Losing it

snowdogged

QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 24 2012, 01:59 PM)
My boobs keep growing and getting more perky, my butt is getting tighter and I lose weight when I eat Ruffles and onion dip.

That's your secret? did you get that from Helen Mirren? She's getting hotter with age. that is a 60 year old that gets my blood pumping. Wonder if she would be my sugar momma? tongue.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my thing with "emotional discord" and illness.

There is definitely some truth to all of this; I am not denying that stress can cause a whole lot of stuff to go awry.

If telling yourself that you are 100% happy and healthy works for you, great. If you can meditate away the sickness, cool.

But stop and think before you tell someone who perhaps isn't as healthy as you - think, has a debilitating or terminal condition - that it's all mind over matter.

It's careless, shows a lack of compassion, and it is downright rude.

LadiRushFan80,

Do you read Louise Hay per chance? I've got one of her books by my right elbow as we speak and what I've been reading from your posts is almost exactly the same as what's written there.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2012, 10:32 AM)

There is definitely some truth to all of this; I am not denying that stress can cause a whole lot of stuff to go awry. 

If telling yourself that you are 100% happy and healthy works for you, great.  If you can meditate away the sickness,  cool.

But stop and think before you tell someone who perhaps isn't as healthy as you - think, has a debilitating or terminal condition - that it's all mind over matter. 

^^^^^^This & not to mention ignorant. There is no proof that "every single ailment" is due to the mind and/or emotion. That's just silly and wrong.

Just because you read some books that go along with your thinking, it doesn't make it true.

Edited by umoveme

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2012, 01:32 PM)

If telling yourself that you are 100% happy and healthy works for you, great.  If you can meditate away the sickness,  cool.

When I was in the depths of depression, I wish someone would have spoken to me differently in the light of things I know now. I wouldn't have considered it rude. How could one that wants to help be rude? If one reaches out publically with a personal issue, I perceive that is asking for help. What else could it be?

For the record, it has been shown that how one thinks about their illness has effects in determining their health outcomes.

I understand what ya'll are sayin'.

I cannot control how you choose to feel about any thing.

You are bothered by my thoughts, my feeling, my beliefs.

I have no control over that.

I was not pushing my feeling on this subject upon anyone.

I am merely giving another way to SEE.

I have friends and family members afflicted with cancer, diabetes, crohns, MS, seizures... the list goes on...

and i have stated the very same thoughts and feelings on this.

not to be rude, in-compassionate, or hurtful, but to show that there's another way to look at dis-ease and another way to deal with it.

If you do not agree, i have no problems with that.

but whose to say it is WRONG or ridiculous?

You have proof otherwise?

These are just my thoughts and feelings after years of research and study on this subject.

If it is not your truth, then so be it.

Just because you choose to believe a certain way of life is how it is or how it is "supposed" to be, does not mean it is the only way, or the absolute right way.

It was not my intention to be rude, inconsiderate, in-compassionate or hurtful in any way.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Sep 25 2012, 01:41 PM)
LadiRushFan80,

Do you read Louise Hay per chance? I've got one of her books by my right elbow as we speak and what I've been reading from your posts is almost exactly the same as what's written there.

Hi LyndseyG smile.gif

Yes, i have read Louise L Hay. She does have a book that talks about this.

Heal your Body A-Z.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 25 2012, 11:25 AM)
I understand what ya'll are sayin'.

I cannot control how you choose to feel about any thing.

You are bothered by my thoughts, my feeling, my beliefs.

I have no control over that.

I was not pushing my feeling on this subject upon anyone.
I am merely giving another way to SEE.

I have friends and family members afflicted with cancer, diabetes, crohns, MS, seizures... the list goes on...
and i have stated the very same thoughts and feelings on this.
not to be rude, in-compassionate, or hurtful, but to show that there's another way to look at dis-ease and another way to deal with it.

If you do not agree, i have no problems with that.
but whose to say it is WRONG or ridiculous?
You have proof otherwise?

These are just my thoughts and feelings after years of research and study on this subject.

If it is not your truth, then so be it.

Just because you choose to believe a certain way of life is how it is or how it is "supposed" to be, does not mean it is the only way, or the absolute right way.

