Completely out of sync

mazyyz

First, this is not a complaint thread about the set list as a whole. I have my opinions about the set that I've voiced in other threads. Plus the topic has been beaten to death.

However, I do have something to say about "Far Cry" closing out the first set. It is completely out of sync with the flow and the heavy synth of the 80's/90's era. It should have been wedged into the end of the second or been the encore opener. Red Sector A would have fit in much better to close.

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 26 2012, 10:45 PM)
Yup, my only complaint this tour is Far Cry closing the 1st set.I would stop alternating SOR/Working man and move Spirit to close the 1st set. Far Cry is a great great song but it kinda doesnt deserve to close a set.

Yes it does. yes.gif One of the best songs live. 1022.gif

But I agree it would have worked better at the end of the 2nd set. yes.gif

I actually think its a kickass song. Very driving. I think it's meant to get us back in the groove for what's coming. New hard shit. Just my opinion.

I think Far Cry ends the set because its a nice tie to the new material in the 2nd set. Sort of a this is what we did before, and here is what we just did.

I didn't mind hearing Far Cry again, I think its a modern Rush classic. I agree it doesn't quite fit with the first set material.

But again I'll say it, the guys are 60, we are all so lucky they are still around and still sounding so great and still making new stuff. Its just a pleasure.

QUOTE (tommyali @ Sep 26 2012, 11:31 PM)
I actually think its a kickass song. Very driving. I think it's meant to get us back in the groove for what's coming. New hard shit. Just my opinion.

I agree. Well placed and it fires you up right before "halftime".

trink39.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 27 2012, 06:45 AM)
Agree that the song doesnt fit, and I dont like the song as a whole. Only good thing about it was I was able to get to the restroom early before the rest of the crowds.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 26 2012, 10:45 PM)
Yup, my only complaint this tour is Far Cry closing the 1st set.I would stop alternating SOR/Working man and move Spirit to close the 1st set. Far Cry is a great great song but it kinda doesnt deserve to close a set.

That was my first reaction is that it didn't earn the credibility to close a set, only because of its newness. But after looking at previous concerts where they started to split sets (starting with the T4E tour), they ended a couple of them with Dreamline and One Little Victory. Then some were ended with TSOR and 2112...so who knows.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 26 2012, 09:18 PM)
First, this is not a complaint thread about the set list as a whole. I have my opinions about the set that I've voiced in other threads. Plus the topic has been beaten to death.

However, I do have something to say about "Far Cry" closing out the first set. It is completely out of sync with the flow and the heavy synth of the 80's/90's era. It should have been wedged into the end of the second or been the encore opener. Red Sector A would have fit in much better to close.

I somewhat Agree! Far Cry is a great songs with great visuals and hard driving beat. I don't think Far Cry is the problem, but the songs that preceded it. I think the closing of the 1st set would have worked better like below:

The Analog Kid

Where's my Thing? (Moved up one slot)

Limelight (Instead of Bravado)

Working Man (Added)

Far Cry

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You have addressed my only concern with the set. Limelight or the weapon would have been great closers for that first set. Saw the show twice, and used far cry for my break at the first show. Too much extra sampling in it for a live song IMHO.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 09:56 PM)
First, this is not a complaint thread about the set list as a whole.  I have my opinions about the set that I've voiced in other threads.  Plus the topic has been beaten to death.

However, I do have something to say about "Far Cry" closing out the first set.  It is completely out of sync with the flow and the heavy synth of the 80's/90's era.  It should have been wedged into the end of the second or been the encore opener.  Red Sector A would have fit in much better to close.

I somewhat Agree! Far Cry is a great songs with great visuals and hard driving beat. I don't think Far Cry is the problem, but the songs that preceded it. I think the closing of the 1st set would have worked better like below:

The Analog Kid

Working Man (Added)

Far Cry

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Working Man would have thrown everyone off because that is typically a show closer.

I don't like how Bravado/The Pass follows right after The Analog Kid. I've attended two shows and the crowd really gets going with The Analog Kid, then all the momentum is lost on Bravado/The Pass. But in general I really enjoyed the deep 80s cuts in the first set.

QUOTE (kid-gloves @ Sep 28 2012, 11:21 AM)
I don't like how Bravado/The Pass follows right after The Analog Kid. I've attended two shows and the crowd really gets going with The Analog Kid, then all the momentum is lost on Bravado/The Pass. But in general I really enjoyed the deep 80s cuts in the first set.

For some it's the "pre-intermission pee break."

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 09:56 PM)
First, this is not a complaint thread about the set list as a whole.  I have my opinions about the set that I've voiced in other threads.  Plus the topic has been beaten to death.

However, I do have something to say about "Far Cry" closing out the first set.  It is completely out of sync with the flow and the heavy synth of the 80's/90's era.  It should have been wedged into the end of the second or been the encore opener.  Red Sector A would have fit in much better to close.

The Analog Kid

Working Man (Added)

Far Cry

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Why on EARTH do we need to hear Limelight? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 28 2012, 11:19 PM)
Why on EARTH do we need to hear Limelight? unsure.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I can envision the band asking themselves that same question every time they start working on the tour's setlist.....

There was a thematic tie-in.

The first set takes songs from the 80s and comments on present issues.