Funny no one has picked up on this

Supersyl

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 20 2012, 11:35 AM)
It means nothing for the most part.

This setlist is pretty set in stone save for a song or two maybe being dropped and replaced.

But a overhaul is not even a remote possibility.

I think next year we will get a slight revamp but a lot of the same core of this AMAZING set list.

They already played R-30 and the TM tour.

Time for the mid 80's classics for that segment of their fan base.

Cool thing is....I love all their periods. It's all good to me.

+ 1

I know we all have different tastes and opinions, but I find the rampant complaints about this setlist almost beyond comprehension.

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Sep 20 2012, 12:08 PM)
I'm sure Alex is ready to belt out any old tune at a moment's request

I love Geddy, I just wish he was more of a "Rush fan"... Like ""Oh, yeah Bastille Day! What a cool song Let's jam!!"

Serendipity! There's a part in the Visions bio where they talk about how on one Bastille Day in the mid-80's, Alex was trying to belt the song out in tribute in the tune-up room, and had forgotten confused13.gif how to play it!

I hope they keep switching the setlist because I bought tickets for the San Jose and Anahiem. I have always wanted to travel an see them more than one time on a tour. Money has always been tight but Im able to do it this tour and Im pumped!!!!!. Going to San Jose with my best bud floor section 2 row 19 and going to Anaheim with the wife making a mini vacation out of it (disney?) up to the wife. I bought tickets and hotel and she is planning everything else. Even she is excited!!

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Sep 20 2012, 11:58 PM)
I hope they keep switching the setlist because I bought tickets for the San Jose and Anahiem. I have always wanted to travel an see them more than one time on a tour. Money has always been tight but Im able to do it this tour and Im pumped!!!!!. Going to San Jose with my best bud floor section 2 row 19 and going to Anaheim with the wife making a mini vacation out of it (disney?) up to the wife. I bought tickets and hotel and she is planning everything else. Even she is excited!!

Cool! You are in for a great couple of shows. 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 20 2012, 12:35 PM)
It means nothing for the most part.

This setlist is pretty set in stone save for a song or two maybe being dropped and replaced.

But a overhaul is not even a remote possibility.

I think next year we will get a slight revamp but a lot of the same core of this AMAZING set list.

They already played R-30 and the TM tour.

Time for the mid 80's classics for that segment of their fan base.

Cool thing is....I love all their periods. It's all good to me.

goodpost.gif

yes.gif I enjoy all eras of Rush.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 20 2012, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (rushfan88 @ Sep 20 2012, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 20 2012, 11:04 AM)
Well they arent anything like Dave Matthews band for example who has a wildly different setlist every single night.

Well the big difference there is Rush's music is way more complex than Dave Matthews by far. For Rush to play an unstructured set list would require way more practice and preparation. Not to mention all the different visuals that go into making a show. Rush also has way more material to choose from than Dave Matthews. Therefore, I really don't think it's fair to compare those two bands. It's not even close to an "apples to apples" comparison...

Well I also brought up Dream Theater who is far more complex than Rush ever was, and they change up their set list all the time. You can just pick a random song of theirs and it will be much harder to play than any Rush song you can find, so it doesnt make sense why they do this and Rush doesnt. I just dont think Rush feels like learning 50 songs, but DT does so that you get a different show each night you see them. They have a lot of fans that go to many shows on each of their tours, so its nice of them to do that.

Dream theater has not changed their set list much at all the past 3 tours. One or two songs every other night like Rush is presently doing. And they no longer do "A Night With" shows anymore, opting for much shorter sets and one or more opening acts.