PSY'S Gangnam Style.

D3strukt

Here is a mashup with the song with Wither by Dream Theater.

Huge improvement on the original. Thank you for this.

Just so we're clear, the original what?

It's obvious.

My apologies -- didn't realise at the time that it was priest_of_syrinx, who I know is a DT fan. You just never know these days. A number of people seem to love bashing DT.

Edited by Show Don't Tell
  • Like 1

So I wither... And render myself helpless

I give in... And everything is clear

I break down, and let the spirit guide me...

(that's the chorus out of memory... IOW: don't correct me, I can google :P )

Love Wither, great DT ballad. Wow... Black Clouds is an underrated DT album, great aside from "Best of Times"

Edited by Mr. IsNot

It's obvious.

My apologies -- didn't realise at the time that it was priest_of_syrinx, who I know is a DT fan. You just never know these days. A number of people seem to love bashing DT.

Actually, I was referring to Wither. :ph34r: Not one of my favorite DT songs.

It's obvious.

Love that song, and I'm not a huge DT fan

It's a fun song and I like it. Am I going to buy this guy's music or albums? Not a chance. But, it is what it is. I like having breaks from the seriousness of Rush and other music to wig out on things like this.

Late to the game, but...

Exactly. I love the song. Like you said, it's just a fun song to loosen up over. It's the exact opposite of Rush. It's fun to hear in the bars when I go out and it accomplishes it's purpose, which is a good dance song to dance and have fun with.

People really need to loosen up.

It's not even a good dancing song. If this is a good dancing song, then everything on the radio is a good dancing song. It's exactly the same as Will.I.Am's new song featuring Britney Spears, or Ke$ha's new "music", or even David Guetta's Titanium. They're all meant to have ass lyrics with catchy dance beats so no one actually pays attention.

I don't need to loosen up. I'm a DJ, and hear this garbage music all the time. An actual good dancing song would be something like Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson or something similar that has a raw energy to it. Something that actually grabs you and pulls you to dance. Not something that makes you dance like a retard because everyone else wants to look like an Asian with sunglasses on.

Just bothers me that something so bad can attract so many zombies that flock to it like it's gold. There's so much better mainstream music out there, so it's confusing to me how this garbage gets the most recognition.

It's obvious.

Aha. And that's why I asked. :LOL:

It's a fun song and I like it. Am I going to buy this guy's music or albums? Not a chance. But, it is what it is. I like having breaks from the seriousness of Rush and other music to wig out on things like this.

Late to the game, but...

Exactly. I love the song. Like you said, it's just a fun song to loosen up over. It's the exact opposite of Rush. It's fun to hear in the bars when I go out and it accomplishes it's purpose, which is a good dance song to dance and have fun with.

People really need to loosen up.

It's not even a good dancing song. If this is a good dancing song, then everything on the radio is a good dancing song. It's exactly the same as Will.I.Am's new song featuring Britney Spears, or Ke$ha's new "music", or even David Guetta's Titanium. They're all meant to have ass lyrics with catchy dance beats so no one actually pays attention.

I don't need to loosen up. I'm a DJ, and hear this garbage music all the time. An actual good dancing song would be something like Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson or something similar that has a raw energy to it. Something that actually grabs you and pulls you to dance. Not something that makes you dance like a retard because everyone else wants to look like an Asian with sunglasses on.

Just bothers me that something so bad can attract so many zombies that flock to it like it's gold. There's so much better mainstream music out there, so it's confusing to me how this garbage gets the most recognition.

Yep, this song is just fukkin awful. I actually went a longer than most when it came to hearing this song. Out of curosity I watched the video just now and words can't decribe how bad it is. This isn't catchy nor does it have a good beat to it. There was a time when artists knew how to write a good pop tune. I think pop in the 80s up through the mid 90s was pretty solid, but this? What the hell is this garbage and how can so many people like it?

It's obvious.

:LOL:

Another Day is fantastic. Space Dye Vest makes me tear up. Wither?... It's ok I guess. :|

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

It's obvious.

:LOL:

Another Day is fantastic. Space Dye Vest makes me tear up. Wither?... It's ok I guess. :|

I'll agree that "Wither" isn't as good as the other two you mentioned, but I still think it is epic in its mainstream-DT kinda way. But, to each their own, of course! (Side note: Those clean low register notes on JP's 7-string... :drool:)

Edited by Show Don't Tell