What my son said

30kwpa

Times are tough for some. Me especially right now. The thought of selling my fairly decent tickets has crossed my mind for weeks. Oddly enough, our seats are in Orch 2 Row X. Last time were row Y and the time before... yep, row Z. Pretty much the same seat #s too. My son... The Boy (17 years old) hasn't examined the current set list(s) as I have. I mentioned that I was toying with the idea.... NO!! I got a job now (we both work at night). I'll pay. We're going. But... I have seen the set list and...well, I like some and sorta don't and you probably don't know all of 'em and... he calmly but sternly stated... they can do a poll or even THEY can pick their worst 15 songs ever and play them backwards for all I care for only 30 minutes. It's RUSH and... he just looked at me like...duh, dingus!! Are you now too old to... HEY you little... But he ain't little anymore. Bigger than me!!! So... even if the songs they do don't completely get your neck hairs up or brings tears or make ya stand up and... God forbid (another topic) dance and act the fool, it is RUSH and it is why we are here rolling the bones and why the most of us will be there... There being here on this particular evening... Nov. 1, Atlanta / Alpharetta with our hearts and minds united... in a single, perfect, sphere.

Let's not bitch. Lets just enjoy ourselves as one, together, and leave the bitching to the those who feel they must. Bust The Busters, Screw The Feeders, Make The Healers... Feel The Way...

Dude, both you and your son have it straight up!

Have a great time at the show -

"A single perfect sphere" - along with about 12,000 others!

2.gif

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Sep 18 2012, 03:05 AM)
Times are tough for some. Me especially right now. The thought of selling my fairly decent tickets has crossed my mind for weeks. Oddly enough, our seats are in Orch 2 Row X. Last time were row Y and the time before... yep, row Z. Pretty much the same seat #s too. My son... The Boy (17 years old) hasn't examined the current set list(s) as I have. I mentioned that I was toying with the idea.... NO!! I got a job now (we both work at night). I'll pay. We're going. But... I have seen the set list and...well, I like some and sorta don't and you probably don't know all of 'em and... he calmly but sternly stated... they can do a poll or even THEY can pick their worst 15 songs ever and play them backwards for all I care for only 30 minutes. It's RUSH and... he just looked at me like...duh, dingus!! Are you now too old to... HEY you little... But he ain't little anymore. Bigger than me!!! So... even if the songs they do don't completely get your neck hairs up or brings tears or make ya stand up and... God forbid (another topic) dance and act the fool, it is RUSH and it is why we are here rolling the bones and why the most of us will be there... There being here on this particular evening... Nov. 1, Atlanta / Alpharetta with our hearts and minds united... in a single, perfect, sphere.
Let's not bitch. Lets just enjoy ourselves as one, together, and leave the bitching to the those who feel they must. Bust The Busters, Screw The Feeders, Make The Healers... Feel The Way...

hope things look up for you ( and me ) in the near future. trink39.gif

a show with your son is always a good call.

i do believe:

2.gif will get you through times of no money better

than money will get you through times of no 2.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 18 2012, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (30kwpa @ Sep 18 2012, 03:05 AM)
Times are tough for some. Me especially right now. The thought of selling my fairly decent tickets has crossed my mind for weeks. Oddly enough, our seats are in Orch 2 Row X. Last time were row Y and the time before... yep, row Z. Pretty much the same seat #s too. My son... The Boy (17 years old) hasn't examined the current set list(s) as I have. I mentioned that I was toying with the idea.... NO!! I got a job now (we both work at night). I'll pay. We're going. But... I have seen the set list and...well, I like some and sorta don't and you probably don't know all of 'em and... he calmly but sternly stated... they can do a poll or even THEY can pick their worst 15 songs ever and play them backwards for all I care for only 30 minutes. It's RUSH and... he just looked at me like...duh, dingus!! Are you now too old to... HEY you little... But he ain't little anymore. Bigger than me!!! So... even if the songs they do don't completely get your neck hairs up or brings tears or  make ya stand up and... God forbid (another topic) dance and act the fool, it is RUSH and it is why we are here rolling the bones and why the most of us will be there... There being here on this particular evening... Nov. 1, Atlanta / Alpharetta with our hearts and minds united... in a single, perfect, sphere.

hope things look up for you ( and me ) in the near future. trink39.gif

a show with your son is always a good call.

i do believe:

2.gif will get you through times of no money better

than money will get you through times of no 2.gif

Ah, me thinks I detect a subtly altered Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers quote!

Well said, 30kwpa. Having daughters, the only concert(?) we shared was when some Disney-radio band played at a local park. I think for them, going to see RUSH with me might rank up there with having someone pull out their fingernails.

So appreciate the time and experience. Someone once said the only good day is one in which you create an everlasting memory. So have fun and create a memory you can tell your grandkids about while you're taking them to see the R50 tour.

You guys have it right! There's so much to love about what RUSH has done in the past and what they are currently doing with CA, it seems petty and ridiculous to complain about what songs they aren't playing. They are RUSH. Because of all the great music they've given me over the years, I will always go see them live. I hope they tour for as long as I live but I know they'll stop some day. Until either I die or they stop touring...I'll be there!!!

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Sep 18 2012, 04:05 AM)
Times are tough for some. Me especially right now. The thought of selling my fairly decent tickets has crossed my mind for weeks. Oddly enough, our seats are in Orch 2 Row X. Last time were row Y and the time before... yep, row Z. Pretty much the same seat #s too. My son... The Boy (17 years old) hasn't examined the current set list(s) as I have. I mentioned that I was toying with the idea.... NO!! I got a job now (we both work at night). I'll pay. We're going. But... I have seen the set list and...well, I like some and sorta don't and you probably don't know all of 'em and... he calmly but sternly stated... they can do a poll or even THEY can pick their worst 15 songs ever and play them backwards for all I care for only 30 minutes. It's RUSH and... he just looked at me like...duh, dingus!! Are you now too old to... HEY you little... But he ain't little anymore. Bigger than me!!! So... even if the songs they do don't completely get your neck hairs up or brings tears or  make ya stand up and... God forbid (another topic) dance and act the fool, it is RUSH and it is why we are here rolling the bones and why the most of us will be there... There being here on this particular evening... Nov. 1, Atlanta / Alpharetta with our hearts and minds united... in a single, perfect, sphere.

I think you and your son will really enjoy the show. It is very, very good.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Sep 18 2012, 11:21 AM)
Well said, 30kwpa. Having daughters, the only concert(?) we shared was when some Disney-radio band played at a local park. I think for them, going to see RUSH with me might rank up there with having someone pull out their fingernails.

So appreciate the time and experience. Someone once said the only good day is one in which you create an everlasting memory. So have fun and create a memory you can tell your grandkids about while you're taking them to see the R50 tour.

I think my daughter 16yrs old is looking fwd. more than I sad.gif wacko.gif wtf.gif , she has the days hours and minutes counting down to seeing the guys on Oct 14th in TO! 653.gif trink39.gif