Meet & Greet Passes

instantrushfan

I thought Rush didn't sell meet and greet passes. How come they are for sale now? Found them online at a number of premium ticket sellers for most any show you want. Way to rich for me, (about 2K each), but available. At first I thought a contest winner was putting them up, but there are passes for almost every show.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 27 2012, 03:10 PM)
Your first guess was correct, it's not the band selling them, it's people who have won them or got them through some connection to the band, trying to make a quick buck.

That's disgusting! Sure, I'd like to meet the 2.gif guys to show my appreciation for their timeless music but not in that way!! People can be so self-centered these days!!! It's all about making a quick buck or two and who really cares?

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!

A guy I went to school with got a meet and greet for the Indy show. I know this because he posted the pic on Facebook. Wonder how he scored it? Rush are probably the single reason I became a musician but I still think I would take the 2 grand over meet and greet. Now if I could sit and pick Neil's brain about drumming for an hour I probably would pay the price. laugh.gif Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 28 2012, 01:19 AM)
A guy I went to school with got a meet and greet for the Indy show. I know this because he posted the pic on Facebook. Wonder how he scored it? Rush are probably the single reason I became a musician but I still think I would take the 2 grand over meet and greet. Now if I could sit and pick Neil's brain about drumming for an hour I probably would pay the price. laugh.gif

But would you count the cost? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Eric2112 @ Sep 28 2012, 05:35 PM)
I signed up for a meet and greet drawing prior to the Columbus show. Sadly, our son and I did not win. Indeed, $2k is a bit rich for my blood...for the amount of time a meet and greet takes, that's, what, $400 a minute?

As I understand it the meet and greet lasts about 30 seconds, so it would be more like 4K/minute.

I would never spend that kind of money on the passes but if I won meet and greets I would likely attack anyone who got near the passes. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 28 2012, 07:13 AM)
A guy I went to school with got a meet and greet for the Indy show. I know this because he posted the pic on Facebook. Wonder how he scored it? Rush are probably the single reason I became a musician but I still think I would take the 2 grand over meet and greet. Now if I could sit and pick Neil's brain about drumming for an hour I probably would pay the price. laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 28 2012, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Eric2112 @ Sep 28 2012, 05:35 PM)
I signed up for a meet and greet drawing prior to the Columbus show. Sadly, our son and I did not win. Indeed, $2k is a bit rich for my blood...for the amount of time a meet and greet takes, that's, what, $400 a minute?

As I understand it the meet and greet lasts about 30 seconds, so it would be more like 4K/minute.

I would never spend that kind of money on the passes but if I won meet and greets I would likely attack anyone who got near the passes. tongue.gif

I'd sell mine.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 28 2012, 08:13 AM)

Excellent! laugh.gif ...and if love remains...

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 30 2012, 03:09 AM)
I think meet and greets should be offered randomly to the fans buying VIP packages as an additional incentive.

They do, but only a small percentage of them actually get the passes.

actually everyone who orders tickets thru the presale is automatically entered for a meet and greet. and there's the contest on the backstage club site. aside from that it's the "know somebody" route or the "pay somebody" route. that's why someone selling via ticket brokers charges so much. it's not like they can buy up a bunch of meet and greet packages and re-sell them. probably an insider who can put one name on the MnG list per show with a "plus one" and not get into trouble.

I would pay 2k for a meet and greet with the band. I've been a fan since 1977 and have never met them. I work hard and have the discretionary income. Would pay the price and would not county the cost.
  • Like 1

I got so desperate last tour that I contacted Anthem and a number of radio stations begging and pleading. biggrin.gif

A lady from Anthem actually responded back via email (the only one who did respond)... Basically, she said that the band wants everyone to have a fair chance to get Meet n Greet passes and that the band doesn't like to see the same people attending multiple Meet n Greets. She said that, to her knowledge, nobody is able to get passes via inside connections or whatever....

That contradicts the reality of it. And, I pretty much gave up on the idea after that (I typically don't win sh*t).

Good luck to those who are still hoping and trying.

QUOTE (Gemari77 @ Sep 30 2012, 06:19 PM)
the band doesn't like to see the same people attending multiple Meet n Greets.

Attending multiple meet and greets seems dorky at best, creepy at worst. I can't imagine a second staged meeting with anyone famous being anything but awkward.

QUOTE (Gemari77 @ Oct 1 2012, 08:19 AM)

That contradicts the reality of it. And, I pretty much gave up on the idea after that (I typically don't win sh*t).

Most people "typically don't win shit". Think of ALL the people you know. Then, think about how many of them won something through random drawings/lotteries and such. Most of us are all in the same (winless) boat dude.

MEET& GREETS

READING ALL THESE POST RIGHT HERE MAKES ME SICK!!:(sad.gif MEETING ALEX&GEDDY) WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE. MY HUSBAND & MYSELF LOVE RUSH &RESPECT THEM!! TMT WE WENT TOO 5 & CWA GOING TOO 5. LIKE MOST STUFF IN LIFE IT COSTS ALOT OF MONEY TO GO SEE THEM THAT MANY

TIMES! LET ME TELL YOU WE DONT NO ANYONE W/CONNECTIONS!

PEOPLE AT CONCERTS HAVE TOLD US IF U GOT A COUPLE GRAND$$$EACH PERSON/OH YEAH YOU CAN PAY TO MEET &GREET! I DID NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS. BUT AFTER READING THIS POST IT'S CLEAR TO ME,WE CAN'T AFFORD THIS. I HAD TO GIVE UP THE MALL SHOPPING, DINNERS(OUT TO EAT)ETC BUT IT MAKES SINCE NOW ALL SEATS 1-15 ARE SOLD TO PUBLIC. I AM ALL FOR THAT! WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL VENUES REFUSE TO SEAT PEOPLE THAT NEED ACCESSIBLE SEATING! I HAVE BEEN TOLD THOSE SEATS ARE FOR THE BAND. IT MAKES ME SAD TO HEAR THAT OVER & OVER.

THESE GUYS ARE OUR HEROS.(MYSELF&HUSBAND)

FOR THOSE WHO DONT NO ME,I AM NOT SCREAMING AT YOU. I HAVE RARE EYE DISEASE. I HAVE 20%

OF CENTRAL VISION (TUNNEL VISION)RP TOOK ALL THE REST OF SIGHT.

THANK YOU RUSH FANS FOR BEING SO NICE!!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE ROAD RUSH ON

QUOTE (MJH @ Oct 9 2012, 01:32 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1BAfm5LSM

I think this guy has something to say about meet and greets.....

Is the whole thing a reference/parody of some famous act or is he really complaining that he's been getting preferential treatment for years but never gotten to meet the band?

Sell a M&G pass? Man, that is just wrong. Give them back and give someone else a chance to go - that is really ungrateful.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 9 2012, 06:18 PM)
Sell a M&G pass? Man, that is just wrong. Give them back and give someone else a chance to go - that is really ungrateful.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

Especially for the price the hawker is asking. Highway robbery. I presume they can't find a deserving person for whom they have some measure of mercy. It appears the M&G pass is getting the $1800 winfall treatment. dazed025.gif

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1