It was not my intention to be rude, inconsiderate, in-compassionate or hurtful in any way.

Nobody thinks you were trying to be anything but helpful, but some of your comments convey that you feel that most people with cancer, colitis etc, have caused it or their emotional state caused it. I just disagree with that even though I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Yes, but sometimes people feed their dogs fresh, hormone, pesticide-free all organic meat, eggs, rice etc and they treat them very well and they.still.get.cancer.

I'm reacting to her comment that

"every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within."

QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 25 2012, 02:43 PM)
Yes, but sometimes people feed their dogs fresh, hormone, pesticide-free all organic meat, eggs, rice etc and they treat them very well and they.still.get.cancer.

Yes, but do you think eating healthier food lessens the chances of getting cancer or Alzheimer's or whatever? I certainly do. "You are what you eat" is a cliche for a reason.

"every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within."

I agree, that's a pretty definitive statement for Ladi to make. But think about it -- it's part of her way of thinking. She believes a healthy stress-free mind leads to a healthy body, so she takes it to the next level. She's trying to have the healthiest mind that she possible can, which for her relieves stress.... wink.gif

(I'm surmising there, not speaking for her.)

Some people eat the best foods and do yoga every day and get sick. Some people eat Kraft mac and cheese and (Un)Healthy Choice frozen dinners and drink soda every day, and smoke cigarettes for 40 years, and live to be 85. But are the people in that second group giving themselves the best chance at a healthy life?

I don't think there's a foolproof way to avoid serious diseases because there are so many external and internal factors that play into it, but you can try and give yourself the best chance of avoiding such ailments by eating quality whole foods and relieving as much stress from your life as you can.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2012, 12:03 PM)

Yes, but do you think eating healthier food lessens the chances of getting cancer or Alzheimer's or whatever? I certainly do. "You are what you eat" is a cliche for a reason.

I agree, that's a pretty definitive statement for Ladi to make. But think about it -- it's part of her way of thinking. She believes a healthy stress-free mind leads to a healthy body, so she takes it to the next level. She's trying to have the healthiest mind that she possible can, which for her relieves stress.... wink.gif

(I'm surmising there, not speaking for her.)

Some people eat the best foods and do yoga every day and get sick. Some people eat Kraft mac and cheese and (Un)Healthy Choice frozen dinners and drink soda every day, and smoke cigarettes for 40 years, and live to be 85. But are the people in that second group giving themselves the best chance at a healthy life?

I don't think there's a foolproof way to avoid serious diseases because there are so many external and internal factors that play into it, but you can try and give yourself the best chance of avoiding such ailments by eating quality whole foods and relieving as much stress from your life as you can.

UGH, Oh my goodness. Yes, I believe a healthy lifestyle is a good thing. I also believe attitude has a strong effect on health. I think that's common sense!

I don't have to "think about it" because I agree with the mind over matter thing as a simple rule. I just disagree with some of her black and white statements.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear. I'm reacting to a specific comment!

I just Googled : "every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within."

The Rush Forum was first up in my results...

ha ha ha

scroll further in that search and you will find a plethora of articles from a wide range of sources that talk about the Metaphysics of emotional health.

it IS metaphysical for me.

it IS spiritual for me.

it IS organic.

again, that's just MY TAKE on it. I respect any and all opinions, thoughts and feelings. I'm open to any and all perspectives. smile.gif

If you choose to feel otherwise, you still have made a choice, haven't you?

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 25 2012, 02:18 PM)
I just Googled : "every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within."

The Rush Forum was first up in my results...

ha ha ha

scroll further in that search and you will find a plethora of articles from a wide range of sources that talk about the Metaphysics of emotional health.

it IS metaphysical for me.
it IS spiritual for me.
it IS organic.

again, that's just MY TAKE on it. I respect any and all opinions, thoughts and feelings. I'm open to any and all perspectives. smile.gif

If you choose to feel otherwise, you still have made a choice, haven't you?

Hey Amy!

bekloppt.gif

Eat right, exercise and die anyway. I broke my nose playing baseball. That was a physical ailment. Pretty sure it was the second baseman's shoulder that broke it, not my state of mind. tongue.gif Of course maybe my negativity, or my lousy diet weakened the bone.