Winnipeg was great!

Steely Caress

Great show! Was in minneapolis on monday and winnipeg tonight. Great crowd, band was really into it.

The usual setlist changes as this was set b. i did like body electric on monday better than MD.

Far cry stuck out like a sore thumb in the first set. CA material stood out for me both shows.

Coming from someone who has not liked much of new rush music after 1988 that says something. New material really blends in with the classics. Strings were cool but not needed on a few songs.

Also appears that tsor has permanently replaced wm as the set closer as i saw it both nights. Did VIP for both, 9th row alex side in msp, and 3rd row alex center in winnipeg.

Those of you waiting will have a great show to look forward to.

Anyway that is my short summary.

Edited by Steely Caress

I've been trying to get tickets to the show in Anaheim, CA so I can see both sets, (The other show being in Los Angeles) Which did you prefer as a whole?

Thanks for the reviews! It sounds like they were great shows!

2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Sep 27 2012, 12:46 AM)
I liked the first set better, liked body and MP in the set. If you can see both all the better))

I saw the B but really want to see Body live. Going to see them in NJ, where at least right now, it looks like it will be a B setlist again. Hoping that after their short break they mix the order up a bit....

GREAT show last night in Winnipeg!!!! Row 5, Alex's side, crowd was much more into it than I thought they would've been, considering all the different stuff they played!

Also lots of younger people standing around me, and I'm only 24! Liked seeing that!

Really wanted to hear Body Elec, and 7 cities, but hey, show still ROCKED! Loved all the effects throughout the show, especially for the Clockwork stuff!

Once again though, RUSH proved to me why they are the best! Wish they could play until the year 2112!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I was right near you guys, 6th row Alexs' side. I'm glad I got to see WTW (I thought this was an awesome live song) and Dreamline...

But I also would have loved 7CoG and especially Body Electric

The show was every kind of awesome, but, having never seen Rush before I would have liked to have heard some of the "staples" especially La Villa, Freewill, and Red Barchetta.

I'm kinda glad they didn't play Limelight, I'm a bit tired of that one just from DVDS and such.

Clockwork Angels songs were awesome, Wreckers, Caravan, WTW, and of course Headlong Flight.

I had an issue on The Garden though, when Alex loops his guitar for him to play the keys the arpeggio part was really hard on the ears and kind of unpleasant, maybe it was just where I was standing. I think he should just mute the guitar in that part to play the keys.

Analog Kid, and FarCry really stood out in the first set, but they were all pretty good, (I thought they were gonna play Manhattan Project?)

Crowd was really into it, I was kind of afraid they would be a little unresponsive, when they busted out all the semi-obscure 80s stuff and the new album.

Edited by ToadWarrior

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Sep 27 2012, 10:08 AM)
Don't complain about seeing B! I'm seeing A, and I'd much rather hear Dreamline than Manhattan Project 062802puke_prv.gif

That said, Bravado is much better than The Pass!

We had B in Indy.

I like Dreamline better but would like to have seen The Manhattan Project.

The Pass rules over Bravado (so I was happy).

I very thankful I didn't have to sit through The Body Electric ...p/g tour was one time too many. laugh.gif

Hey KidGloves, looks like I'm going to have to change my name, or there may be some serious confusion about who's-who.

I was also at Winnipeg-- 5th row Geddy's side. Crowd was really into it, with a few exceptions. Ticketmaster had released some 4th and 5th row seats late, and the dude in front of me in the 4th row must have been a non-fan who picked up a ticket. He stayed seated through the entire first set while people around him were jamming. Then he left during intermission never to return. I'm not complaining, though-- better view for me!

QUOTE (kid-gloves @ Sep 28 2012, 09:50 AM)
Hey KidGloves, looks like I'm going to have to change my name, or there may be some serious confusion about who's-who.

I was also at Winnipeg-- 5th row Geddy's side. Crowd was really into it, with a few exceptions. Ticketmaster had released some 4th and 5th row seats late, and the dude in front of me in the 4th row must have been a non-fan who picked up a ticket. He stayed seated through the entire first set while people around him were jamming. Then he left during intermission never to return. I'm not complaining, though-- better view for me!

same on my side! Who sits at a RUSH concert?!?!?!?! If it was up to me, all concerts, football and hockey games would be 'stand only'!!