Total of 455 votes.

Two points really quick:

Economy is still tough so I think this has some impact.

Second, I went to opening night and pretty much a full house, but most importantly, if people dont go; they are trully missing out. Opening night, hiccups and all; out of seeing them every tour since 1984.....this was one of the absolute BEST Rush I have ever seen. Period. 80's stuff played heavier, and CA stuff is just phenomenal, better than the album which is rarley doable. Go to this show!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 11:25 AM)
According to the official TRF Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist Poll, Rush is in serious trouble. Here's how the dissenting votes played out.

13% don't like it? Isn't that a very low number?

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Oct 2 2012, 11:14 AM)
102 views and 11 poll responses....

Can I add a poll to this poll?

Is this the dumbest poll of all time? 1) yes, 2) yes

I choose "yes".

pdga number 37546!!!

QUOTE (androoq @ Oct 2 2012, 04:20 PM)

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 24 ]  [5.27%]
The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 25 ]  [5.49%]
The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 12 ]  [2.64%]

pdga number 37546!!!

Awesome...was wondering how long it would take for a fellow discgolfer to pop up....you are now a made man! cool10.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 2 2012, 10:09 AM)
With mostly empty seats, and a fan base who hates the setlist, the band is clearly on a downward trajectory. Can they recover to finish out the tour and save themselves from financial ruin?

2.gif

OMG TM have you turned to the Dark Side?

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (rocketom @ Oct 2 2012, 01:28 PM)
If you dont like this set list then you're not a Rush fan. Youre a Dumbass who listens to classic rock stations who only want to hear Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta.

Thats just not true! People can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that just because you don't like some Rush doesn't mean you don't like the band! Most of the music they're playing is coming from the 80s. That's like 4 or 5 albums. There were 7 albums released in the 70s. Notice the difference? If someone doesn't like the 80s popish songs Rush wrote, then they probably won't like the setlist! The CA stuff was great! I would pay to see just that stuff again! But just because you don't like the 80s stuff, and therefore kinda the whole first set, doesnt mean you dont like Rush. Now I know you're probably just trying to provoke people so I'lll stop now.

• Like 1

QUOTE (rocketom @ Oct 2 2012, 01:28 PM)
If you dont like this set list then you're not a Rush fan. Youre a Dumbass who listens to classic rock stations who only want to hear Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta.

i agree

and i vote yes to the dumbest poll ever

and some people (more then not ) are not happy unless they are bitching about something