2nd American Leg

rayrushray

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 30 2012, 08:46 AM)
Unless they change the set list to include "ALL " Rush fans

Attendance is sparse.....and audience participation is lukewarm at best.

I agree, even though response has been positive. I've been reading much about shows not selling out and upper level tickets being updgraded to lower level. I do feel if the second "American" leg is to happen. One of two things needs to improve. Either the setlist to include a much wider fan base like you mentioned or the economy so fans don't think twice about releasing the funs. Regardless, I'm sure there will be changes to the setlist. And below is what I'm wishing for while still being somewhat Realistic: (Highlighted are the B-Sets)

Set 1:

Limelight

The Big Money

Lock And Key/ Turn The Page

Grand Design / Middletown Dreams

Body Electric / Afterimage

The Analog Kid

Show Don't Tell

Territories/ The Weapon

Where's My Thing? (Drum Solo #1)

Jacobs Ladder

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight (Drum Solo# 2)

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Losing It

Manhattan Project

The Percussor (Drum Solo # 3)

Red Sector A / Dreamline

YYZ

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 30 2012, 09:17 AM)
Circa 2040

What Rush concert tour was the least likable of all their tours?

Answer: Clockwork Angels

Lol. You know you're quoting your own opinion, and really, no one wants to hear it, you pompous, arrogant asshole.

Sorry, MODS, but f**k it. This guy continuously trolls, and is flame baiting, ban the shit out of him. He has not had ONE constructive thing to say at all in this forum. He doesn't join in on band conversations or anything, he just bitches about shit.

i suspect you are right. i expect numbers to be down drastically from past tours. we shall see.....

Edited by tangy

The post is the typical 4 year old temper tantrum because of the set list, so to directly respond in kind is futile.

Neil stated a few years ago that the industry has basically flipped; they used to make their 'big' money on album sales and broke even on tours. That has reversed. So unless attendance is abysmal, I would bet they continue with a 2nd leg with some minor setlist changes. They had really good summer 'shed' tours recently, so I'd easily go to one next summer.

You also have to consider that they have some considerable fixed expenses in the set and production, so to give up on touring early would just eat into their profit. Sorry to get all 'businessy', but that has to be considered just as much as the musical side. As long as attendance is reasonable, they're having fun and making some decent coin, I think they'll continue.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 30 2012, 09:32 AM)
And below is what I'm wishing for while still being somewhat Realistic: (Highlighted are the B-Sets)

Set 1:

Limelight
The Big Money
The Analog Kid
Show Don't Tell
Territories/ The Weapon
Jacobs Ladder
Subdivisions

Set 2:

Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Red Sector A / Dreamline
YYZ
Hemispheres (Prelude)
Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

OK, so you expect them to play 4+ hrs per night......nice. wacko.gif fing.gif

They will NOT be playing your or anyone else's wishlist. There is no Santa Claus. It's not going to happen.

tickets prices have to be a factor, two very good tickets to the Tampa show came in about $240 with fees, that a good bit of scratch for a concert. Especially since the first set has maybe two songs that i like, looking forward to the CA matierial though, and a few classics to end the show makes it worth it. Also get a Saturday night show here and sales have been very good, 20 thousand seat venue and i think about 85-90 percent sold, may be one of the better attended shows on this tour. 2.gif trink39.gif

I agree, even though response has been positive. I've been reading much about shows not selling out and upper level tickets being updgraded to lower level. I do feel if the second "American" leg is to happen. One of two things needs to improve. Either the setlist to include a much wider fan base like you mentioned or the economy so fans don't think twice about releasing the funs. Regardless, I'm sure there will be changes to the setlist. And below is what I'm wishing for while still being somewhat Realistic: (Highlighted are the B-Sets)

Set 1:

Limelight

The Big Money

The Analog Kid

Show Don't Tell

Territories/ The Weapon

Jacobs Ladder

Subdivisions

Great changes!

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 30 2012, 05:58 PM)
I don't know anyone who waits to see what the setlist is before they buy tickets.

Hmmm...not sure if I'm one of those or not. This tour maybe.

