Rush in TV commercial

rugen

A&E was on the TV on Tuesday (mid- to late- afternoon) in the datacenter "command center", I'm listening to CA (still) - and one of my co-workers gets my attention. "Hey, Rush", she said. And there was a TV commercial for Rush - now on tour...coming to a city near you....get the new album... Then, the VW commercial comes on.

And the person I relate to is the guy in the crosswalk - yeah! 1022.gif - as I'm standing in the datacenter with hands raised...as if to fly...and my co-workers looking on. is she okay? unsure.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 27 2012, 05:42 AM)
QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Sep 25 2012, 11:41 PM)
Gotta love the air stick flip  1022.gif

That was the best pat.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 27 2012, 05:43 AM)
part. it's early.

Sounded perfectly normal to a MA ear. laugh.gif

"Paht" would have also been an acceptable alternative.

I love it! Although, everyone that knows I'm a Rush fan is either calling me or asking me if I've seen it.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Sep 25 2012, 04:22 AM)
When the band is going to retire, they will become the most popular band, because everyone that like them secretly will suddenly express their affection, like some controversial artist who get more credits when he die then when he was alive...

Exactly. I've been saying this for years.

QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 25 2012, 09:27 PM)
Just saw it on one of the games now, my parents called me in and said that was me driving that Passat air drumming to FBN!! laugh.gif my parents know me too well.

Somehow, in some way, all RUSH geeks of the world are slightly cooler because of this commercial.

Still dosn't mean we'll be getting the chicks, though.

Steve Carell woulda kicked ass doing this ad. Just "heard" it from the kitchen....makin snacks for myself, and wondered WTF??? I don't have the sound system on here (I'm home football Saints-Packers...) Saw the end, and hit RWD and HAH! Sell out? Nah...'bout effin time!

I even hear LVS as muzak once inna while now too

(I airdrum like an effin maniac myself lol)

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Sep 30 2012, 06:28 PM)
Steve Carell woulda kicked ass doing this ad.  Just "heard" it from the kitchen....makin snacks for myself, and wondered WTF??? I don't have the sound system on here (I'm home football Saints-Packers...) Saw the end, and hit RWD and HAH!  Sell out?  Nah...'bout effin time!

I even hear LVS as muzak once inna while now too

(I airdrum like an effin maniac myself  lol)

Saw the same commercial. They're getting some heavy rotation; I've seen it about 5 or 6 times today. During the Pats game, TS was playing at the stadium in Buffalo.

Rush is everywhere!

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 30 2012, 06:00 PM)
Just saw it, too! Parents said that it was me in about a decade. lolol..

All my friends said it should have been me in that commercial. I've been air drumming to Rush in the car for 27 years now. Been busted just like that guy many times too. laugh.gif

I mentioned the commercial at a meeting this morning and the entire room turned to look at me and said they all thought of me when they saw it. blush4.gif

I think I've made an impression. Obviously, I'm doing something right! Everyone in my life hears Rush and thinks of me. And, I'm not alone, I'm sure it happens to most of you too. biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM)
As both a die-hard Rush fan, and a Passat owner, I have been that guy about 1000 times...

laugh.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Do you even do the air stick toss? I have NEVER done that laugh.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 1 2012, 03:49 PM)
I mentioned the commercial at a meeting this morning and the entire room turned to look at me and said they all thought of me when they saw it. blush4.gif

I think I've made an impression. Obviously, I'm doing something right! Everyone in my life hears Rush and thinks of me. And, I'm not alone, I'm sure it happens to most of you too. biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Same thing happened to me today at work.

Two of my coworkers brought it up.

Pretty funny.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 1 2012, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM)
As both a die-hard Rush fan, and a Passat owner, I have been that guy about 1000 times...

laugh.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Do you even do the air stick toss? I have NEVER done that laugh.gif

I have to admit, I tried today on the way home while listening to "Caress of Steel".