VIP Nation SWAG

tripdad

QUOTE (tripdad @ Oct 25 2012, 08:26 PM)
Okay, thanks. Would you also mind telling me which state it came from? I'm under the impression that they're being mailed from Ca

Oh and btw, I'm disappointed in the t-shirt. It's really thin material. Not at all like the typical Rush tour shirt. If you hold it up to the light you can see through it. It probably won't last more than a few washings.

Thin material?? Ok, it's settled then...the T becomes my wife's nightshirt. Will highlight her nipples nicely! tongue.gif

2.gif

Got my stuff today!! Woohoo!!

Wondering why did they make the shirts so thin? Not see thru, but almost.....

confused13.gif

Hey Tim,

Humm, too much info there?.... laugh.gif

trink39.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (EagleMoon @ Oct 25 2012, 11:02 AM)
Got my stuff today.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_01731.jpg

Whats the tiny red box below the tote bag?

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Oct 25 2012, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (EagleMoon @ Oct 25 2012, 11:02 AM)
Got my stuff today.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_01731.jpg

Whats the tiny red box below the tote bag?

The tiny box has the guitar picks in it. It's metal and slides open.

Oh and the laminate and commemorative concert ticket you get at the show. That's where I got mine. They were in an envelope along with my regular concert ticket.

Here are the lenticular (image changes as you rotate the surface) VIP ticket and pass pics:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vmip3o.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/24wx54z.jpg

Honestly the lanyard is cheap - was sad it was not the woven .5" strap with clockwork angels screenprinted on it - they def tried to cut corners where they could on the package.

I mean look how nice this one is in comparison:

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...1-lanyard-.html

Edited by StuTalon

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Oct 26 2012, 08:20 AM)
I guess I'll find out soon enough, but how many guitar picks came in the set, and what do they look like?  Any "signature" picks?

Red and white picks with RUSH, Clockwork Angels and the CA clock. Kind of faded out. The ones that come with the pick holder are MUCH nicer. There are 6 total.

Edited by EagleMoon

Yeah, I just got my package yesterday. In case it wasn't mentioned, the poster I got was hand numbered in the bottom right corner, I think out of 2500, but I didn't look very closely and already rolled it up and put it inside a tube. The corners got a bit bent up in shipping. The shirt is a Trunk Ltd. shirt just like the KISS VIP nation shirt. Very soft/thin cotton. The picks are meh. I'm using the tin for my collection of actual concert picks. It's a funny coincidence that the tour program has photos in it from the last tour book I ever got (RTB tour 1991-1992). I feel a bit guilty to have only waited one week from the show to get my package, after some of you waited months.

Has anybody from Pittsburgh/went to the Pittsburgh show gotten their tourbooks/poster/etc. yet? I see that people are starting to get their stuff now and it figures that it be the weekend that I'm in Cleveland and it also figures that they don't give us a tracking # either or require a signature, being that these things cost between 275 and 325 dollars for most people.

No, I'll probably be waiting for weeks, while what'll probably actually happen is some thug kid will just waltz right on up to my porch, take my package and sell it for drug money.

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!

BTW - I'm working on a little project and could really use a second VIP ticket if anyone who went to multiple shows, took a spouse/kid had an extra they could stand to part with for a good cause can you drop me a PM - much appreciated (will post pics once it's complete).

Thanks!

Got my stuff on Saturday. (I live in central VA and was at the DC show).

I don't even think the guitar picks should be called guitar picks. Cheap little pieces of plastic in the shape of a guitar pick. Like it would have really set them back to spend a few extra cents to provide something decent for our $300+ purchase.

I'm thinkin' that next tour I will just go mainstream. Not sure who does the decision making regarding VIP packages, but in all honesty, compared to other packages, these SUCK!

Well, after seeing the pix of the pix of the VIP swag on RIAB I can only say l'm so glad I didn't fork out good money for what looks like cheap crap. All very bland and uninspired. Piss poor, IMO. default/062802puke_prv.gif

+1000,000,000

So has everyone received their VIP goodies? Just wondering if all shows have been shipped yet or not?

Edited by rushfanforever!

Has anybody from Pittsburgh/went to the Pittsburgh show gotten their tourbooks/poster/etc. yet? I see that people are starting to get their stuff now and it figures that it be the weekend that I'm in Cleveland and it also figures that they don't give us a tracking # either or require a signature, being that these things cost between 275 and 325 dollars for most people.

No, I'll probably be waiting for weeks, while what'll probably actually happen is some thug kid will just waltz right on up to my porch, take my package and sell it for drug money.

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!

Hey WK,

Did you have your mail held at the post office while you were at the show(s)? If so, theft shouldn't be an issue...Always a good idea...

Still waiting for ours, went to the Newark show, however I'm sure Hurricane Sandy will have impacted shipping around the east coast. At this point concert swag is unimportant compared to getting help where needed.

Based on the photos posted of the merchandise, I would rather we have an option in the future to just order the VIP tickets and skip the cheap swag...I paid I think $325 each for Newark VIP package, just make it $300 or so for the tickets only and we'll buy our own Rush swag.

Can't wait for (hopefully) and second chance to see this tour next year, still debating on doing VIP again.

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!

Hey WK,

Did you have your mail held at the post office while you were at the show(s)? If so, theft shouldn't be an issue...Always a good idea...

default/smile.png

No, I didn't look into that option, but as it turns out, a couple of minutes after I made that post, I texted my sister and she told me that it came. So all is good.

Who makes the decision regarding what stuff to put in the VIP Packages (including the quality of the products)?

I am no expert on such thing, but I am thinking that nicer stuff could included in the packages without making it a financial drain.

Really disappointed here...

Guess I will go back to my standard means of getting prime seats...will be less expensive too!

Edited by drgrendel

Got ours today, knew not to have high expectations based on what folks had posted but the shirts were worse than I thought they possibly could be. Honestly have never encountered a t-shirt so thin...wont last past a couple wearings. Rest of the stuff wasnt much better. Live & learn I guess.

Still waiting here! My VIP show was Chicago 9/15 (my wife's birthday and HELL NO I didn't take her!...carryover joke from a different thread)