I think the key is to remember is that the set lacks some of the standards they play on tour. Most of us could survive if we didn't hear them again for a while (Red Barchetta, Free Will, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Distant Early Warning) but a minority of people might be a little dissapointed.

I doubt it's to the extent of what's claimed, but if Rush were to Add FW or Limelight to the 1st set where The Body Electric is I bet no one would be saying anything. I can see the 1st set getting stagnant for some people.

Not me, I LOVE PW and the setlist. I wish I wouldn't have looked...I always do that!

QUOTE (krlowe @ Sep 30 2012, 10:37 PM)
I think the key is to remember is that the set lacks some of the standards they play on tour. Most of us could survive if we didn't hear them again for a while (Red Barchetta, Free Will, Limelight, Closer to the Heart, Distant Early Warning) but a minority of people might be a little dissapointed.

I doubt it's to the extent of what's claimed, but if Rush were to Add FW or Limelight to the 1st set where The Body Electric is I bet no one would be saying anything. I can see the 1st set getting stagnant for some people.

Not me, I LOVE PW and the setlist. I wish I wouldn't have looked...I always do that!

As I have said before

They're not playing the songs we hear every tour!! angry.gif

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

I really do not see attendance figures to be as strong for a 2nd leg as they may seem now. It is a great show as is, but, to be honest, it may not be strong enough to hit NA markets again next year. This is particularly true if they decide to hit venues within close proximity of the ones they hit the first time around.

IMO, it may be better if they skipped a 2nd NA leg and put some thought into a nice R40 show. Or, take a little more time off and try again a few years down the road.

It cannot be be too exciting to see all those black curtains hanging around the venues. I was saddened to see the lack of support at the Pittsburgh show. Buffalo should be better since it was neglected on the TM Tour. Lots of Cunucks from across the boarder should be there. Hit the places that have not seen you for some time...that is what they should do 2nd time around if they do it.

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder.....

2.gif

Economy + Weeknight Shows + School/Work weeks = many "casual" fans will not attend.. they don't give a rat's ass about the setlist before they go, and the set rarely affects ticket sales because the die-hards (like us) are the ones who choose to look at it beforehand, and most of the time, we already have bought our tickets.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 30 2012, 08:51 PM)
Economy + Weeknight Shows + School/Work weeks = many "casual" fans will not attend.. they don't give a rat's ass about the setlist before they go, and the set rarely affects ticket sales because the die-hards (like us) are the ones who choose to look at it beforehand, and most of the time, we already have bought our tickets.

yes.gif You've about summed it up there. wink.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 30 2012, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 30 2012, 08:51 PM)

yes.gif You've about summed it up there. wink.gif

I would agree with the post up to a point. They have played week nights before plus the economy has been bad for a long time. People are product driven - if the product is excellent people will find a way to pay for it. If the economy is so bad and people do not have money, why do folks have to wait so long at their favorite rest. to eat. People should be eating at home if they don't have the coin....right?

CA is an excellent release, but apart from the rabid RUSH fanatic, who has been exposed to it? I have not heard one CA tune on the radio!

Successful touring bands have understood that they must give the fans (rabid, casual, new) something they want to hear.

RUSH is out supporting their latest release...I get that and respect that. IMO, I am not sure a concept album that has to have back-to-back-to-back songs played really bodes well in today's market.

I will conclude by saying that I am confident that if RUSH would have included more of their concert "delights," conversations and posts on this Forum would not be as harsh.

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

Set 1:

Limelight

The Big Money

The Analog Kid

Show Don't Tell

Territories/ The Weapon

Jacobs Ladder

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Losing It

Manhattan Project

Red Sector A / Dreamline

YYZ

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Love your setlists))

I would go see it for a third time if they did that! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I would say a second North American leg is going to happen. I don't believe it's really cost effective for the band to start everything up again 5 months after the US tour to just play 12-14 shows in Europe. They will still have pre tour rehearsals etc. There is a certain number of shows required for the tour to break even and put it into profit.

They will likely announce more US dates after the 1st of the year once this leg of the tour is finished.

-Matt