PSY'S Gangnam Style.

D3strukt

If I listened to Korean radio, I'd imagine he's on it all the time. Alas, I don't

I do get to see PSY on many new billboards and advertisements, as well as TV spots and YouTube commercials. I even saw the video on the taxi's TV as I was headed somewhere yesterday.

Don't worry about Korea, though. This guy is a bigshot right now, and I think rightfully so. The song is cool, and I really enjoy the parodies you can find on YouTube (Look up "PSY Hard"). The Korean pop landscape, moreso than the West I think, will be very eagerly looking for the NEXT Big Deal. It's been the same ever since I got here. One song is huge on the radio, then the next guy comes along in a month or two and, like I said, I think it happens much faster than it does in the West.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 3 2012, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Oct 1 2012, 06:36 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hdZ951JoMU

It just cracks me up to think of Hitler in hell seeing what his legacy has become. laugh.gif

http://www.billboard.com/column/viralvideo...007952002.story

For some people, that's the whole point. For those people, laughing at him may very well be the best way to respond to his whole legacy.

<end derail>

My brother is blasting this crap...i hate it!!

Mr IsNot is right its asian LMFAO...more dumbasses in the world...Even I make better beats than that!

They played it on the intercom at my school and a paraproffessional started to do that loser dance and i sat back and listened to Celtic Frost the whole time

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Oct 3 2012, 01:40 PM)

Mr IsNot is right its asian LMFAO...more dumbasses in the world...Even I make better beats than that!

They played it on the intercom at my school and a paraproffessional started to do that loser dance and i sat back and listened to Celtic Frost the whole time

Wow, teach me how to be a hardcore, badass cool as shit 14 year old boarder.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 24 2012, 11:38 AM)
It's a fun song and I like it. Am I going to buy this guy's music or albums? Not a chance. But, it is what it is. I like having breaks from the seriousness of Rush and other music to wig out on things like this.

yes.gif

I wouldn't at all say people are dumb asses for liking this song (or nearly any song for that matter, I'm sure there are instances). Inelegant maybe. Trendy 13-30 year olds for the most part, you know the crowd. These trends get on my nerves and I often wonder when they'll simply come to an end, and truth the is they won't. I go into the student help center at my college and this song is being blasted and I just wonder "Why?" This is an educational environment, not a party-house. Less 1/10th of the time I like these big hits... It just works that way for a lot of us, and we do suffer the minor annoyance of dealing with overplayed and overpraised songs... But that's the small price we pay in trade of other's fun and excitement. It's not so bad if you think the whole thing through. On our side of the matter... We can just twiddle our thumbs, do our best to avoid it, and hope the next smash hit will be better than worse.

I've heard the song about five or six songs against my will... In Highschool this number would be tenfold. Once you escape highschool, you don't become completely oblivious to silly media you don't care for, but you don't have to deal with it on the daily. It's a strange four years, you'll make it through though an even miss it once you're out.

It's crap, although there's a bit of Pump Up The Jam in there, but that's its only redeeming feature. And not being Nickelback. That's always a good thing.

But Christ almighty, look at all the views it's gotten. Scary. How many have we lost over the years to aural horsedung?

QUOTE (t2s @ Oct 3 2012, 08:30 PM)

Mr IsNot is right its asian LMFAO...more dumbasses in the world...Even I make  better beats than that!

Wow, teach me how to be a hardcore, badass cool as shit 14 year old boarder.gif

rofl3.gif

I haven't heard it, only heard OF it.

I have the oddest feeling that I'm not missing anything life-enriching. I'm also fearful that it might be an earworm and that I'd never be able to make it leave my brain.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 22 2012, 12:07 PM)
I haven't heard it, only heard OF it.

I have the oddest feeling that I'm not missing anything life-enriching. I'm also fearful that it might be an earworm and that I'd never be able to make it leave my brain.

Spot on!