Losing it

snowdogged

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Sep 24 2012, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 24 2012, 02:59 PM)
My boobs keep growing and getting more perky, my butt is getting tighter and I lose weight when I eat Ruffles and onion dip.

Poor girl

and I poop cash.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 24 2012, 02:38 PM)
My boobs keep growing and getting more perky, my butt is getting tighter and I lose weight when I eat Ruffles and onion dip.

Poor girl

and I poop cash.

can i be your "pooper scooper" man?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 24 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Sep 24 2012, 02:38 PM)

Poor girl

and I poop cash.

can i be your "pooper scooper" man?

Ok, you can have 25% (per SCENT!!!)

rofl3.gif I kill me!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 24 2012, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 24 2012, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (garden cat @ Sep 24 2012, 02:49 PM)
DIS EASE = DISEASE

I hadn't heard that one in a while! I can tell you when I started waking up ever morning regardless of how I actually felt, I said out loud "I feel good!", my days were brighter and I did start feeling better. I let myself ease off the "sick button".

trink39.gif

The power of positive thinking--who'da thunk'it?

Yeah, but what if your life really is a great big suck fest and you don't change anything because your too busy "pretending" that it doesn't suck?

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 24 2012, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 24 2012, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 24 2012, 02:28 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 23 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 23 2012, 09:16 PM)
I would have started this thread years ago if I had only known that I'd have my own thread filled with only women! smile.gif

Yeah, but we're all old and falling to bits! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif Ooo..! Sometimes it hurts to laugh..! rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

I broke a rib (split the cartilage between the ribs) laughing once. Also once while sneezing, and twice while stretching - once to turn off water and the second time to plug in a network cable. Ouch, but it makes for a great true story. A bit of tinnitus from loud music, too. Eh, what was that sonny?

snowdogged got his thread full of ladies, but yes, we're all falling apart! laugh.gif (carefully, carefully)

I'm sure I'm falling apart..! biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 24 2012, 01:21 PM)
The aging process is a mind over matter. thing.

every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within....

there's a ton of literature out there giving the underlying cause to that which ails you, and things you can do to repair and reverse those aches and pains.

DIET is HUGE.  cut the crap out of your diet.  Eat more organically. drink more water. More Alkaline in the body ( i just read an article on that today as a matter of fact) Exercise and meditate daily. 

underlying cause of it all = FEAR.

quit the mind chatter.  stop the worry.  gain a more positive attitude on life.

you keep telling yourself and everyone around you what's wrong and it will manifest.
focus on that in your life that is going right!

goodpost.gif

DIS EASE = DISEASE

Oh jeebus. Some of this is true (managing diet, stress), but to say that EVERY SINGLE PHYSICAL AILMENT IS A MANIFESTATION OF EMOTIONAL DISCORD WITHIN can also be used to blame the victim.

Sure, my late sister who was a brittle Type I diabetic (that's juvenile diabetes, not the kind you get from existing almost exclusively on sugar and grease) suffered from kidney failure, early menopause, osteoporosis and various diabetic neuropathies because she had so much "emotional discord" at the age of 8 that she gave herself an incurable condition. If only she'd meditated more in elementary school. eyesre4.gif

Edited by Mara

Blew my knee out about two years ago.

Had a pretty good surgery to repair it.

Gained a little weight, which has proved difficult to lose.

About halfway back to my fighting weight.

I can't complain, because it was recommended that I walk with a cane.

My surgeon asked during one of my follow up visits,

"Where's your cane?"

I replied, "Chicks don't really dig canes, do they?"

He said, "But, you are a married man."

I replied, "To a chick".

He said, "Good comeback, keep up the good work and we'll see you in six months."

I just hiked three hours the other day, with my "chick", and most certainly didn't use a cane!

Of course, watching me try to get out of bed the next day would have made a great YouTube video.

Sometimes people just freaking get sick.

This is a sore point with me. A good family friend just lost a long battle with 2 different kinds of GI cancers. There's really nothing in her life that you could pinpoint and say, "well, if she had done this or hadn't done that, she'd not have gotten sick." She and her husband attended the same yoga class as my mom, and Shirley finally quit going after she got tired of hearing the yoga instructor yapping on and on about how the mind makes the body ill and all that other new age woo. It really hurt her to hear someone else essentially telling her that she gave herself terminal cancer.

It's fine to have those beliefs and to practice them if that works for you. I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - I exercise almost daily, am trying to manage stress better and am currently doing some dietary revisions/experimentation to minimize recently diagnosed colitis.

But I can't magically wish my teeny-tiny virtually nonexistent eustachian tubes larger (the basis of my ear issues).

What you are saying is totally true. Stress, a bad diet and lack of exercise are definitely very bad for your overall health but even some people who live the healthiest lifestyles drop dead of a heart attack at a very young age. BY living a healthy lifestyle people are only increasing the odds that they will live to a healthy old age.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 24 2012, 04:54 PM)
DIS EASE = DISEASE

I hadn't heard that one in a while! I can tell you when I started waking up ever morning regardless of how I actually felt, I said out loud "I feel good!", my days were brighter and I did start feeling better. I let myself ease off the "sick button".

trink39.gif

Yeah, but what if your life really is a great big suck fest and you don't change anything because your too busy "pretending" that it doesn't suck?

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

You make your life what it is depending on how you look at it. If you think it sucks, then it sucks. yes.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 24 2012, 06:50 PM)
DIS EASE = DISEASE

trink39.gif

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

You make your life what it is depending on how you look at it. If you think it sucks, then it sucks. yes.gif

There may be some truth to that for most people in this forum but not for most people in this world.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 24 2012, 07:59 PM)
DIS EASE = DISEASE

trink39.gif

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

There may be some truth to that for most people in this forum but not for most people in this world.

People don't normally think about it but it is the case for most everyone. A person's perspective determines their mental condition and shapes their outlook. There is a lot to be said about looking at the bright side or down side.

DIS EASE = DISEASE

trink39.gif

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

One key point (for me, anyway) to managing stress is learning to be happy with what I have instead of thinking that getting this or that (bigger house, larger salary, newer car) is some kind of happiness-measuring-stick.

Sure, my car has the mange. But it works pretty well, especially considering it has about 250K miles on it. And it is paid for. The house is smallish but it is plenty big for 2 people and 2 dogs. Waste of time and energy longing for more.

I think I sort of lucked out genetically, being a woman in this family of mine. (The men have not fared as well). I have 2 grandmothers still living. One is 94, pretty healthy, sharp as a tack, and still drives (quite capably, too). The other is 91 and still works 40-50 hours/week. Both of them look considerably younger than they are. My mom will be 70 in about a month and she looks like she is 50. SUPER sharp woman and never slows down. The distaff side is a pretty tough lot.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 24 2012, 07:15 PM)
DIS EASE = DISEASE

trink39.gif

What then? Huh? 1287.gif

One key point (for me, anyway) to managing stress is learning to be happy with what I have instead of thinking that getting this or that (bigger house, larger salary, newer car) is some kind of happiness-measuring-stick.

Sure, my car has the mange. But it works pretty well, especially considering it has about 250K miles on it. And it is paid for. The house is smallish but it is plenty big for 2 people and 2 dogs. Waste of time and energy longing for more.

I think I sort of lucked out genetically, being a woman in this family of mine. (The men have not fared as well). I have 2 grandmothers still living. One is 94, pretty healthy, sharp as a tack, and still drives (quite capably, too). The other is 91 and still works 40-50 hours/week. Both of them look considerably younger than they are. My mom will be 70 in about a month and she looks like she is 50. SUPER sharp woman and never slows down. The distaff side is a pretty tough lot.

I am in total awe of your 94 year old grandmother that works 40 to 50 hour weeks. Wow, that is commendable! She could easily have her own reality show. (Just throwing the idea out there. Who knows, she might be interested in doing it.

That would be such an easy reality show to pitch. Personally, I wouldn't want anyone in my family in a reality show but that's just me.)

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 25 2012, 03:21 AM)

every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within....

there's a ton of literature out there giving the underlying cause to that which ails you, and things you can do to repair and reverse those aches and pains.

