PSY'S Gangnam Style.

D3strukt

What a crazy weekend....

It was our final football game of the season. My D coordinator decided to let the kids have some fun and put in a "Psycho Gangnam" play. It's basically the defense in standard psycho formation "galloping" in place doing a lasso with their right hand. At the snap of the ball, everyone but the corners and safeties blitz. He called this 3 times in a row, all yielded a loss of 5 or more yards.

The funny thing was how much it pissed the other team off. These are 6th graders in their final game having a little fun. I heard fans of the other team saying things like "Play football you pansies" and "we may be losing, but we don't dance like a bunch of idiots." I repeat... this was 6th GRADE!!

Well, we kicked their butt, and the scorekeeper in the box played this song as everyone was shaking hands. It was fun, but I still could not believe the reaction from their fans.

What a crazy weekend....

It was our final football game of the season. My D coordinator decided to let the kids have some fun and put in a "Psycho Gangnam" play. It's basically the defense in standard psycho formation "galloping" in place doing a lasso with their right hand. At the snap of the ball, everyone but the corners and safeties blitz. He called this 3 times in a row, all yielded a loss of 5 or more yards.

The funny thing was how much it pissed the other team off. These are 6th graders in their final game having a little fun. I heard fans of the other team saying things like "Play football you pansies" and "we may be losing, but we don't dance like a bunch of idiots." I repeat... this was 6th GRADE!! default/facepalm.gif

Well, we kicked their butt, and the scorekeeper in the box played this song as everyone was shaking hands. It was fun, but I still could not believe the reaction from their fans.

They should have run draws at you. Or quick tight end slants out of the shotgun.

Pansies.

:winking emoticon:

It's a fun song and I like it. Am I going to buy this guy's music or albums? Not a chance. But, it is what it is. I like having breaks from the seriousness of Rush and other music to wig out on things like this.

Late to the game, but...

Exactly. I love the song. Like you said, it's just a fun song to loosen up over. It's the exact opposite of Rush. It's fun to hear in the bars when I go out and it accomplishes it's purpose, which is a good dance song to dance and have fun with.

People really need to loosen up.

You know, i just read an article (on Cracked no less) that talks about how the human brain is programed to respond to simple, short and direct sounds, which can be used to make people do certain things. Thats the way certain languages in ancient times, like sumerian, was used by their priests to get people to go work on the fields or whatever sumerians did.

The point is, thats probably the reason why people starts doing that stupid horse riding-like dance every time this crappy song pops out, and thats why it has gotten so big. Its all because those lyrics and his simple and short sounding gibberish (sorry, but thats the way korean sounds to me, and dont lie thats how it sound to you also).

Edited by Akron162

Come on, it's a fun song, and the video is hilarious. Lighten up Francis.

I play the Spanish cover version in class. It's a pretty catchy way to learn a few words and phrases.

Incidently, if you want to learn how to say "I'll never return with you" in Spanish, search youtube for the Spanish cover of Taylor Swift's song. My 6-year old son has got the phrase down pat.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Oct 16 2012, 09:30 PM) QUOTE (t2s @ Oct 3 2012, 08:30 PM) QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Oct 3 2012, 01:40 PM) My brother is blasting this crap...i hate it!!

Mr IsNot is right its asian LMFAO...more dumbasses in the world...Even I make� better beats than that!

They played it on the intercom at my school and a paraproffessional started to do that loser dance and i sat back and listened to Celtic Frost the whole time

Wow, teach me how to be a hardcore, badass cool as shit 14 year old

haha so funny that he'd rather hear celtic frost than a bad song! haaaaaa

hey man! celtic frost is amazing...way better than PSY... what's with all the hate?

My daughter played it this weekend on youtube so I now know what it is.

For the life of me, I can't fathom how someone could be entertained by it or appreciate it. I think its best purpose would be to play for terrorists.

It's a fun song and I like it. Am I going to buy this guy's music or albums? Not a chance. But, it is what it is. I like having breaks from the seriousness of Rush and other music to wig out on things like this.

Late to the game, but...

Exactly. I love the song. Like you said, it's just a fun song to loosen up over. It's the exact opposite of Rush. It's fun to hear in the bars when I go out and it accomplishes it's purpose, which is a good dance song to dance and have fun with.

I always hear this argument in favor of these stupid pop/dubstep/whateverthehelltheyare hit songs... "Relax, kick back, have a good time and enjoy the music." Well, I don't enjoy the music, so I don't want to relax or kick back, I want to get out of here as soon as possible. And I do.

Late to the game, but...

I always hear this argument in favor of these stupid pop/dubstep/whateverthehelltheyare hit songs... "Relax, kick back, have a good time and enjoy the music." Well, I don't enjoy the music, so I don't want to relax or kick back, I want to get out of here as soon as possible. And I do.

More room on the dance floor for me!

Late to the game, but...

More room on the dance floor for me!

Figured the less room the better, with that dry humping and all that.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

This computer doesn't have sound.

What is this fool doing at Oxford?

Ok, home now and listened. Still don't understand why he's at Oxford.

He's done a good job and good for him with the success, but there's no great story here and nothing really new to learn.

If you want a really cool story about hard work and effort in artists, check out King's X's history, specifically what they did during the 80's... That's impressive.

1up'd :clap: