Rush in TV commercial

rugen

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 1 2012, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM)
As both a die-hard Rush fan, and a Passat owner, I have been that guy about 1000 times...

laugh.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Do you even do the air stick toss? I have NEVER done that laugh.gif

The air stick toss works in a commercial. To do that in a car alone is incredibly weird. Ive never done it either.

I heard this for the first time when I was in Dick's looking for batting gloves the other day, but I only heard the ad over the speakers, I didn't see it. I stopped immediately and started looking around like a crazy person wondering why the hell I kept hearing Fly By Night

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 1 2012, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM)
As both a die-hard Rush fan, and a Passat owner, I have been that guy about 1000 times...

laugh.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Do you even do the air stick toss? I have NEVER done that laugh.gif

No, but I plan to add it to my repetoire.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Oct 2 2012, 12:28 AM)
I heard this for the first time when I was in Dick's looking for batting gloves the other day, but I only heard the ad over the speakers, I didn't see it. I stopped immediately and started looking around like a crazy person wondering why the hell I kept hearing Fly By Night

Geddy's in your head! ohmy.gif

Lucky, SchemingDemon. She hears voices in her head that sound like Rush. wink.gif

I was flipping around last night and saw it on MSNBC. I had seen it on youtube and thought it was pretty good. Last night proved to me that not only was it pretty good, it may be the best use of a rock song in an ad.. ever. applaudit.gif Take note, Pete Townsend wink.gif I guess it works best if you're a Rush fan tho. It appears to have been made by a Rush fan, for Rush fans. Talk about putting a target on the market. smile.gif

OK I saw this commercial last week sometime and my jaw dropped hearing my band in a commercial. I've done air drums and drumming with my sticks many many times to the point one driver next to me hunked me then yelled over

*The Camera Eye* "That's goota be 2.gif " I yelled back "Yup"

I just never thought of or did a stick toss 1022.gif That made the commercial for me.

Ha, was just reading through this thread when the commercial came on Comedy Central, right after Colbert. It seems like at the end, they're using the 5.1 mix and removed Geddy's vocals. It sounds like a vocal section but all you hear is Alex's guitar, and the drums and bass. Cool.

I've always been against my favorite artists selling out for TV ads. I hate seeing Beatles songs used. I guess because this one is done so well, it's not embarrasing. It's not like Zeppelin and Cadillac, which I thought did nothing for both, or Help! and HH Gregg. 062802puke_prv.gif But dammit, I missed the drum stick again! angry.gif

I was at work- and being a athletic trainer/sports medic we always have the TV on ESPN in the Athletic Training Room - I was at my desk listening to Pandora - Heard/Saw the commercial and couldn't believe that Fly By Night was on a Passat commercial - walked back into my office and lo and behold-Fly By Night was playing on Pandora so I thought it was just my imagination for about 3 days until one of my friends told me about it since he knew I was a fan (...except for the fact he thought it was La Villa... unsure.gif b_sigh.gif )

But totally fun - Gotta love the air stick flip - cracks me up every time -