DIET is HUGE. cut the crap out of your diet. Eat more organically. drink more water. More Alkaline in the body ( i just read an article on that today as a matter of fact) Exercise and meditate daily.

quit the mind chatter. stop the worry. gain a more positive attitude on life.

you keep telling yourself and everyone around you what's wrong and it will manifest.

I believe most of this except for probably this: "every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within...."

The happiest, most cheerful dude or dudette without a worry in the world can still get a cold, or other more serious illnesses, no? Am I missing something? confused13.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 25 2012, 06:52 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 25 2012, 03:21 AM)

DIET is HUGE.  cut the crap out of your diet.  Eat more organically. drink more water. More Alkaline in the body ( i just read an article on that today as a matter of fact) Exercise and meditate daily. 

quit the mind chatter.  stop the worry.  gain a more positive attitude on life.

I believe most of this except for probably this: "every single physical ailment is a manifestation of an emotional discord within...."

The happiest, most cheerful dude or dudette without a worry in the world can still get a cold, or other more serious illnesses, no? Am I missing something? confused13.gif

A cold - sinus issue.

Not honoring the child within - your inner child.

I'm suffering from sinus stuff right now. i've been working 60+ hours 7 days lately. I have had very little free time, with which to just BE, to play.

I'm also doing a sugar detox. to which my inner child is not happy -

It's about loving yourself. modifying your behaviors, your mental attitude. having compassion. finding inner peace.

And YES - diet has a lot to do with it. so much can be avoided by eating organic. gluten free.

Look at Gerson Therapy. Dr. Gerson was BANNED from practicing his diet therapies in the US because Big Pharma would lose money if people followed a simple organic healthful lifestyle.

I get it Mara. You're bitter because bad things happened to good people. Thought process has a lot to do with how we age as well. Society tells us that as we get older, things happen to us. Or when you were young, your elders kept telling you "this" runs in the family - or "that" runs in the family. someone beats it into your head over and over and over again, and so it must be...

It goes a lot deeper than this. but your mind and heart have to be open to the possibilities in order to choose a different thought.

KNEE = fear of moving forward.

HIP = fear of what direction to go in.

SHOULDER = Carrying other people's problems for too long. Burden of taking everything on for others. Unable to reach out.

COLITIS = (Abdominal pain, diarrhoea, constipation, bleeding, ulceration): Inflexible opinion, fear of letting go of things from the past. Holding onto old beliefs and ideas that they feel fear and guilt about. Insecurity, fear and nervousness when confronting the unknown, strong belief that you are not good enough. What is twisting and distorting you?

CANCER: Deep hurt, long standing resentment eats away at the body. Deep secret or grief eating away at the self. Carrying hatred, futility. Last ditch effort to get person to love.

all of the above (and there are many more, too many to list here) can be CURED &/or controlled by thought. by belief. by diet. by dealing with our "stuff".

meditation is key to centering our beings. bringing self awareness to All That Is. It lowers your blood pressure.

Let go of Ego. Let go of judgement. Let go of attachment.

Every moment of every day your heart is sending signals to your brain, and your brain reacts to that. send positive loving compassionate signals, and that raises your vibration to a level where DIS-Ease cannot reach. Send negative feelings to your brain, and your brain will act accordingly, lowering your vibration...

You'll never know until you're mind and heart are open to trying it. You think because society has been telling us the way it is forever that it has to "be" that way?

I feel otherwise... I KNOW otherwise.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 24 2012, 08:15 PM)

goodpost.gif

This is so critical to well being. When you can truly say I am thank for all I have and I have enough, regardless of what the world tells you that you need to be successful/happy/whatever, then you have found inner peace that many will never achieve. Focusing on the "what I have" versus the "what I don't have" is crucial.

For those who think it is hogwash, try this. Right now, in your mind, think and truly believe that you have all you need. That everything is good and you are enjoying the "now" feeling life. Don't deviate from those thoughts. Let yourself go and feel that. It should feel like your burdens are gone and that you can breathe freely with no stress. If you felt it, imagine that feeling all the time. It is possible to achieve it. All you have to do is repeat that little exercise a few times a day.