Blind Worshipers

rayrushray

You know what we need ? Another thread started by a Troll that hates the set . How fresh and new cheer.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 18 2012, 08:39 PM)
Why should anyone give a damn what someone in Pittsburgh says? It doesn't even have an NBA team, so it's not a 'real' big town. This was just a warm-up show for the real fans in Indy, chicago and Detroit.

No, just real dominating teams in other sports like the Steelers and the Pens, as well as being ranked the most liveable city in the US.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 02:58 PM)
and bill it appropriately so the "Working Man" can save his money

Peace out

The Troll, Ruffian, Scoundrel and whatever else the Post T4E rush "experts" want to call me.

Aw, you are hurting. Try some butt cream. It soothes the savage ass.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 19 2012, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (zappafrank @ Sep 19 2012, 01:02 PM)
ranked the most liveable city in the US.

laugh.gif You've GOT to be joking.

No, he's not, and it was.

Indeed, Pittsburgh's art scene, job prospects, safety and affordability make it the most livable city in the country, according to measures studied. The city has rebounded from its manufacturing past. Disused steel mills have been repurposed into multimedia art centers, and amid a struggling national economy, Google ( GOOG - news - people ) Pittsburgh, a test site for the company's new high-speed broadband network, has expanded its offices to accommodate more hires.

As for not having an NBA team - all I can say is, THANK GOD! Hate basketball. MLB, NFL and NHL are quite enough, thanks. And for anyone who happens to like basketball, we got college level to keep them entertained.

Edited by BriGuy

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 04:17 PM)
I took two pills three hours ago and woke up in 1980, and Rush was Rush, and they cared about what "all" the fans thought.

They probably never envisioned a Rush Forum, where disciples would come and praise their every move, even when they made mistakes and played songs from their mostly forgotten era.

Call the VFW and clear their calendar, book the Moose Lodge in advance, clear the DJ area at the American Legion, The 2012 Rush tour is coming to town, and it's bringing "The Body Electric"....not the electric slide.

WTF

Bring the real Rush next time you come back to Pittsburgh.

Funny dude, and i pretty much agree with most of your comments, they could have easily saved this set list with just two or three song changes and still had a heavy mid eighties flavor for those who for whatever reason like those synth albums. I read a quote from Alex that they were at least considering some more changes to the set, my show isnt until Nov so one can olny hope!

QUOTE (BriGuy @ Sep 19 2012, 02:44 PM)

Indeed, Pittsburgh's art scene, job prospects, safety and affordability make it the most livable city in the country, according to measures studied. The city has rebounded from its manufacturing past. Disused steel mills have been repurposed into multimedia art centers, and amid a struggling national economy, Google ( GOOG - news - people ) Pittsburgh, a test site for the company's new high-speed broadband network, has expanded its offices to accommodate more hires.

As for not having an NBA team - all I can say is, THANK GOD! Hate basketball. MLB, NFL and NHL are quite enough, thanks. And for anyone who happens to like basketball, we got college level to keep them entertained.

goodpost.gif

Pittsburgh is an excellent and exciting city to live in. I'm not missing an NBA team at all either.

QUOTE (TheWK90 @ Sep 19 2012, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Sep 18 2012, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (TheWK90 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 04:17 PM)

Bring the real Rush next time you come back to Pittsburgh.

Then who was that band on stage kicking my ass all night? confused13.gif

Exactly.

I was at this show that the OP seems to think was so awful. I've not seen Rush 70billion times like some, but I've seen them enough to know that this show DID NOT SUCK!

Hmm... I was at that show, too (hey we're both from Pittsburgh!!!), and it was awesome!!! That is why I was confused by the OP's statement. confused13.gif

Guess all we can do is wish him well. 1022.gif

Yup. Pittsburgh here! Hopefully I'll get to catch you at the Cleveland show? I hope to drive over a day early to take in the Distant Signals show.

QUOTE (MCM @ Sep 19 2012, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (BriGuy @ Sep 19 2012, 02:44 PM)

goodpost.gif

Pittsburgh is an excellent and exciting city to live in. I'm not missing an NBA team at all either.

Yeah I know Pittsburgh is cool...I was just trying to get under the OPs skin. wink.gif

Someday the Pirates will have a winning record. wink.gif

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 03:58 PM)

Peace out

The Troll, Ruffian, Scoundrel and whatever else the Post T4E rush "experts" want to call me.

wouldn't it be more expensive in theaters? less seats, less revenue?

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 03:18 PM)
Don't need a hug......I had to hug my two sons enough after the show to console them and try and convince them that Rush isn't really this lame.

I just want it to be known that for every 100 folks who review each show in each city on this forum and "LOVED" it........there were 10,000.00 or so fans who left disappointed in it's lack of energy and enthusiasm(something Rush was always first rate at)

If you are going to put a show together, make sure you realize that people are spending hard earned money in a bad economy to come and see it.

Many are bringing their children, and the truth is, these"Rarities" would have received better reception if they had introduced them via some more familiar songs.

The reason I personally like Rush is because I can go to a show and expect to hear gems that don't receive as much attention as they do. I'm glad they left out songs like "Closer to the Heart" and "Limelight." There are some great songs they chose to play instead. Songs nobody really expected to hear and songs many were very pleased to.

QUOTE (Godot @ Sep 19 2012, 06:34 PM)
The reason I personally like Rush is because I can go to a show and expect to hear gems that don't receive as much attention as they do.  I'm glad they left out songs like "Closer to the Heart" and "Limelight."  There are some great songs they chose to play instead.  Songs nobody really expected to hear and songs many were very pleased to.

You know this is the thing that drives me nuts about all the pissing, moaning and bitching about the setlist. People complained about too many "hits" in previous tours and not enough deeper cuts. Now they're complaining about too many 80s tunes on this tour when they are digging deeper in their catalogue and not doing the hits. Do I love the whole setlist? Nope. But I love that there's a lot of songs that aren't from the "typical" Rush show plus 3/4 of a new album, a REALLY excellent new album at that. This is going to be a wonderful show (Seattle 11/13).

here's what they need to do at the official band website.......they need to put up a poll of all their songs and you can go and pay $25 to register and then pick up to ten songs you would like to hear on tour. that way you dont just have to pick "one"....this way you get to pick some hits you still want to hear along with a handful of deeper cuts.

then all of the votes will be tallied and and they can play the top 20 or so songs rated (or however many songs can be squeezed into the time the set allows).

your $25 can then be applied to a PROMO code via ticketmaster to receive $25 off of a ticket purchase for the actual show.

in other words you cant just be a troll wanting to vote....you would have to be willing to shell out $25 to place your vote but you would get your $25 back when you purchased an actual ticket to the show.

then that would allow the best true mix of what "the fans" want to hear to be used in reality.....still would be some bitchers but fewer.

I personally think that would be really lame. Bands like Poison do stuff like that because they have nothing to say. (That said, I really enjoyed seeing Poison live)

Rush is putting on the show that they want to put on with the songs that they want to play. They don't care want the fans want and they never have. That's what makes them special. They're selfish.

I'm sure there are plenty of tribute bands out there that would be happy to play Jacob's Ladder.

QUOTE (Prattster @ Sep 18 2012, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 03:58 PM)

Peace out

Good, I can feel your anger... It gives you focus, makes you stronger...

rage.gif

Yes, the Farce is strong with this one.