10 - Best Song From Grace Under Pressure

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1200 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

No way I can choose...Have to choose best of 4:

Between The Wheels

Red Sector A

Afterimage

Kid Gloves

In no particular order.

2.gif

Geddy's killer bass playing on The Enemy Within just edges out Alex's haunting guitar tracks on Between the Wheels for me. Honorable mention to Red Lenses. I've always loved the lyrics on that one. It would also be a perfect song for Geddy to play an extended bass solo as the song ends like he did with Leave That Thing Alone on the Time Machine tour.

Between the Wheels. Again, Alex is stellar. This album....lots of listens to grow on me. Synth is extremely prominent and very 80s sounding. Not one of my favourite Rush albums, but I enjoy it more today than I did then.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 10:42 PM)
What do you think is the best song from this album?

I'd have to give the edge to Kid Gloves. Although, Distant Early Warning, Red Sector A, Between the Wheels, Afterimage and The Enemy Within are all very close behind it.

The Enemy Within, easily. The first half of this album is amazing, but I think the second half drops off slightly. You can really hear the emotion from all the first half, the longing, fear, loss. I didn't get that from the second half as much.

It surprises me that Between the Wheels is ahead of Distant Early Warning and Red Sector A at least.

The Enemy Within, easily. The first half of this album is amazing, but I think the second half drops off slightly. You can really hear the emotion from all the first half, the longing, fear, loss. I didn't get that from the second half as much.

It surprises me that Between the Wheels is ahead of Distant Early Warning and Red Sector A at least.

I agree. The first half is way better than the second. Red Sector A is my favourite, but the atmosphere is great on each of those four tracks.

This is the first Rush album I bought as a new release. I already owned Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves courtesy of my brother giving them to me.

Ok Listening now Body Electric it's just too awesome not to put at the top.

For some reason, I've seen loads of people say that Grace Under Pressure was the first Rush album they'd bought/listened to. Why is that?

Maybe it was a bunch of fans who discovered them in the 80's. For me it was the album that made me love their music. I have an ipod that a family member found and it had the full album on it and I listened to it over and over and was hooked. I voted for Kid Gloves but Between the Wheels is great too...the whole dang this is!

To me, P/G is THE record. Not only my favorite Rush record, but one of my favorite records, period. I can't find a weak moment on it, and I still listen to it almost every day. The funny thing is, I HATED this record when i first got it in the 80s while I was in high school. What was I thinking??

The best track on the record is Between the Wheels, but I can make an argument for Afterimage and The Enemy Within, as well. The guitar work on Afterimage is brilliant, groundbreaking, and was completely unique at the time. The solo is ridiculous, and the lyrical content is some of the most hard hitting Neil has done. However, I think Between the Wheels tops it. Something about the immensity of the track just blows me away every time I hear it. The live version on R30 somehow raises the stakes, and to this day is one of my favorite live Rush performances. The rest of the record is sick, as well. Red Sector A is another one that live, is just riveting to experience. I love this record!

Wheels can take you around, Wheels can cut you down... We can fall from boom to bust, from dreams to a bowl of dust. We can fall from rocket's red glare, down to "brother, can you spare?" Another war, another wasteland and another lost generation... Love that stuff and the lyrics are still relevant almost 30 years later!