Better Songs??

crazygeo

middletown dreams or body electric

the pass or bravado

wish them well or 7 cities of gold

dreamline or manhattan project

set list 2 may be better? I kinda go back and forth?

QUESTION?

what set list will 2.gif start with after their 10 day break? Will they start w/ set list #2 where they left off with..or start at set list #1 again?????

This is a tough call....

Song vs. song is easy for me ....but a four song grouping is a bit more difficult.

Song vs. song:

The Body Electric over Middletown Dreams (barely)

The Pass over Bravado ( easy choice)

Seven Cities of Gold over Wish Them Well ( landslide)

Manhattan Project over Dreamline ( close )

It looks like Set A is my choice for a better set.

Oh yeah, I don't have to worry about my choice because....

I am going to see RUSH 3 times in 6 days!!!!!

I'm on the fence about SET A vs SET B especially since now TSOR and 2112 are in both, and especially since I'm only going to see the show only once I would really prefer Set B because of Dreamline and The Pass. However, I want Set A because of 7COG and The Body Electric... Its a tough call...According to their current rotation, Philly(the night I'm going) is getting set B, but who knows what they'll be playing after the break. For all we know, they could rotate night after night back to back of 3 hours of Tai Shan on Night A and I Think I'm Going Bald on Night B laugh.gif

The Body Electric over Middletown Dreams

The Pass over Bravado

7COG over Wish Them Well (Every time I hear one of the really high background "WISH THEM WELLLLLLLLLLLLL"s I cringe)

Dreamline over Manhattan Project

Maybe over the break, they'll change it up and do TBE, The Pass, 7Cog and Dreamline in new alternate sets and do the rest in the other... A guy can dream can't he?

Now that 2112 is in both I would go for A hands down (remove 2112 and this changes tongue.gif ).

Body Electric < Middletown

Bravado < The Pass

Seven Cities >>>>>>>>> Wish them Well

Manhattan Project >> Bravado (only because they removed the lasers)

I just want to witness Middletown Dreams live... anything else they play will be great. But my #1 favorite Rush song is Middletown Dreams, so that's really my only focus...(even if they are not quite playing it with the same feel and kick as they would have in 1985, imo based on the YT clips).

But, I will probably end up with a Set A in Charlotte. Won't complain though. The Body Electric is fine too...I will be screaming 1001001 at the top of my lungs.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Sep 29 2012, 03:51 PM)

The Body Electric over Middletown Dreams (barely)
The Pass over Bravado ( easy choice)
Seven Cities of Gold over Wish Them Well ( landslide)
Manhattan Project over Dreamline ( close )

Yep...except for me MP over Dreamline is an easy choice.

Which song do I like more:

body electric over middletown dreams (huge difference)

the pass over bravado (a little better)

wish them well over 7 cities of gold (not even close

manhattan project over dreamline (basically the same, but I've seen dreamline live a lot)

So it's very close for me. I really don't like 7COG at all, and Middletown Dreams is boring and just ok. I think despite 7COG, I'd rather get to see Manhattan Project and The Body Electric, so I'm going with Set B. Fortunately, I don't have to choose as I'll be going to consecutive shows.

middletown dreams > body electric (A lot)

the pass = bravado (They're both great!)

7 cities of gold > Wish Them Well (Substantially)

dreamline > manhattan project (Just Barely)

I got Set A in Chicago. I'd still like to hear Middletown Dreams, The Pass, and Dreamline live. I can take or leave Wish Them Well.

For me, "B" is the stronger set. I'm a big fan of The Pass and Wish them Well, and I'd take Middletown Dreams over The Body Electric (though I don't particularly like either of them).

But "A" is what I got in Minneapolis, and I wasn't exactly broken up about it. Seven Cities of Gold was very good and had a cool video accompaniment, Bravado was nice and featured some great vocal work by Geddy, and Manhattan Project live and with the strings was much more enjoyable for me than the studio version has ever been.

middletown dreams or body electric - middletown dreams

the pass or bravado - tie but bravado is better as a live song

wish them well or 7 cities of gold - 7 cities by a landslide. wish them well is down there with dog years for me and the only song i don't like on the new album

dreamline or manhattan project - manhattan project

Body Electric < Middletown Dreams

Bravado = The Pass

Wish Them Well < Seven Cities of Gold

Mahattan Project = Dreamline

And the most important of all:

Working Man/ Tom Sawyer/ The Spirit of Radio < The Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer/ 2112 O/T/F

So I slightly like set B over Set A Actaully, I would wish the following were always permanent:

Body Electric, Middletown Dreams, Seven Cities of Gold, Manhattan Project, The Spirit of Radio, 2112 O/T/F.

Basically the only songs I would like to be switched would be:

Bravado/ The Pass

Wish Them Well/ BU2B (Yeah I would rather hear BU2B again)

Driven / Red Sector A

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

As a Set 2 witness, I would take Body Electric or Fiddletown Dreams any day of the week. That said I'm not a huge fan of Body Electric. Back in the day (okay 10 years ago), it was kind of joked of as one of the weaker songs on GUP.

Manhattan Project just barely over Dreamline - again I have mixed feelings about this one. Was a huge fan of Manhattan back in the day and since soured over this song. Dreamline though is a definite live staple and probably much better live than on the album.

The real shaft for me was Carnies escaping from the setlist in Bristow. Its a great song musically even without the overuse of pyro. We got plenty of that in other songs as it is. Wish Them Well, went over well tongue.gif with this crowd that night. I could see it as a future radio single if they wanted to do it. Can't get over the canned vocals on this song. The Alex "rant" is bizarrely placed here and not many people responded to this as they had with the Closer to the Heart rant in 94' or the La Villa 2002-04 rants.

QUOTE (Gemari77 @ Sep 29 2012, 07:14 PM)
I just want to witness Middletown Dreams live... anything else they play will be great. But my #1 favorite Rush song is Middletown Dreams, so that's really my only focus...(even if they are not quite playing it with the same feel and kick as they would have in 1985, imo based on the YT clips).

But, I will probably end up with a Set A in Charlotte. Won't complain though. The Body Electric is fine too...I will be screaming 1001001 at the top of my lungs.

I walked into my first show blind and I almost shit my pants when they played Middletown Dreams... and it was soooo amazing live I almost lost it. Hope you get to see it too.

I love Middletown Dreams even more than Body Electric

The Pass absolutely creams Bravado in my opinion

Wish them Well and Seven Cities of Gold are both solid, I was WTW at my show and it was extremely solid live!

Manhattan Project absolutely destroys Dreamline, which we have already seen the past 10 tours it feels like.

So I guess for me these sets are pretty much tied. Hope I get the variety from seeing the alternate set my next show in Montreal!

Is there any truth to the fact they are switching to all set b next leg or is that just conjecture?

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif