Picking up Steam

HigherWater

I live in Colorado. I'm a school teacher. I have resigned myself to the realization that I will not be seeing Rush live on this tour. (No travel for me) So I've been watching the You Tubes with a whole lot of interest and some sadness.

Rush is picking up some serious steam! The videos from Detroit and Chicago are unbelieveble. The boys sound amazing and the show is tight and visually brilliant.

If you're a setlist hater it's time to get over it! This tour is fantastic and the energy is clearly on the rise.

Edited by HigherWater

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Sep 20 2012, 10:37 PM)
I live in Colorado. I'm a school teacher. I have resigned myself to the realization that I will not be seeing Rush live on this tour. (No travel for me) So I've been watching the You Tubes with a whole lot of interest and some sadness.

Rush is picking up some serious steam! The videos from Detroit and Chicago are unbelieveble. The boys sound amazing and the show is tight and visually brilliant.

If you're a setlist hater it's time to get over it! This tour is fantastic and the energy is clearly on the rise.

Vegas perhaps?? (Closest to you..) No vacation?? I'm an Accountant so I have some flexibility....

C'mon...live a little!! Yes, the shows were AWESOME!!!!

trink39.gif

bekloppt.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Sep 20 2012, 08:37 PM)

Very well said!!!!!!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 20 2012, 11:56 PM)
I hope they record this show soon for DVD and don't wait until next summer. The boys are on fire right now and Ged's voice sounds great.

Yes, they are on fire that's for sure! I'm guessing that Toronto will be the DVD city, but I could be wrong!

Well said!

This is an "event" show. the energy is palpable and the performances are just mind numbing.

But cmon, Teachers call in sick too (or go on strike like here in Chicago wink.gif

I think you should go on a two day Rush strike!

cool.gif

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Sep 21 2012, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 20 2012, 11:56 PM)
I hope they record this show soon for DVD and don't wait until next summer. The boys are on fire right now and Ged's voice sounds great.

Yes, they are on fire that's for sure! I'm guessing that Toronto will be the DVD city, but I could be wrong!

I really hope so!

It would be such a smart move - capturing two nights to choose from during a peak tour period in their own home town.

Seems almost a no brainer.

I'm in Denver.... and I'm holding out. Seems like there's an awful big gap between December and the European dates for there not to be something going on.

Curious to see where.... the weather for most of that window doesn't exactly suit itself to a Red Rocks show. Pepsi center?

I've only ever seen Rush outdoors.... to see them in an arena would be kinda strange. I was supposed to see them indoors on the CP tour but it conflicted with a family vacation.

Here, here! trink39.gif

Great post! Sorry they are not coming your way on this leg. Maybe they will play Red Rocks next year.

I get tired of listening to the setlist whiners. C'mon people we get to see Rush live!! Who cares what they play? What other band from their era are still around and playing new, relevant music? Most other classic rock bands are now just tribute bands of themselves, satisfied to play a greatest hits setlist. Only 66 more wakeups till I get to see the show in Phoenix!!

2.gif

I don't know where in Colorado you live, but it seems that the Vegas Show during the Thanksgiving break is very reasonable from your location. Its only a days drive. I saw them in Vegas last tour and they were incredible! Don't miss out.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k