St. Loius: yet another set list change?

zappafrank

I no longer understand the setlist rotation. This is sort of by design. By not paying attention anymore my show will potentially have a moment or two where I'm not sure what to expect. I'm happy about this. I guess I should also stop reading setlist spoilers from here on out. tongue.gif

QUOTE (chrsmat71 @ Sep 23 2012, 04:49 PM)
.......... and love it love it when the "......concert hall!" LIGHTS! Drops and everyone goes crazy...what a blast.

Yeah I am really looking forward to that part in Seattle since it's an indoor show if indeed it's played there.

Edited by driventotheedge

Does this mean that 'Working Man' is dropped from both setlists ???

I was actually thinking of buying an extra concert ticket to hear both "Nights" but in that case you want as many changes as possible, so with the "Working Man/The Spirit of Radio"-change, there were 5, without it only 4 confused13.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (RalphyS @ Sep 24 2012, 02:53 AM)

I was actually thinking of buying an extra concert ticket to hear both "Nights" but in that case you want as many changes as possible, so with the "Working Man/The Spirit of Radio"-change, there were 5, without it only 4 confused13.gif sad.gif

I hope so because it looks like Philly is getting the B setlist and I really don't need to hear Working Man again. It's good live but Spirit is much better.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 24 2012, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (RalphyS @ Sep 24 2012, 02:53 AM)

I was actually thinking of buying an extra concert ticket to hear both "Nights" but in that case you want as many changes as possible, so with the "Working Man/The Spirit of Radio"-change, there were 5, without it only 4  confused13.gif  sad.gif

I hope so because it looks like Philly is getting the B setlist and I really don't need to hear Working Man again. It's good live but Spirit is much better.

I concur! trink39.gif

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Sep 23 2012, 01:40 AM)
Looks like TSoR was played when by all accounts it should have been Working Man, per the A/B split.

Interesting because Working Man was the breakthrough hit in the midwest.

But in Chicago, the crowd went wild for TSOR.

I saw the Chicago show and didn't read the set in advance. Definitely surprised by the lack of "hits" but I did not think that was a bad thing at all. That being said, if I would've heard "Working Man" instead of "The Spirit of Radio," I would've been a little bummed. Of all the "hits", "TSOR" is my absolute favorite and "Working Man" is one I can do without.

The St. Louis show was incredible. Probably the best Rush show since R30. And I've loved em all, S&A, S&A Leg2, TM Tour. Not only did Rush play in peak form, but the place was capacity except the very top side crappy seats (sound sucks there anyway) and the crowd was LOUD and into it. I've always seen Rush in KC and they've always recieved a great reaction, but I was relieved StL did well with the setlist. I loved the set on paper, but I loved it even more live. Would I have like to hear Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu, etc.? Sure. But I love PoW, and CA is IMO their best album since PoW, so the set delivered.

Highlights for me:

Subdivisions

Middletown Dreams

Analog Kid

Where's My Thing ('YYZ Lite' delivered!)

Far Cry

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Red Sector A (suprisingly)

The Spirit Of Radio (expected Working Man, but this was perfect)

2112 (Thanks to The Boys for playing Grand Finale--it validated and solidified the relatively short number of classics they ended with)