Losing it

snowdogged

QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 25 2012, 03:22 PM)
Eat right, exercise and die anyway. I broke my nose playing baseball. That was a physical ailment. Pretty sure it was the second baseman's shoulder that broke it, not my state of mind. tongue.gif Of course maybe my negativity, or my lousy diet weakened the bone.

Clearly your mind wasn't in the game...

tongue.gif

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 25 2012, 12:22 PM)
Eat right, exercise and die anyway. I broke my nose playing baseball. That was a physical ailment. Pretty sure it was the second baseman's shoulder that broke it, not my state of mind. tongue.gif Of course maybe my negativity, or my lousy diet weakened the bone.

What if you die choking on tofu whilst on a treadmill? What does that mean?

Or your attitude caused you to have puny cartilege.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 25 2012, 04:00 PM)

It means the same as if you die choking on a chicken wing whilst on a treadmill.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2012, 04:57 PM)

It means the same as if you die choking on a chicken wing whilst on a treadmill.

Why would anyone choke their chicken on a treadmill? confused13.gif

Oh wait. . .nevermind. blush4.gif

Would anyone here live forever if they could? (Not me).

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2012, 10:05 PM)

Would anyone here live forever if they could? (Not me).

Mara..! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 25 2012, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Sep 25 2012, 01:41 PM)
LadiRushFan80,

Do you read Louise Hay per chance? I've got one of her books by my right elbow as we speak and what I've been reading from your posts is almost exactly the same as what's written there.

Hi LyndseyG smile.gif

Yes, i have read Louise L Hay. She does have a book that talks about this.

Heal your Body A-Z.

Hey!

Yeah, I've got You Can Heal Your Life, and I'm planning to get the body one at some point.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2012, 05:05 PM)

Imagine the calorie burning potential...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2012, 02:20 PM)

imagine the clean-up....

Would anyone here live forever if they could?  (Not me).

Not forever no.gif

But if someone offered slowed aging, so that when I feel 90 I'm actually 900, I'd totally take that yes.gif yes.gif

EDIT: In other words, live to many hundreds of years old. smile.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 25 2012, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2012, 02:20 PM)

imagine the clean-up....

A squeegee and trough mounted at the end of the treadmill oughta' take of it.

I crossed the line right? bolt.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 25 2012, 07:24 PM)

Understood. Sometimes my communication needs work. It is a work in progress.

Per guilt, I have learned, as one who would succumb to guilt readily and for no reason, that this means ones lives in the past by allowing guilt. I do try to live for today. I am still in a rebuilding process and things are truly better than ever. I am continuing with these mantras and revised focuses because they are working for me. Much better than the negative forces I grew up around and allowed myself to continue with my first marriage. That last statement in itself is living in the past. Seems parts of it I haven't let go of. I will though. Just now realize, each day I feel the wound getting smaller because I am not picking at it.

‎"Having forgiven, I no longer see myself as guilty." ~ Lesson 58 - A Course In Miracles.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 26 2012, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 25 2012, 07:24 PM)

Understood. Sometimes my communication needs work. It is a work in progress.

Per guilt, I have learned, as one who would succumb to guilt readily and for no reason, that this means ones lives in the past by allowing guilt. I do try to live for today. I am still in a rebuilding process and things are truly better than ever.  I am continuing with these mantras and revised focuses because they are working for me. Much better than the negative forces I grew up around and allowed myself to continue with my first marriage. That last statement in itself is living in the past. Seems parts of it I haven't let go of. I will though.  Just now realize, each day I feel the wound getting smaller because I am not picking at it.

‎"Having forgiven, I no longer see myself as guilty." ~ Lesson 58 - A Course In Miracles.

I agree. I think guilt is pretty much a useless emotion. It causes so much inner turmoil and stress. Learning from mistakes, moving on and forgiveness should be the focus. The simplest thing that changed the way I look at almost every problem in my life is to just "let it go."

The only problems I have is looking at fine print without my glasses.

It's a total blur.. and my legs are sometimes stiff and sore in the morning. I do have a weaker right knee than my left one, from surgery when was 19. Motorcycle accident resulted in serious knee damage.

At 53, I can still hear real good, except for when I swim, and get water

in my inner ear, which I've done a couple times recently. I temp. lost

60 % of my hearing in my left ear swimming...But I'm getting in excellent shape, so it's a good trade off. I look and feel about 40,

with no grey hair on my head yet, except on my sideburns, it's grey and black.

I can't read the fine print anymore and I have plantafinefranfranfran or something like that in my feet. Oh and my metabolism sucks...in fact it never was any good.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Sep 26 2012, 11:55 PM)
with no grey hair on my head yet, except on my sideburns, it's grey and black.

Same here but I've had that since about age 30 (I'm 42 now).

I don't physically feel any different than I did 20 years ago. I could be deluding myself but I really don't feel like I've lost anything, except for a few teeth along the way tongue.gif . The key for me is positivity, optimism, not stressing or worrying and a rock n roll attitude to life. cool.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 25 2012, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2012, 04:05 PM)
Would anyone here live forever if they could?  (Not me).

But, wouldn't you be curious to see what like was like in the year 2112 and see if there were any Rush events/celebrations?

No thanks. Lots of centenarians on my family tree...and 100 years seems more than enough to me.

My grandfather turns 103 this month, and while he still has moments of great joy (he loves to go out dancing), moment to moment existence is uncomfortable at best, frequently painful and humiliating.

Losing it...